Okeano

Bat.-Chatillon 25 t Appreciation Thread

I am trying to solopub with el batty baterino. 

After 4 teams too stupid to want to win, I finally got a team just below the threshold of stupid enough to want to lose, that let me carry them. 

End game is me at 500hp, two friendly arty and an enemy bat at 1200. 

I flock back to middle after 50b yolos, but I run out of clip so enemy batchat kills him. I gtfo cos I can't outclip a 1200 bat with 500. I run back to middle, cursing the 50b all the way. Then for some insane reason, their bat rushes our arty across the bridge so I leeroy after him, 50b calling me an idiot for not being there to start. Bat then proceeds to clip out a CGC then....well I guess miss or he was dumb enough to not run in with a full clip. So he tries to bug out from arty cqc just as I arrive and I cruise right behind him unloading 5 shells of delicious revenge in his butt. GG. Fuck you.

PefY2PR.jpg

I love that the 4+ skill crews have a bit of variety with you guys.  The game is more interesting if there are meaningful decisions.

I've collected them here:

(note, I've rearranged some of them for easy readability; all perks are complete) 

Agamemneon:

BIA, 6th/gunnery, camo, Repairs

Scout_in_da_house:

BIA, 6th/gunnery, camo, situ/deadeye/clutch

3MAJ86

BIA, 6th/gunnery, camo, situ/repair/clutch

TheMarine0341

BIA, 6th/gunnery, camo, situ/safe stowage/repairs

KingYoshiLuca

BIA, 6th/gunnery, situ/deadeye/clutch, camo

CrabEatOff

4 skills, not explicitly posted, but includes: gunnery, designated, clutch

deepgift (5 skills):

BIA, 6th/gunnery, repairs, safe stowage/deadeye/off road, camo

Okeano (5 skills):

BIA, 6th/gunnery, camo, situ/safe stowage/clutch, recon/repairs/offroad

8 guys, 8 setups.  

The Agamemneon route seems best for me.  Some of you may be able to survive without repairs, but I'm pretty sure someone like me requires help beyond a repair kit to survive.  I'd love to have situ/designated/off road, but there isn't room for those yet.  

I'm nearing 2.3k battles in mine now. The few times I miss the repairs is when something both tracks me and destroys ammo/engine and I'm running coffee instead of double repairs. It might be interesting to drop the med kit for an extinguisher/extra repairs, haven't tried this yet, but I don't feel like I'm losing crew very often.

I'm also getting "close" to the 6th skill (at 92% now) and will definitely have one crew with repairs. Not sure what other options there are left, might have one with firefighting as well :)

Heyo o/

Grinding towards the Bat Chat 25 t (currently at AMX 12t with a 100% crew) and I'm wondering what skills you guys would recommend for what kind of playstyle.

I don't know what my playstyle would really be in a autoloader thats a medium so any variation of skill setups would be much appreciated.

Currently I haven't started training any skills on the crew so I'm butt nekkid :c

Equipment for a autoloader seems like a nobrainer for me, Vert, Vents, Coated optics. I know for sure I don't want binos since I don't like sitting around too much.

Is food a valid option for the BC 25t? If so, at what point is it valid?

Sorry if these questions may seem nooby, but I am a noob :c

Thanks for any help ^.^

Heyo o/

Grinding towards the Bat Chat 25 t (currently at AMX 12t with a 100% crew) and I'm wondering what skills you guys would recommend for what kind of playstyle.

I don't know what my playstyle would really be in a autoloader thats a medium so any variation of skill setups would be much appreciated.

Currently I haven't started training any skills on the crew so I'm butt nekkid :c

Equipment for a autoloader seems like a nobrainer for me, Vert, Vents, Coated optics. I know for sure I don't want binos since I don't like sitting around too much.

Thanks for any help ^.^

Food is, if you can afford it. I would play it a bit without first, until you get a feeling of what kind of situations you can get into without having a big risk of getting torched or doubletracked.

As for skills, it depends if you're willing to retrain. If you're a cheapskate like me and won't change anything at all throughout the grind, I'd go with this

First: 6th, clutch, camo

Second: BIA

Third: camo, camo, SS (ammo tends to get hit when you're running away from a risky brawl in the batchat)

Fourth: Reckon, gunnery, SA if that's available for the loader.

If you can retrain I'd just go with camo on the commander until first is 100%, and obviously only get BIA when your second skill is 100%, so then I'd swap third with second.

As far as equipment goes, I'm think you can't mount stabs on the entire amx line? GLD is obvious if that's the case.

Why play bat when 50 B is there?

Cuz I want all dem tanks.

Food is, if you can afford it. I would play it a bit without first, until you get a feeling of what kind of situations you can get into without having a big risk of getting torched or doubletracked.

