Caomhanach

Decisions Decisions ... 10k gold leftover from March Mapness still in my garage.

Decisions Decisions  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Got a little over 10k gold hanging around in my garage. What tank should I buy?

• Type 64 (for SH fastbois and fun)
    • AMX CDC (for French mediums and fun)
    • FCM 50t (for a worse CDC with pref MM and French heavies. and fun)
    • SU-122-44 (cus big alpha and big dpm is fun)
    • Other (because other things are fun)

21 posts in this topic

Hey all. I still have over 10k gold left in my garage from the March Mapness tourney a few months back, and I want to buy a prem tank with it, but I'm not sure what. Thoughts?

Currently looking into a Type 64 because I hear nothing but good things about it. Its fun, great for strongholds, and I'm starting down the Chinese light line.

Also looking at the CDC or waiting for the FCM 50t to go on sale. I'm working on both the medium and heavy lines for the French tree, so both are fine as trainers. The question is, is pref MM on the FCM worth the slightly worse stats and considerably higher purchase price?

Or the SU-122-44 because it seems like fun.

I like fast-ish tanks, and definitely want to have fun with the thing, so other suggestions in that vein are cool too. Thanks!

Type64 is absolute trash outside of SH. The only people who play it in pubs are only doing so for the ridiculous wn8 it creates.

CDC is overhyped garbage. Zero survivability and terrible module damage never works out well (leo1 is so popular isnt it?)

FCM at least has pref MM going for it and is actually capable of sidescraping and not being hit for 1000 by T49's.

SU-122-44 lives and dies by MM. Top tier you are stupid OP, rape everything. Bottom tier you'll wish you were in any other tank.

Ignore my opinions because I think all prem tanks are piles of trash >.<

1 hour ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

Ignore my opinions because I think all prem tanks are piles of trash >.<

But... All prem tank are garbage.

But I would go for the Type 64 just for fastbois. save the rest for other things like prem time, free xp, crew retraining and what not.

If you have to pick between the CDC and FCM, grab the FCM. Better tank that makes better credits.

Neither tank is very good though. Here's the list of all T8 prems worth anything at all:

Type 59
Mutant 6
Super Pershing
Patton KR
KV-5
IS-6
IS-3A
T-54 Prototype
Mutz

If its not on this list, it's probably bad.

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

If you have to pick between the CDC and FCM, grab the FCM. Better tank that makes better credits.

Neither tank is very good though. Here's the list of all T8 prems worth anything at all:

Type 59
Mutant 6
Super Pershing
Patton KR
KV-5
IS-6
IS-3A
T-54 Prototype
Mutz

If its not on this list, it's probably bad.

I'm surprised that you picked Super Pershing over the FCM. With APCR spam, the SP might be better, but for credit making it is trash and I might be biased a lot against it, since I can't get the armor working. The other thing which bothers me is the speed (although somehow I like to play the FV42).

To not to be totally off topic: I would suggest you to buy either the FCM or the CDC. As @SchnitzelTruck said, the Type is trash outside of SH, and the SU-122-44 is either OP or complete trash. If you don't mind playing in T10, I would suggest to buy the CDC, just because it is cheaper and it is preferred in SH's over the FCM as well (at least in S3AL).

FCM, but forget that it is a heavy. You don't want to go brawling IS-3s around corners. You have to play it more like a med. Just be mindful it is bigger than most houses with an ass that puts Kim K to shame.

1 hour ago, Dodge94HUN said:

I'm surprised that you picked Super Pershing over the FCM. With APCR spam, the SP might be better, but for credit making it is trash and I might be biased a lot against it, since I can't get the armor working. The other thing which bothers me is the speed (although somehow I like to play the FV42).

To not to be totally off topic: I would suggest you to buy either the FCM or the CDC. As @SchnitzelTruck said, the Type is trash outside of SH, and the SU-122-44 is either OP or complete trash. If you don't mind playing in T10, I would suggest to buy the CDC, just because it is cheaper and it is preferred in SH's over the FCM as well (at least in S3AL).

