M4A3E8sherman

Never's thread but for skinny people

2 hours ago, Necrophore said:

Three months of that, you will be in shape.

3 months of any physical labor will get you in shape. However, gaining a muscle mass is a bit tougher, depending on your goal.

Calisthenics? (Body weight training) 

Use your 120lbs, sets of push ups/pull ups/squats/sit ups will increase core strength (which I personally need to have high because of back pain issues)

Best bit is its all free and requires mostly only a flat surface

message CrabEatOff, he's been lifting forever...

if you want to put on muscle mass, its not about the reps its the weight...you want to lift something where you cannot get more that 8-10 reps (that's a little high, but really heavy weight can lead to injury) before you cant do another and need to rest, reduce your cardio if you are a twig (sounds like u are) and eat at least a gram of clean protein per pound of body weight...gaining mass as an ectomorph is tough, if you want to do it, it has to be your focus...a lot of cardio is counter productive to what you are trying to do.

Sleep, a lot. MINIMUM 8 hours every day. I can't overstate the importance of this, the heavy weight is the impetus to grow, the growing happens while your body recovers during sleep.

Leg day definitely important, when you really work the legs hard, they are the biggest muscles in the body, everyone gets involved. Squats always get talking about, people rarely give hamstrings and calves the focus they need, so you can end up just as unbalanced.

Don't work the same muscle group on consecutive days. For absolute beginners, training 3x a week, full body is usually a good start. Train your larger muscle groups first working down to smallest. You don't want your triceps toasted before you do bench press etc

Just get a gym membership bro

I used to be a shrimplet 5'11" 150 pound faggo, now I'm actually I think just slightly taller and 180 pounds.

On 30/07/2016 at 1:29 PM, MacusFlash said:

OP, pls use civilized units so I may understand you :oscar:

On 30/07/2016 at 3:35 PM, M4A3E8sherman said:

Edit: I'm also about 1778000 micrometers tall.

What's awesome about metric unit is that even tough micrometer is almost never used for the size of a person (and even as everyday life), with the glimpse of an eye if i relate to the fact that you are talking about your size i can tell that 1778000micrometers should be = 1.77meter.

Take that imperial unit ! 

On 31/07/2016 at 0:55 AM, no_name_cro said:

3 months of any physical labor will get you in shape. However, gaining a muscle mass is a bit tougher, depending on your goal.

My colleague is rebuilding a house after work and on WE and after one year i have to say he has really taken a lot of muscle (notably the upper body) just by doing that. :awyeah: