Okeano

Bat.-Chatillon 25 t Appreciation Thread

I am trying to get my third MOE on the Bat-mobile and finding it extremely tough. Luckily this tank is such a joy to drive.

I just had this session today:

QFNXiTi.png

Fuck me this tank is fantastic. I *almost* have over 3k avg dmg in mine now - and this is with CW games where I was designated scout and did jack shit. This is EASILY my favourite tank in the game. 

BatChat is love. BatChat is life.

EDIT: forgot the header for the image D:

EDIT2: played a total of 15 games today. 5.3k WN8, 4.5k Dmg, 1.2k spotting on average.

Edited by WaterWar

Wow I feel very small after reading WaterWars post lol... but had a question about my fourth skills mainly for gunner and driver.  Sorry for the repetition in asking again on this thread "what skills should I get next" but I'm curious what u guys think.

Just finished 3rd skill have not selected 4th yet:

Comm: 6th/BIA/camo

Gunner: BIA/camo/snap

Driver: BIA/camo/clutch

Commander to sit A over recon easy choice

Gunner to Deadeye or Safe?  I don't seem to get racked too often in this so leaning towards dead

Driver to Smooth I'm thinking or should I consider offroad?

Thx for the thoughts

I'm holding my opinion that save should be avoided primarily by not getting shot at.

Deadeye is worthy for me, certainly considerable if you're at 4th skill already.

Smooth.

Wow I feel very small after reading WaterWars post lol... but had a question about my fourth skills mainly for gunner and driver.  Sorry for the repetition in asking again on this thread "what skills should I get next" but I'm curious what u guys think.

Just finished 3rd skill have not selected 4th yet:

Comm: 6th/BIA/camo

Gunner: BIA/camo/snap

Driver: BIA/camo/clutch

Commander to sit A over recon easy choice

Gunner to Deadeye or Safe?  I don't seem to get racked too often in this so leaning towards dead

Driver to Smooth I'm thinking or should I consider offroad?

Thx for the thoughts

I would go for situational awareness on your commander over recon. Situational awareness gives a 3% increase to view range while recon only give 2% (If I remember the numbers correctly). Might as well pick the better of two similar skills.

For gunner I would suggest you get repairs. With just one member on repairs you will be able to get your tracks back on in ~5-6 seconds which is enough to avoid permatracking from most tanks. I find the other skills not particularly useful.

For driver I would go smooth ride as it will improve your aiming on the move which in turn will mean you dont have to aim as much when you stop to fire. Also it makes doing damage while circling enemies easier as your aiming reticle is smaller.

Wow i love this tank. Today I had a very good run, I'm afraid to continue, not to screw it up.

4ytImW8.jpg

On mine, i run vstab, vents and optics, with premium consumables.

Crew is:

BIA/6th/Sit.Awareness/Camo

BIA/Snapshot/Camo/Repairs

BIA/SmoothRide/Clutch Breaking/Camo

I tried running GLD without vents, but since I'm using coffee, I switched to vents and I like it this way so far.

I either snipe in camo so that a couple of misses doesn't cost me anything but reload time, or I go close range for surprise buttsex. You can get pretty close to someone and not get spotted while clipping them if you're far back from the bush yourself. Westfield town fight is not where you'd expect camo abuse, but I do close range invisi-clip there all the time.

+1 for this cause its true the funny thing is a bat chat came in on me one time and in all chat goes SUPRISE BUTTSEX and circle of death came shortly after that...sigh.

B-C 25 t 4/6 3,136DPG 2,909WN8

Finally take it out, after refusing cos it's scary and needs good driving. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts

Yeaaaah. It's delightful. Absolutely delightful and brutally effective. 

One of those games was a hard carry on Sand River against 5+ TDs camping. Tore em apart. Gonna try and find the replay. 

*pokes WaterWar* do you have it? I'd appreciate if you could send me the rep!

One of those games was a hard carry on Sand River against 5+ TDs camping. Tore em apart. Gonna try and find the replay. 

*pokes WaterWar* do you have it? I'd appreciate if you could send me the rep!

Here you go: http://wotreplays.com/site/1379083#sand_river-waterwar-bat_chatillon_25_t

It was a great game, albeit a bit slow in the beginning :P

e6xVO6p.jpg

And after almost 500 games, only my second mastery in this thing, which is REALLY surprising given how much I love this tank

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1367095#mines-themarine3_5-bat_chatillon_25_t

Im just getting started with this tank and already not pulling in a good WR...sigh My WN8 is ok honestly with the tank but, how do you force yourself to stay back and not do nothing?

This thing is just fantastic to play. I don't think I have yet to enjoy a tank so much.

After 52 games of never playing this tank before:

vA18q9i.png

Maybe 15 games in platoon, rest solo. 

Can't express how much fun this tank is to play! I had my doubts because I haven't liked paper tanks before but ohmygod this thing is fantastic!

Has anyone tried running vert,vent,GLD instead of ver, vent, opt. Assuming food is slotted for both set ups, is there a significant improvement on gun aim, that makes it worthwhile?

Has anyone tried running vert,vent,GLD instead of ver, vent, opt. Assuming food is slotted for both set ups, is there a significant improvement on gun aim, that makes it worthwhile?

I run Vert, GLD and Optics on mine, with food to compensate for lack of vents, and the GLD made the gun noticeably less shit, but I still dislike playing my Bat :/

I was working on my track two enemies and do damage to them twice while they are tracked mission when I got this gem of a battle. I think it's the first time where I've done damage with every single shell the Batchat can carry. Although I ended up not getting the mission because I was an idiot and thought I only had to track one tank.

el-halluf-france-bat-chatillon-25-t-2102

Got this thing after giving up on the Lorraine and free-xping it. (was tough decision as free xp was going to go on skipping type-61 but 5 horrible games on the Lorraine changed my mind)

Gun handling doesn't seem that bad to me, certainly way better than the horrible 1390.

Was expecting a big learning curve with it, especially as I don't think it fits my natural playstyle but not experienced it so far, small sample of games but I think 2.7 DPG isn't a bad start with.

Just seems a comfortable tank to play with as long as you are patient its basically a top tier light tank with a massive punch.

I mean I have great fun in the T71 and I;d have massive fun in it if I had tier 8 games all day every day in it and that is basically the Bat Chat to me, a light tank that has beaten the system. 

Why would you skip the Type-61? It's perfectly capable.