milk_my_duds

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

• STB1
    • BatChat
    • T62A
    • Obj140
    • Obj430

I don't understand the hate. Heat is just better in many situations, and some tanks need(or "need" if you want) it more than others. For example Russian mediums can easily fight against heavies head on, and using heat helps a lot in those situations, so to get maximum performance from those tanks you can say that they need more premium ammo than BC or TVP. And even BC is not really limited much if you happen to have heat loaded when you don't need it, so most of the time only thing you lose is some credits. Sure all T10 meds are perfectly fine and playable without any premium if you don't mind limiting your choices a bit(not fighting strong heavies head on etc), but that was not the question. 

Personally I fail to see how f0lter connects gold rounds to being a unicum when the sad reality is that it isn't ~that~ easy to become a true unicum. HEAT has just as many disadvantages as it does advantages, especially for meds that are constantly taking snap-shots (i.e the 140/T62A)- it's not like you need far more skill to load APCR instead of HEAT.

That being said, I've never loaded more than 10 rounds of HEAT in any tank I have for pubs- and my motto is "only load enough gold to be able to brawl and 1v1 a maus' hitpoints"; which means that if a tank does 320 alpha, I load 10 HEAT rounds to ensure I can easily carry against a tank like that without fucking myself over with having too much HEAT (as I genuinely hate HEAT). So my vote goes towards the batchat, especially since it is the only tier 10 med I own at this point and I find it far better than the RU meds when played correctly.

7 hours ago, HS5 said:

I don't understand the hate. Heat is just better in many situations, and some tanks need(or "need" if you want) it more than others. For example Russian mediums can easily fight against heavies head on, and using heat helps a lot in those situations, so to get maximum performance from those tanks you can say that they need more premium ammo than BC or TVP. And even BC is not really limited much if you happen to have heat loaded when you don't need it, so most of the time only thing you lose is some credits. Sure all T10 meds are perfectly fine and playable without any premium if you don't mind limiting your choices a bit(not fighting strong heavies head on etc), but that was not the question. 

Whoah now. RU meds APCR pen: 264. TVP APCR pen: 248.

1 hour ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

@Folterknecht @Private_Miros

I cant wait to come home just so I can type and show you how big of a shitpost you 2 just made

So you claim that there are tier X mediums that need near-full gold ammo load outs to be competitive!?

To reinterate my utter shit posts:

- none of the tier-X mediums is premium ammo dependent;

- all tier-X mediums do perfectly fine with standard ammo and some HEAT for certain situations;

- pure HEAT spam is fine by my book, but if you NEED it because with standard ammo your tier X medium is clearly simply unplayable you're simply incapable of playing tonks properly.

I cannot wait to hear it.

53 minutes ago, woe2you said:

Whoah now. RU meds APCR pen: 264. TVP APCR pen: 248.

Yeah, but do you want to fight heavies head on with TVP? Not sure about that...on the other hand russians are perfectly fine with that most of the time. 248 vs 264 is not that big deal in my opinion, can't really think much that 264 would pen but 248 not. Of course you get few less rng low rolls bounces. But that was not actually even the point, haven't played TVP that much so not sure if it even needs less heat, but other better players said so so I'm gonna believe it for now :) Point was that there are differences in how much premium ammo you need to get maximum performance, so original question is pretty valid.

I tried carrying a gold clip on my bat for a while and at first I kind of liked it - useful if you want to blap something thick from the front when it's reloading. But I went back to full apcr after the first game where I ran into a half-loaded clip in a tough situation. NOPE.

So bat is the only one of those that carries no gold for me. But, as has been said already, I don't think any of the tier X meds are particularly gold-intensive.

I guess everything that had to be said, has been said.

All of them Work pretty well without HEAT. 

however. i wouldn't chose a Tank because it need less Prem Ammo, pick the one you want the most. And at the end of the day, i would get all of them but the 430 anyway^^

20 minutes ago, soulsouljah said:

I guess everything that had to be said, has been said.

All of them Work pretty well without HEAT. 

however. i wouldn't chose a Tank because it need less Prem Ammo, pick the one you want the most. And at the end of the day, i would get all of them but the 430 anyway^^

but-t-t-t 430 has highest dpm >:

5 hours ago, Taze said:

I have yet to fire my first HEAT shell in Bat and I have 500 games in it.

