CN_Minus

XVM is going down bois!!!

1 minute ago, zapyoug said:

Looks only temporarily but XVM being dysfunctional for a patch or two sounds pretty fun 

Yup yup I know it's probably temporary, but I'm looking forward to less XVM yolo rushing.

I get focused often enough to get annoyed. I can't imagine how bad it is for some people, especially well known ones. But beyond the good of that, the game should be so much better because of a few other things as well. No shitty win chance to make people quit. No stat shaming people before the game even begins. Also, probably less losses on those 70%+ win chance games where everyone has a little too much YOLO and you lose. LOL

24 minutes ago, Spartan96 said:

unfortunately i think having certain clantags also causes such an issue as this :(

True. But a stand out color in a sea of red doesn't help.

8 minutes ago, CN_Minus said:

True. But a stand out color in a sea of red doesn't help.

WN9 will fix that for me even after XVM is fixed. No more being the only green/blue on the team. Glorious days of arty-free premium invisibility ahead! 

Hmm, I cant tell how much this comment actually matters. XVM is always unstable on new versions (and unstable in general, but particularly on new versions). WG also always warns people that using XVM can/will cause problems. While they are making it sound like it could cause constant problems this time around, I don't see how this really differs from the norm. Unless there is no workaround (which would be great!), XVM will update a week or two after the patch and things will be back to normal. People tend not to use XVM directly after patches anyway, so there's no real change.

8 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Hmm, I cant tell how much this comment actually matters. XVM is always unstable on new versions (and unstable in general, but particularly on new versions). WG also always warns people that using XVM can/will cause problems. While they are making it sound like it could cause constant problems this time around, I don't see how this really differs from the norm. Unless there is no workaround (which would be great!), XVM will update a week or two after the patch and things will be back to normal. People tend not to use XVM directly after patches anyway, so there's no real change.

Those precious few days after every mod-breaking patch, when tomatoes miss shots, people don't know where you are as long as you are unspotted and you don't get singled out by arties, even when being in the most unthreatening positionin a bottom-tier stock shit tank that should have limited matchmaking, just because you are not red.

Um Quickybaby always posts a modpack update the day patches are released. 

7 minutes ago, CN_Minus said:

Um Quickybaby always posts a modpack update the day patches are released. 

Usually by copying and testing an older version to the current version. Unlikely to work this time because the interface is being ported from Actionscript 2 to Actionscript 3.

They're just saying XVM will make client unstable

its not going to stop people from using it,  it is just a warning of potential crashes

edit: I also think it wouldnt be down for too long, since its one of the biggest mods people use and they'll work on it to get it working again fairly quickly

well lets face it most people who get xvm sniped are in good clans even if they don't play clan wars.  :doge: Very few tend to not be in a clan and who are unicum, and it would only matter for them, and that too only for a while, while they quickly update xvm because reasons. And for the asia server where pretty much at tier x the only players who play are always the same, and have been for years its pretty much obvious who is the better player.

Its funny on the official forums, everyone thinking its gone for good. Haha. I bet its gone for a day at most.

Damage log, hit log, minimap improvements, there's loads of useful features. Winnchance etc is pointless. I like to know what skill my team mates are at also, if your the only blue in an team of red, I know not to count.on them to do anything other than faceroll their keyboard.

Why can't WG just implement the basic features and leave out stats etc. 

maybe I'll be safe now, no clan tags because I'm terrible and no xvm sniping because even if xvm was up nobody cares about crappy teals, come to think of it I gain nothing from xvm going down :/

7 minutes ago, YesThatWasAPCR said:

Been playing vanilla since coming back, so I wouldn't know, but I rather like the idea of 14 people cringing when they game loads and they see me as top tier :serb:

And dirty awful reds like us get YOLOd too, ya know.

Reds of the world, unite!

People take statyolos too lightly. I've been playing quite a number of green to orange accs lately and the difference is remarkably high. Arty will still shoot me if I keep working the same spot over and over again (I noticed this while playing arty too, it's stupid hard to hit people directly when they keep moving and constantly advancing which fucks over gun arcs) since taking an aggressive position means you'll have to dig yourself into it for a while. But no yolos whatsoever over the middle of Prokh or Redshire for example. On the other end no one listens to what I tell teammates to do because they think I'm shit. 

People also were really nice to me when I did well, while no one does anything of the kind on my own acc. The average playerbase seems to genuinely despise purples and that's literally the reason to why XVM and any sort of ID that is personal shouldn't be available during play. There are no real benefits for getting good at the game aside of higher stats, but those are pointless when they serve as bullseye on your back. Why should you bother? Tbh if I could take back all the time spent on this game, I would. 

WG's been actively toxic to their own gameplay and to the top end of the playerbase by not adressing this issue at all despite it being brought up enough times to be noticed. At the same time they want an E-sport with the best players around, players that all take extra shit from the main gamemode just the company keeps focusing on releasing useless cashgrabs and easier gameplay rather than adressing real issues with the game. Fixes that would take less than a week to implement and improve the experience for everyone significantly. Since they keep avoiding doing ANYTHING to improve the top end experience, why are you even hoping for this when it's more likely that WG actually incorporates XVM into the client rather than removing the possibility to use it considering the track record.

You're better off just accepting XVM and extra focus as part of the game already because thinking otherwise is just pure frustration.

There are already XVM nightlies available for the new patch: http://nightly.modxvm.com/

The only things breaking in XVM with the new patch, according to wargaming, are the garage carousel mods, and some of the mods to the mini map. Don't get too excited.

11 hours ago, TaylorSwift said:

#bulbatags>xvm

Word, it was enough to make vetro leave temporarily. I haven't played in a month thank god but it seems like it's much worse in the summer.