I don't think he ranked them.

As others said, Type 64 if you have stronghold crew. Other than that, I started value premium time hundred times over premium tanks.

3 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

I don't think he ranked them.

As others said, Type 64 if you have stronghold crew. Other than that, I started value premium time hundred times over premium tanks.

Yes, I agree. Premium time worth much more than premium tanks, because it spares you quite a lot of time, but you will need a premium tank if you want to play a lot in higher tiers IMHO. As for me, I mostly play premium tanks if I play anything lower than T9 tho, just because there is just no point of playing a regular tank (except if the tank is that much fun).

11 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

122-44 is pretty meh now, to reliant on being top tier imo.

Type 64 for fastbois. CDC for strongholds, FCM 50T for pubs.

Type 64 is actually a pretty decent tier 6 light tank. IF you like playing tier 6 light tanks in pubs then it is a good buy.

The CDC is a steaming pile of garbage. The gun handling brings tears, it redefines what you think it means to have no armor, and it really isn't all that fast. At least most other premiums are really good when top tier. The CDC is still bad.

FCM 50t is alright. I wouldn't recommend spending 10-12k on it though.

I've never loved the SU-122-44 because I don't like casemate TDs. But as others have mentioned, it's amazing when top tier and terrible when bottom tier.

Honestly, there's nothing available in-game for gold that is both good and somewhat fast. I mostly agree with Rexxie's list of worthwhile premiums. Too bad most of them can't be bought with gold. There's a reason I have 39k gold doing nothing on my account...

FCM 50t (for a CDC thats better in absolutely every way except top speed and accelaration with pref MM and French heavies. and fun)

FTFW.

seriously, CDC is trash compared to the FCM. they do basically the same thing, except the FCM has pref MM, and as Schnitzel said, doesn't get autopenned by HE and lose all its modules every game. 

FCM is a great clean up tank for stealing extra damage for cash at end of game.  Pew - ram - pew = 1K damage in 7 seconds.  It will occasionally bounce a shot, pref MM, 212 pen AP = $$$.  Just don't expect to win in it. 

Let´s see...

IS-5 = best tier 8 premium moneymaker period, good luck getting one though.

IS-3A if you want to make money without thinking too much.

FCM is a very good moneymaker for pubs if you tryhard enough.

CDC and Type64 are only usefull in SH.

SU-122-44 is only usefull when toptier.

Superperhing is good if you don´t care about making money.

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

IF you can get its gun to hit, right? 

Just like the CDC then, right? Never hits a single shot where as the FCM actually hits shit.
CDC is probably the biggest waste of money ever, I couldn't imagine how much better the FCM was before I got to play it on a friends account.

Whoops, haven't really checked this thread since I opened it. Thanks for the feedback. So, of my original choices, it looks like only the FCM remains as a potential purchase. Of the other suggestions, only the SP, IS-6, and T-54 Proto are purchasable with gold, and I'm definitely not purchasing the SP. I do care about money, and the thing is slow AF.

For those suggesting that I buy premium time, I don't play regularly enough to actually make it worth it to buy premium time. Also, I'm treating it like Christmas money. You don't use Christmas money to pay bills (unless you have too), you use it to buy yourself something nice.

As for the IS-6, I already have a WZ-111, which has a lot of similarities. Except for that stupid lower plate. I mean, I don't think its as good as the IS-6, but I don't really want another derpy 175 pen 122 mm gun.

So that leaves the T-54 Proto and the FCM. I'm not really going up the Soviet medium line at the moment, and do intend to go up the French heavy line first, but I'll get to both eventually. The Proto is way cheaper though, and I get the feeling the FCM isn't going on sale anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Stige said:

Shame you are on NA, FCM was on sale just last week on EU :O

I know! T_T

The FCM actually was on sale on NA after the tourney was over, but only in the shop, not the garage. WG be playing with me.