HeartMiner

HeartMiner's Artillery Q&A

2 minutes ago, lt_lolcat said:

Thanks, yeah it's usually not worth the effort.  I only try to do it for personal missions. 

there used to be one mission for cb. WG changed it last patch.

2 minutes ago, HeartMiner said:

there used to be one mission for cb. WG changed it last patch.

And all you had to do was wait for mines, and shoot behind the bushes or buildings. I completed it on my 2nd attempt, 3 shots 3 arty kills mission complete

Hmm.  A thread from a good arty player teaching other arty players how to arty. 

I don't like where this is going.:feelsbad:

At least you're telling interested parties that xvm sniping isn't the thing to do.

14 minutes ago, AR_15 said:

How do you live with yourself?

I... I don't think he remembers us :feelsbad:

Once we were the glorious token white guys, the brave souls who dared to yolo-pub CW and enrage Carbon... but now, we are just random white guys....

Just now, PityFool said:

Once we were the glorious token white guys, the brave souls who dared to yolo-pub CW and enrage Carbon... but now, we are just random white guys....

CHAI has changed :cri:

1 hour ago, AR_15 said:

How do you live with yourself?

dude i just platooned with you a month ago.

1 hour ago, PityFool said:

of course i do you dumb. oh maybe not you but definitely ar15

stop spreading cancer heart.

6 hours ago, HeartMiner said:

dude i just platooned with you a month ago.

But I didn't know you were living a secret arty lyfe

I only play arty for the girl crews, so I'm not really trying to get gud at it, but after the M44, the M12 was just awful.  Any tips for making M12 work - other than just playing full on yolo TD mode (which it seemed better at than arty mode).

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

I only play arty for the girl crews, so I'm not really trying to get gud at it, but after the M44, the M12 was just awful.  Any tips for making M12 work - other than just playing full on yolo TD mode (which it seemed better at than arty mode).

Free XP to the M43 :serb:

(Seriously, do it, it's that much better)

18 minutes ago, Tedster59 said:

Free XP to the M43 :serb:

(Seriously, do it, it's that much better)

Sadly, I hate playing arty too much to piss away that much free XP on it. :feelsbad:

11 hours ago, Kolni said:

CHAI probably realised that you can snipe even further away with arty :doge: 

even EU knows chai lol

10 hours ago, AR_15 said:

But I didn't know you were living a secret arty lyfe

its fine just pretent I never had one, cuz I quit it after 3 marking the disgusting GC. :poi:

8 hours ago, Spartan96 said:

Heartminer I've done most of the American three marks and now the 261 , but  I struggle with the CGC in consistency.

Got any tips for that? 

dont play it. its a fucking disgusting POS.

8 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

its as easy as making the arlv39 or the amx40 work. keep playing the m44 until you have enough free exp and 5 skills crew and skip it. 

Y U SO GUD HEART?  

Well done - I wish I can be half as good as you are with artys.  I've unlocked pretty much everything on the tech tree except high tier artys, maybe it's time to resume artys grinds:kwim:, can you share some of your replays?

Serious questions now

1. How do you prioritize targets - in a regular tank (i.e. non-SPG), I'd follow some common prioritization rules based on hp, location, armor, etc.  but I found it difficult to do so in an arty.  I often waste too many shells trying to take out low health enemies or tanks holding important positions moving in/out from cover.  Should I go for the easier targets instead?  
  2. How to overcome RNG and deal consistent damage in artys - arty is too RNG dependent, I had low or zero dmg games more often than not, which is why I stopped playing artys.  Having a decent and consistent DPG in any arty seems impossible to me.  I figure this must overlap with the first question, but do you have any specific tricks for maintaining consistent DPG?
  3. Why not AP in 261 - I thought AP is one of 261's strengths.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Reunify said:

can you share some of your replays?

i will make videos like the t92 last 30 games compilation. 

I recently brought an M44 to do arty missions and have had a miserable time. According to my stats, I'm yellow in it, more or less.

On a good day, I hit and penetrate 3 out of 9 shots with HEAT. I get more consistent damage with HE, but even that misses a lot and it's not the same as whacking someone for 700.

I've tried playing it more like a FV304 (get just behind the front lines), but even then it takes all day to aim in and is unreliable at best.

How do I get the gun to hit more? I'm running it with food and gunnery skills, don't have BiA yet. Usual equipment of Rammer/GLD/Binocs.

Heartminer, do you have any replays of lower tier arty or is it pretty much the same game as you move up in tiers? 

Would watching games of your T92 help me in an M12 for instance?

I've gotta be doing something wrong, I've pretty much been looking at clickers as slot machines, but you are doing 2-2.5x as much damage as I am in the clickers we have in common, which is completely outside the realm of possibility if we were doing anything remotely similar.

For instance, in the S-51, you average 2400 DPG, I average 1250 (And I feel like the S-51 is one of my BETTER clickers). GW Panther (which I just got elited not too long ago) is 1900 vs 1100. M12 (another one I feel pretty good about, it feels similar to the S-51 to me) 2100 vs 1170. And the M44, which I thought of as absolute fucking garbage, 1600 vs 900.

Are there particular spots that you go to on different maps? Would you be willing to share those with us plebs?