As for skills, it depends if you're willing to retrain. If you're a cheapskate like me and won't change anything at all throughout the grind, I'd go with this

First: 6th, clutch, camo

Second: BIA

Third: camo, camo, SS (ammo tends to get hit when you're running away from a risky brawl in the batchat)

Fourth: Reckon, gunnery, SA if that's available for the loader.

If you can retrain I'd just go with camo on the commander until first is 100%, and obviously only get BIA when your second skill is 100%, so then I'd swap third with second.

As far as equipment goes, I'm think you can't mount stabs on the entire amx line? GLD is obvious if that's the case.

I can afford food, piece of cake c:

Yeah... I'm a cheapskate cuz I can't buy gold so no retraining! :D

CrabEatOff

4 skills, not explicitly posted, but includes: gunnery, designated, clutch

For your explicit pleasure below. I just got 5th skills recently. I achieved the 3rd MoE while on 4 skills, and did not reskill afterwards. I like having skills training, and to reskill to Perks. That said, I'm keeping full camo and letting repair train up. When/if I get to 6 skills I will prob select a new set of perks (situ aware, deadeye, offroad) and retrain up repairs. 

hXlnBge.jpg

Thanks for any help ^.^

Some were answered on this very page...l2read!

Why play bat when 50 B is there?

Speed, camo, higher spike potential

Heyo o/

Thanks for any help ^.^

I did camo before the rest. 12t and 13 75 are better at passive than active scouting. You only shoot when they can't shoot back right?

For your explicit pleasure below. I just got 5th skills recently. I achieved the 3rd MoE while on 4 skills, and did not reskill afterwards. I like having skills training, and to reskill to Perks. That said, I'm keeping full camo and letting repair train up. When/if I get to 6 skills I will prob select a new set of perks (situ aware, deadeye, offroad) and retrain up repairs. 

hXlnBge.jpg

Some were answered on this very page...l2read!

Speed, camo, higher spike potential

50 B is very fast, granted camo sucks ass but the accuracy, terrain resistance (I think) intra clip, clip, gun handling and armor are all better. Plus 50 B is great at ramming <3

hXlnBge.jpg

I'm curious why you chose Recon over Situational Awareness though when it only offers 2% increase to view range instead of 3%.

I'm curious why you chose Recon over Situational Awareness though when it only offers 2% increase to view range instead of 3%.

User error. And it's been a while since I was home during a discount retraining weekend!

I want to love this tank, but I seem to be terribad at it. Just got the top gun, and I have a poorly trained crew (no sixth sense, shame on me), that I transfered from the Polar Bear event (BIA, + 75% sixth sense, Camo). Should I retrain the crew ?

EDIT : answered my own question and retrained... suddenly a new world, and 4.5K dmg games. worth it.

So I'm tempted to put a girl crew on this tank - it seems like one of the few tanks where having 5+ crew skills is actually really useful.  Right now my crew is at 59% on their 4th skill.  Getting to the fifth skill would actually be faster for the girl crew by ~200k XP.  Problem is that a new girl crew would have worse skills for the first ~550k XP which I'm not really excited about.  I'm trying to decide if it is worth putting them on another tank until they get trained up.  I considered doing the 50B+50t or rebuying a Lorraine (yes I'm actually sober when saying that).  Either way I'm not sure it is worth the effort....but I really have no other use for the girl crew.  It'd be nice if I had a CDC to train on but I really don't want to spend gold on a tank that's just for crew training.

Life is hard.

So after much weeping driving the Lorrie I finally got my Bat. And it's got a girl crew too! Mistakes were made though, and I messed up my crew skills. I was probably drunk and for some reason I thought it was a good idea to get repairs over camo when I assigned the second skill (first was 6th + gunnery). That repair is now up to ~89%, and I'm debating re-speccing camo or just waiting for the third to roll into camo anyways, since I'm almost there. What would you do? I'm not spending gold on this, would only consider the credit re-spec which costs some XP.

So far I'm sitting on 3k dpg with it, making it my highest dpg tank ever, narrowly beating my ehundo. I'm pretty pleased with that result.

Here's my first ace tanker at battle #46. Top gun with 6.7k damage, 3k spotting, and last second capping with no ammo left. Fun fun fun.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1996529#malinovka-the_bolshevik-bat_-ch_tillon_25_t

I trained a girl crew in my 13 90 while I was grinding that thing again to get to the AMX 30.   By the time they were done with the grind they had just barely surpassed my male Bat crew.  Both crews are at about 85% in their 4th skill and now I just switched them so the girl crew is in my Bat and the old male Bat crew is now in my 13 90 as I plan on keeping that permanently since I have 3 marks on it and enjoy it, not to mention I need a good tier 8 light for LT-15 and other future light missions.

Love mine also run strong coffee (I think that the french prem consumable sorry if im wrong) cuts down that reload nicely like on mines your about reloaded when you get to hill instead of 7 or so sec sitting about doing nothing. Lorr 40t super corn stats in mine no clue how I sucked ass at it cuz it's a pice of crap. but so worth the grind.