milk_my_duds

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the tier 10 meds are the least premium rounds dependent?

• STB1
    • BatChat
    • T62A
    • Obj140
    • Obj430

1 hour ago, Vetro said:

Jesus, OP asks a simple question and is torn apart for no reason. Stop being pretentious and answer the goddamn question. 

We are did answer in polls, comments are just there to fight plebs who use inferior ammo load out. :doge: 

3 hours ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

You can pen IS-7 in the upper hull with heat but not with apcr, you can pen the IS-4 upper plate with heat but not with apcr, you can pen e100 and maus in the turrets with heat, with apcr you'll pen 1 out of 5 shots, need I go on?

No, one because this doesn't disagree with my post and two because HEAT is unlikely to go through an IS-7's upper plate or an IS-4 if you hit the center hatch while a Maus's cheeks can be penned regardless.

13 hours ago, Stige said:

I'm pretty sure the standard T10 APCR goes through the turret of a Maus like swizz cheese, I'm not sure why there are multiple people saying you need HEAT for it?
The 240mm armor zone is basically flat on the Maus turret and is not small by any means, and even if you miss it, the angle is still low enough to only have like 250mm effective armor.

It is rather easy to pen the turret of a Maus when he is aiming at you.

Correct, but take in account the RNG and you have about 70% chance at most. Also, even the slightest angle (like when the Maus has fired, and is trying to turn the turret back to safety - and it takes quite a time with the glacial rotation speed it gets), and you missed the opportunity for a damaging shot. With fast firing meds like RU, you have time for 2 for 1 with HEAT, first time when he turns the turret to me, I fire HEAT before he is facing me at the straight angle. he needs to aim 2 seconds since I do not play armorles meds, and then while he turns it back he get slapped once more. 

That was Himmelsdorf heavy tank alley situation 62A vs Maus.

E 100 i can shoot the bottom of the turret, where it is flat angle fore sure penn, police bar or the turret cheeks at the bottom (since HD).

But all that puts me at higher risk, and 750 alpha is scary, so I do not wanna let him aim at me at all, I prefer firing while he is still turning the turret at position. Noobs could wreck my gun with HE, and great players can choose between punching through my turret face with HEAT or overmatching (if i drive 140).

IS 7 front armor I find laughable against fast HEAT rounds coming from rail guns (like e 50 M), if you have even a slight height advantage, like mid range fire (and German boxes have it), but if i am driving E 100 I need to get closer (despite being higher, so more negation of the armor), because the accuracy, and even more, shell speed, is lacking, and good IS-7 driver will use the rather complicated armor scheme at the pike by moving just a little bit if I am aiming at him, so my shot miss the weaker zones of pike.

Also, IS-7 lfp is quite resistant to apcr, since you usually fire with a slight angle from above (USA/German meds), even long range. Ghetto apcr (Skoda and similar) is pretty much useless frontally. Just with Soviet hovermeds you are at the right height to hit it with favorable angle.

E5 without HEAT there is no use risking retaliation for 20% chance of cupola shots with apcr, and even lfp has zones where heat goes when apcr does not, if hit at bad angle.

P.S. i had punched through Maus almost alwasy with ST-I and E5 AP, just because those tanks are almost invulnerable to return fire from maus, even APCR. Of course, it was in situations where it was not crucial to get with him over fast...or important for a win. Also, you can not get 2 for 1 shots with 6+ seconds reload anyway, so...

13 hours ago, Stige said:

I'm pretty sure the standard T10 APCR goes through the turret of a Maus like swizz cheese, I'm not sure why there are multiple people saying you need HEAT for it?
The 240mm armor zone is basically flat on the Maus turret and is not small by any means, and even if you miss it, the angle is still low enough to only have like 250mm effective armor.

It is rather easy to pen the turret of a Maus when he is aiming at you.

When he angles his turret you can still pen the cheeks with HEAT, but not with apcr.

Just now, Jug0sLovEn said:

When he angles his turret you can still pen the cheeks with HEAT, but not with apcr.

Not if he is playing bunker and puts correct angle. But that angle he needs at least 2-2.5 seconds of turret rotation, without the hull movement combined (yes, most players forget that option for getting turrets in safer angle on Maus & E100)

1 hour ago, Felicius said:

Not if he is playing bunker and puts correct angle

411.png

R U sure? :)

49 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Only way for Maus not to be raped is if he has house in front of him. In the open, Maus will always have pretty weak turret.

True, but by that time the hull armor gets worse than turret armor, if both are the perfect angle. For HEAT it is quite close and very RNG dependent (330 heat, not the big boys), I always go for roadwheel or hull 

your tanks gg was not with HEAT, with HEAT normalization fucks you up enough to be rng dependent. 

I carry the least HEAT on: Bat, Leo1, E50M

I carry the most on RU MTs and the STB1

I have a lot of HEAT on the M48, but I rarely fire it. It can just carry a shitload of ammo so why not?

On 7/23/2016 at 7:58 PM, Folterknecht said:

You take away the 2-key + platoon and a big part of blues and purples in this forum would run around with green sigs. Fucking disgusting.

That logic doesn't stand up too well because take the 2 key away and platoons away, you take them away from everyone.

You'd just change the meta and the 'go to' tanks but good players would still be good, I'd actually wager they would be even better because they are better are positioning and map reading.

The HEAT spammers seem to be re-rolls or just plain bads to me, aside the guys going for 3 marks. 

Pretty sure I probably suffer more from premium ammo than I ever gain.

---------

Anyway no tier 10 med needs premium ammo, but it's there, it's useful and it'll get shot at you so you would be stupid not utilise it, but the Bat Chat is the answer because of it's low ammo count and style of play. 

On 27.7.2016 at 3:10 PM, Jug0sLovEn said:

411.png

R U sure? :)

That is vs. AP with 5 degrees of normalization. Against HEAT it is 320+mm - and that is just a small area. Also you tend to shoot up at the Maus. From a slightly lower angle you can add another 10 to 20mm to it. A correctly angled Maus still is a very tough target even when it gets HEAT spammed.

21 hours ago, SirKnumskull said:

That is vs. AP with 5 degrees of normalization. Against HEAT it is 320+mm - and that is just a small area. Also you tend to shoot up at the Maus. From a slightly lower angle you can add another 10 to 20mm to it. A correctly angled Maus still is a very tough target even when it gets HEAT spammed.

Idk what you guys are shooting at but I never EVER struggle penning the maus, he can angle all he wants but he wont bounce shit if he meets me...