westybig

is NA AW PvP still a thing?

So after seeing crossfaders post i was keen to come back and give AW one more try, what if any times are there when theres actually enough people around to get pvp games?

well yesterday evening i could get a PvP battle in tier 4-7 in about 1-2min with about 8-10 ppl... so not instant, but no insane queues. Still, not the greatest. Have not tried during the week (literally restarted playing yesterday).

PvE was fast, and alot of the new missions were pretty fun.

I think they should just merge the NA and EU servers and if ever NA gets big again (make America great again), separate them 

Since it hasn't been brought up, is the EU population reasonable? Only ever had 5-10 hours on my NA account.

The shot delay really killed it for me. A gun that's literally inside of a tank being able to miss is there's movement was just too much. Hearing that they put so much work into fixing that makes me want to give it another go.

4 hours ago, HabNab said:

Since it hasn't been brought up, is the EU population reasonable? Only ever had 5-10 hours on my NA account.

The shot delay really killed it for me. A gun that's literally inside of a tank being able to miss is there's movement was just too much. Hearing that they put so much work into fixing that makes me want to give it another go.

thats the best thing in 0.16,no more shot delay.. at all. I was surprised at how big of a difference it made playing the game

I'm logged into AW on the NA server right now.  I haven't played since last year.  There were 17 players in the PvP queue and almost all of them are MBTs.  I eventually got into a 8v8 battle after a long wait.

4 hours ago, HabNab said:

Absolutely. You can get quick games (<2 minutes queue) with 15 people per side throughout most of the day, the only time you're gonna struggle is late night to early morning EU time. PVE queue is near instant all the time.

ok, after playing 1 1/2hours of pvp (NA server) i would like to clarify what i said earlier... PvE is great, dont fucking touch PvP with a ten foot poll

A game design to have a 15 v 15 player in +/-1 MM now is a 8 v 8 with +/-2MM. You think WoT has broken MM and game design  :look:

6 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

ok, after playing 1 1/2hours of pvp (NA server) i would like to clarify what i said earlier... PvE is great, dont fucking touch PvP with a ten foot poll

A game design to have a 15 v 15 player in +/-1 MM now is a 8 v 8 with +/-2MM. You think WoT has broken MM and game design  :look:

Alternatively, come to EU, where it's 15v15 +/-1 :doge:

1 hour ago, Greatspank said:

>7GB update

>muh capped data plan:happyfish:

Is arta still enjoying that 30-40% bonus xps for doing nothing?

Aye. It got nerfed tho (arta, not the bonus) so I don't give a shit. As long as it becomes shittier with every patch, they can give it 400% bonus for all I care.

I haven't played since November last year and probably won't bother with the game ever again. Shame it is better than wot, hands down but the company behind it seems to want to run it into the ground and they are doing a great job at it.