And the relevancy to this discussion is...? If your sentence would continue "and I have 3 marks and purple wr in it" then it would have some, but as your BC performance is very mediocre or slightly below, it does not really bring much to subject which T10 med needs least premium for maximum performance. Unless you are saying that if you would have used heat, your performance would have been worse?

I played E100 first 20 games with basically only HE, but I would not try to argue what is optimal ammo load out based on that experience, other that it quite probably is not only HE. :)

Bat is the only med that has sloooow HEAT at 800 m/s. Coupled with the above mentioned derpiness, it is a big disadvantage in most situations, it is an advantage only if you are sitting in front of an reloading E 100 (and proper angled E 100 can bounce most of it - hard to hit police bar or turret cheeks with bat, while if you flank him it is almost dead with apcr, while heat can troll you to no end - but why you sit in front of heavies in a bat- especially reloading ones).

USSR meds have also slowish heat with 900 m/s, but with much better soft stat and better base acc it is still better than apcr against dug in E5s, japs and german boxes frontally.

German and USA 105 mm guns have much better heat velocity than CCCP/French, I love HEAT from E 50 M, since 1200 m/s and laser acc prevents HEAT getting eaten by tracks/missing the tank completely.

A lot of players who dislike HEAT simply played that tanks that can not utilize it to its fullest.

You might argue that 50 M is accurate enough not to require HEAT, but it makes life much easier against heavies, and has almost no disadvantages...compared to Bat HEAT.

62 A needs heat a bit more to utilize its hull down potential, like himmelsdorf heavy tank alley - your opponents there are very hard to tackle with apcr only,

while 140 has better gun dep, is faster, at least top speed (different early deployment sometimes, you get in fight against squishy opponents more often), shoots a tiny bit better on the move, and is smaller - all a characteristics of a good dogfighter/ridge fighter with small exposure - and snapshots are so much better with APCR. also, 62 a can facehug, 140 can not...and facehugging often leads to HEAT USE.

Overall, Bat is the only tank where you are not gimping yourself for not firing heat in abudance - if the situation requires it. Top of the trees IS-7/E5/Jpe 100 and so on simply tend to clogg the games with so much armor that you need 15 HEAT just in case you see 10 top of the tree tanks in battle each side.

1 year ago wit shorter top of the trees, and no missions afterwards - so ppl mostly ignored them, I would say you could play without the number 2 at all, without noticing.

Bat>140>62A if only apcr. 430 is a bad tank, and 430 v 2 is  so much better. stay at tier 9 there.

STB is hard to tell, played only test server. I suppose it is a mixed bag, gun is derpy to shoot weakspots on heavies with apcr but heat often goes into track... never liked this one, i am e 50 m fan. Take others advice regarding this one.

P.S. spamming HEAT from  bat is stupid, why not take t50 or T54. They can actually get very good resulty BECAUSE of so much penetration, allowing you to kill hardest opponents early in game - it helps your WR. and have enough soft stat/acc to place that HEAT outside dirt/tracks. In case of T-54 even enough armor to bully stupid heavies while snapshoting them.

Or 430 v2, that is perfect brawler with Turret of pure Stalinum that can kill tier X super heavies all day long in heavy alley/facehug...if you have enough skill ammo.

23 minutes ago, HS5 said:

And the relevancy to this discussion is...? If your sentence would continue "and I have 3 marks and purple wr in it" then it would have some, but as your BC performance is very mediocre or slightly below, it does not really bring much to subject which T10 med needs least premium for maximum performance. Unless you are saying that if you would have used heat, your performance would have been worse?

Rude. Relevance is, that it still is my best performing T10 medium tank (by WN8). We all can't be unicums and really thought others are also allowed to post their views on subjects (eventhough I've been told my skill level isn't good good enough for anything else than questions).

Mackille terkkuja!

Not meant to be rude, and your skill level was not the point, your post just did not bring any content to discussion. Even if you would have 4K average damage in BC while using zero heat, it still would not bring much because maybe you would have even more with heat, who knows because you haven't tried? And as you clearly don't have amazing performance in it, it does not even prove that you can reach good results without heat(which is not in doubt, and was not the main question anyway). Question is, while it is your best T10, would it be better or worse with some heat? If you play next 100 games with 50/50 heat/apcr and then comment, then it is absolutely relevant comment.

1 hour ago, HS5 said:

If you play next 100 games with 50/50 heat/apcr and then comment, then it is absolutely relevant comment.

TBH I didn't realize this was even under question anymore after so many others stated BC too, and yes my post was probably vain.

