Never

How the Featured Streamer box works

Hello!

A lot of people noticed that there has been high rotation of new streamers popping up in the WoTLabs sidebar. That's because I implemented a new system that randomly picks a streamer that is currently playing WoT to feature. The streamer will be feature for as long as he's online and playing WoT. When he goes offline or changes games, a new streamer will be picked. This system is enabled 24/7, so as long as there are streamers online and playing WoT, someone will be featured.

Regarding autoplay

The old version of the featured streamer box had the stream automatically play when the page loaded. This led to a huge increase in viewer count as everyone currently browsing WoTLabs (over 100 people at any given time) would count as viewers. However this led to various problems regarding connections limited by data caps (sorry again @Rexxie :(). The stream no longer autoplays, so the viewer count will only increase when people actually select to watch the streamer.

Priority

One thing I'd like to fully explain, as many people asked me about this. Junkers has been featured on the featured streamer box since the first implementation of the feature. Junkers is one of the original 3 streamers that joined the program way back in 2014, and over the years he became the face of the Sponsored Streamer program, being strongly commited to its original goal: Helping players improve. In the end that's what the program is about, and for over 2 years Junkers has been on board with this goal, taking initiative, communicating with us and creating new stuff for WoTLabs users. For this, Junkers still has priority on the box. This means that if he's online and playing World of Tanks, he will be featured.

That's pretty much it! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers!

Uhh, one question:

I was live, and the featured streamer. But then anfield came online and it switched the featured streamer to him while I was still live. 

How does that work?

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

Uhh, one question:

I was live, and the featured streamer. But then anfield came online and it switched the featured streamer to him while I was still live. 

How does that work?

I'm pretty sure it's based off of viewers.

10 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Uhh, one question:

How does that work?

That shouldn't have happened. I'll take a look.

3 hours ago, HELIONIST said:

Junkers always happen to be afk and rebroadcasting while being "live" so l dont know how that happens.

I can't speak for Junkers, but I believe he's working on his YouTube channel so his twitch won't be rebroacasting. I prefer featuring to be with fresh content, so there is going to be a few requirements. I just have to figure out how that's gonna work in the technical side of things, since I don't think Twitch has an official "rebroadcast" mode.

Hey Never, is there a way to know this is happening other than jumping onto the wotlabs page? like a notification? I have noticed random jumps in concurrents lately and I am guessing its this Wotlabs feature thingy but I am not sure.