milk_my_duds

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

• STB1
    • BatChat
    • T62A
    • Obj140
    • Obj430

I have the option to get one of these few tier 10 mediums.  I do not want to spam premium rounds to maintain 3k-4k WN8.

Which one would meet my requirements?  It appears they all have similar pens with standard ammo.  I guess the question becomes which one has the play style that you don't need more pen? 

Thank you for your inputs.

Bat by far indeed, because:

1) its designed to flank, so gold is often just unnecessary (and HEAT might get absorbed on sides with no damage easier than APCR)

2) its derpy as hell (accuracy and gun handling are among worst in its class) so HEAT becomes even more unreliable

3) low ammo capacity

4) the long reload can make HEAT somewhat risky, see point 

During my 3 mark session for the bat I fired roughly 5 clips of heat over 50 games when I had no opportunity to flank early on.

So it'd be the bat due to the fact that it generally wants to be on the side/rear of tanks to be successful.

31 minutes ago, Ollie Tabooger said:

Have you considered that some of us might have less credits than others and therefore don't want gigantic credit sinks?

omg

To spell it out for you - t10 meds:

• good to very good mobility, viewrange and camo rating
  • APCR standard shell with high velocity and at least workable accuracy for pin point shooting from the hip
  • between 250-270 mm base pen

And people are seriously asking which t10 meds doesn't need much HEAT :facepalm: (for whatever reason)

You take away the 2-key + platoon and a big part of blues and purples in this forum would run around with green sigs. Fucking disgusting.

Shoot all the gold you will. I don't mind gold ammo at all.

But if you are going to ask which tier X medium needs gold (let alone ask which tier X mediums need it the least!?), then I'm going to call out that WoTLabs picked up where the official forums failed, but has now officially carried too far and create an own kind of utter fail thread/post/idea.

Which tier X mediums needs (the least) gold ammo...

For fuck's sake.

tier X meds are some of the tanks that i use the least amount of gold in... APCR is so much better then heat, and you have enough pen to go through most weakspots without any trouble (only spam heat at E5 tumor, cause fuck that buffed shit)

I hope people had better reading comprehension.

The question was "which tier 10 meds are least prem rounds dependent while maintaining 3k-4k WN8" over thousands of games. 

Of course every troll here can do 3k WN8 without any gold rounds over hundreds or thousands of games. I know I suck. 

Trolls, please carry on being politically correct, e.g. "why need gold rounds blah blah blah".  I appreciate the other's inputs on the Bat.  Thanks.

the only tier 10 medium in which i do not carry any premium shell is the batchat, due to low ammo count, bad handling (which is bad for heat) and the fact that it has an autoloader...

i don't want to sit for 40s just to fire a single heat shell, i'd rather relocate and shoot at someone else or use some of my HP to flank my target..

If I shoot gold in a batchat, you will insult me in chat?

What questions you're going to say next? Which of the tier 9 meds are the least premium rounds dependent? Oh boy, this one is good....

People aren't trolling. They're just wondering why this question needs to be answered for whatever reason.

Ow please, the Batchat is mentioned because loading HEAT in a clip is a loss of time.

All other tier X meds rarely need over 5-10 rounds of HEAT. Their pen in combination with play style is simply enough. If BatChat had a single shot or a ~20sec reload, you'd carry 5-10 HEAT as well.

That doesn't exclude loading all HEAT in all tier X meds and penning those 2 shots extra every 5 games. That's fair enough as far as I am concerned. But still it's stupid to claim that any of these meds actually need gold ammo (or need it in more than a standard, useful back-up quantity).

9 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

omg

To spell it out for you - t10 meds:

• good to very good mobility, viewrange and camo rating
  • APCR standard shell with high velocity and at least workable accuracy for pin point shooting from the hip
  • between 250-270 mm base pen

And people are seriously asking which t10 meds doesn't need much HEAT :facepalm: (for whatever reason)

You take away the 2-key + platoon and a big part of blues and purples in this forum would run around with green sigs. Fucking disgusting.

lol wat? it looks like we have a ''gud'' player here but WG has conspiracy against him

4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

frankly, they all do. they all have similar levels of pen, the only real differences are gun handling and accuracy. 

uh that's not what really matters, with Bc you need to be exposed 14 secs to deal around 1.8k dmg(penning every shot) there's no armor on BC so basically you deal you dmg, run, reload and go again, meanwhile, soviet meds are can even go 1v1 agaisnt heavys and STB can't snipe, needs to be at close to mid range to be efffective and always stay hulldown, i wouldn't expose myself with those meds against an E5 to deal dmg without gold,  meanwhile, i would take one shot with BC if i had the change to take one gun out of the game with an APCR clip.
Playstyle is the real difference IMO

I don't have any of them but i chose t62a because it good that good turret so it can expose itself and aim. To be honest none of them are very heat dependant- all have apcr with 248 min pen i think? and all of them except maybe the m48 Patton are fast enough to flank but corridor meta.... wow I'm rambling so much...