I might try that though, it just doesn't seem useful, also I hope I'm bit better with Bat now than in my 1st 400 games (at least my avg dpg has gone up like 200 in last 100 games or so), so I couldn't compare results straight anyway.

@Private_Miros

Lots of us here are tryharding WoT, wanting to pull high numbers in every session. In current meta, if you want to pull 4.5k dpg in tier X meds like other ultraunicums you have to fire heat rounds. If heat was unnecessary in current corridor meta, than non of the ultra unicums would use it. There are no ultraunicums who carry more than 10 heat rounds in the batchat, but all of them use more than 10 heat rounds (usually more than 20) in every other tier x med. OP's question was perfectly fine, the answer is obviously the Batchat and If after spending so much time on these forums you think gold is "unnecessary" in tier x meds, then thats just sad. 

Sure you can play with 0 heat rounds at tier X but be ready to pull less average damage than the equally skilled player who uses HEAT.

fore reference, I play my Bat with 10 heat and my RU meds with 25/25 apcr/heat.

44 minutes ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

@Private_Miros

Lots of us here are tryharding WoT, wanting to pull high numbers in every session. In current meta, if you want to pull 4.5k dpg in tier X meds like other ultraunicums you have to fire heat rounds. If heat was unnecessary in current corridor meta, than non of the ultra unicums would use it. There are no ultraunicums who carry more than 10 heat rounds in the batchat, but all of them use more than 10 heat rounds (usually more than 20) in every other tier x med. OP's question was perfectly fine, the answer is obviously the Batchat and If after spending so much time on these forums you think gold is "unnecessary" in tier x meds, then thats just sad. 

Sure you can play with 0 heat rounds at tier X but be ready to pull less average damage than the equally skilled player who uses HEAT.

fore reference, I play my Bat with 10 heat and my RU meds with 25/25 apcr/heat.

1. That's the difference between mid 4k WN8 and high 4k WN8 that's valid, BUT;

2. Why then not carry HEAT as standard? And APCR as ammo to rarely or never use? And that level you grind credits in SH to sponsor randoms anyway.

And:

3. What's the use of that if you don't already pull at least high 3k WN8 in your meds without more than occasional gold use?

IMO, you're generalising something that is true for the top 0,01%, to which neither me nor the OP belong.

Disclaimer, feel free to replace WN with relevant solo WR in my statement if you feel so inclined.

@Private_Miros Wotlabs is moslty the top 0.1% WoT players (IMO), By not being ready to fire heat in a situation when you are forced to fight heavies in a corridor (and in the last year+ you are being forced to those kind of fights even more) you are simply giving away damage/advantageous positions. If Im driving a t62a I'm not gonna abandon an important fight/brawl in a corridor simply because theres a maus and Im not shooting heat/cant pen it. If the players below 3k wn8 refuse to shoot gold (cause you think it makes no real difference at their skill level) when its required then they will never learn how to play on a superunicum level, they will flex to the other flank, abandon an important brawl and lose more battles and damage.

Auto loaders cant brawl like single shot tanks, they have to place themselves in a situation where they can safely unload their clip and thats mostly when they flank and/or have the time to take/aim their shots. On the other hand, RU meds need to constantly shoot and use their DPM to be effective, and they cant afford to flex THAT MUCH like the batchat. They can load heat, sidescrape/hulldown and fight their way through the corridor. Batchat can't.

HEAT is pretty shit, it's only really useful for brawling and even then it's not that much better because the armor zones of heavies tends to consist of areas that you either can't reliably penetrate without E3 railgun rounds, or could be shot through with Lowe AP. Still, better to not need it and have it than need it and not have it.

52 minutes ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

HEAT is pretty shit, it's only really useful for brawling and even then it's not that much better because the armor zones of heavies tends to consist of areas that you either can't reliably penetrate without E3 railgun rounds, or could be shot through with Lowe AP. Still, better to not need it and have it than need it and not have it.

You can pen IS-7 in the upper hull with heat but not with apcr, you can pen the IS-4 upper plate with heat but not with apcr, you can pen e100 and maus in the turrets with heat, with apcr you'll pen 1 out of 5 shots, need I go on?

I'm pretty sure the standard T10 APCR goes through the turret of a Maus like swizz cheese, I'm not sure why there are multiple people saying you need HEAT for it?
The 240mm armor zone is basically flat on the Maus turret and is not small by any means, and even if you miss it, the angle is still low enough to only have like 250mm effective armor.

It is rather easy to pen the turret of a Maus when he is aiming at you.