Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cunicularius said:

Is even worth the trouble if dual boot with windows?

Just dual-boot. Wine is too much of a pain in the arse, especially if you have multiple physical screens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm running latest version(1.9.15 for now) of wine-staging with CSMT enabled in an Archlinux system.

WoT works great except for occasional f*ck up when loading textures. But it doesn't happen that often to annoy me and could easily be "fixed" by turning it off and on again.

PlayOnLinux could be an easy solution. But manually installing all the dependencies wasn't difficult IIRC. The PlayOnLinux script and Wine App DB both serve as good guides.

Configuring fonts for CJK languages in Wine could be a PITA if that might ring you a bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, WhymeLyu said:

I'm running latest version(1.9.15 for now) of wine-staging with CSMT enabled in an Archlinux system.

Hmm, I'm running arch too. What's the performance like (relative to your hardware)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spencer said:

Hmm, I'm running arch too. What's the performance like (relative to your hardware)? 

I'm not a hardware person. A short and precise answer could be "I have no idea at all". But I'll try to conjure up a longer version anyway:

The rough spec of my machine is:

  • CPU: i5-4690k. Not overclocked for now, might figure out how to do that later
  • RAM: 16G
  • GPU: GTX 960 with 2G memory

When I'm streaming with FFmpeg (with x264 as the video encoder, which runs on CPU instead of GPU) in 1280x800 resolution, it can reasonably keep running WoT at 45-60 fps, rarely dropping under 40 fps. This whole setting is kinda acceptable for me. But again, I'm not a hardware person and I have no idea whether to describe this kind of performance as "okay" or "I should really work on optimizing beyond 'it works just fine'".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, WhymeLyu said:

I'm not a hardware person. A short and precise answer could be "I have no idea at all". But I'll try to conjure up a longer version anyway:

The rough spec of my machine is:

  • CPU: i5-4690k. Not overclocked for now, might figure out how to do that later
  • RAM: 16G
  • GPU: GTX 960 with 2G memory

When I'm streaming with FFmpeg (with x264 as the video encoder, which runs on CPU instead of GPU) in 1280x800 resolution, it can reasonably keep running WoT at 45-60 fps, rarely dropping under 40 fps. This whole setting is kinda acceptable for me. But again, I'm not a hardware person and I have no idea whether to describe this kind of performance as "okay" or "I should really work on optimizing beyond 'it works just fine'".

Thanks. I was just looking for a ballpark figure. If you're getting that while streaming, then it's more than fine (I'm running slightly worse hardware). Assuming of course your graphics settings and whatnot aren't gutter level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...