Sign in to follow this  
Heresy

275 replays M48 Patton + 907 9.15-15.1 4.3k/4.2k DPG

Definitely will look into the games, hit ratio surprisingly low for a tank as accurate as the M48, wonder what you are doing differently in terms of positioning.

But looking at spot/assist/game you play similar to me.

Also, is there a reason for JoAT on M48 instead of recon and camo over SA for loader? Personally i felt that the extra 25 meters of view range made a huge different on certain maps (Mountain pass south spawn you can spot north crossing from south to get 2-3 free shots if you have 470+ vr, same with Swamp north spawn, plus extra assist dmg never hurts)

16 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Definitely will look into the games, hit ratio surprisingly low for a tank as accurate as the M48, wonder what you are doing differently in terms of positioning.

But looking at spot/assist/game you play similar to me.

Also, is there a reason for JoAT on M48 instead of recon and camo over SA for loader? Personally i felt that the extra 25 meters of view range made a huge different on certain maps (Mountain pass south spawn you can spot north crossing from south to get 2-3 free shots if you have 470+ vr, same with Swamp north spawn, plus extra assist dmg never hurts)

Agreed, SA should be better than camo. I will take that into account when I play the Patton again (I really want to raise the DPG to 4.4k and WR to 70% again). I took joat because my driver and gunner and commander and loader (that order) keep dying after med kit.

The way I see it, JOAT is essentially a free bonus if one of your crew members gets knocked out when your medkit is spent. Personally I think the extra cushion against getting screwed over by RNG is probably worth more than 2% more view range, 10m is a really short distance in game, probably less than the distance that tanks spawn apart from each other.

3 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

The way I see it, JOAT is essentially a free bonus if one of your crew members gets knocked out when your medkit is spent. Personally I think the extra cushion against getting screwed over by RNG is probably worth more than 2% more view range, 10m is a really short distance in game, probably less than the distance that tanks spawn apart from each other.

2% might not sound much, but you need exactly 470 to spot certain parts of the map, if you don't have it, the spots don't work.

Most tier 10 heavies have around 5-8% camo while moving more or less, having 450 view range means you will spot them at 414-428 meters, the spots i mentioned above requires at least 435 to be viable, and either you squeeze our vent for optics (which is shit since you lose out on 0.01 accuracy AKA 6% Surface area on your reticle) or you try to stack up up with your crew skills.

1 hour ago, AR_15 said:

[CHAI]

friend pls.

You're getting less than a Maus's length of view range though, you can literally just tap the w key and you would have covered that amount of space.

Most heavies at tier 10 have 1-4% camo (average is like...2.5) and AFAIK they're aren't any that reach 5% base, in order to achieve 5-8% they would need to have both 100% camo skill and camo paint and the majority of pubbies don't even have one.

6 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

you can literally just tap the w key and you would have covered that amount of space.

That logic is.. Undeniable.. "If you want better view range.. Just get closer bro.." :awyeah:

3 hours ago, DHP said:

That logic is.. Undeniable.. "If you want better view range.. Just get closer bro.." :awyeah:

My point is that it's a really short distance, seriously, this is 10m:

23vxit3.png

Most likely you'll overshoot it anyway because you held on to the w key too long.

And if you can cover 10m by doing that, then yes, it's not an impossible task to inch forward. We're talking about touching the keyboard here, not a marathon trek. 

Um...10m is also the distance between being hull-down behind a ridge and being on top of it and dying, or being behind a bush and camoed and being in front of it, getting spotted, and dying. So...if you like being alive it can really be a big deal sometimes.

Jk ignore me I'm bad

27 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

Um...10m is also the distance between being hull-down behind a ridge and being on top of it and dying, or being behind a bush and camoed and being in front of it, getting spotted, and dying. So...if you like being alive it can really be a big deal sometimes.

If you're trying to spot tanks moving perpendicular to your location, the chances that any tank will actually be in that 453 to 462m envelope are very small. On top of that some bushes are large enough that you would still remain in them after moving 10m forward.

If you are in a position where moving 10m forward would get you killed, you're likely either spotted or out of position to begin with, unless you're right at the edge of a cliff. (Seriously, look at the picture.)

If tanks are moving toward you, there may not be any difference at all due to spotting check delay.