Sign in to follow this  
Strangedrk

T69 Questions

451bO.jpg

I have some questions about the t69 medium tank.

Question one: what equipment should I put on it.

Question two: Can I shoot normal ap rounds with out doing to bad, because I cant really be firing silver-gold rounds.

Thanks all who help me with my questions.  

On autoloaders you always want to maximize your gun effectiveness.

Vertstab, gld, vents.

You can sub optics for vents if you really want, bit better fire control is the way to go IMO

Thanks for the info on equipment.

Oops. Missed 2 part part of question.

If you only load one type, load gold. A mix works OK but you need to be extra careful about when you sswitch so you don't have a clip of 2 or 3 shells. I tried to run a mix at one point to save money... But it didn't work out so well. So I just spam gold now.

/regurgitating the advice of much better players

Vstab and GLD are default choices on autoloaders, since you can't put a rammer on most auto's, barring the 59-16. 
Kewei and Garbad both recommend optics over vents for the third slot. The 40 extra meters of view range extends your zone of invisa-sniping and XP earning. In combination with a full camo crew, you can fire on a 400m viewrange tank with impunity from ~390 meters away without being spotted. By spotting enemies yourself, you don't share XP and credits with your spotter. The T69 is also fast enough to act as a secondary scout should your team need it. While not as stealthy as a RU med, the camo for the T69 is still good enough to give you that extra bit of maneuver space when you are vision juking. Vstab/GLD/Vents over VStab/GLD/Optics only shaves the accuracy and aim time from .364 and 2.002 seconds to 0.356 and 1.958, according to Tanknumbers.

HEAT makes damage dealing easy and consistent regardless of location, flanking, and tier. But the AP pen is still quite adequate for many T8's and the flanks of T9's. You have the mobility and camo to sneak around to the sides, which helps negate the low-ish AP pen. I think HEAT uncaps the performance envelope, but you might find that your performance is more limited by players skill rather than AP versus HEAT. Garbad did a Gold vs nongold challenge in the T69 where the gold versus silver DPG was 2900 versus 2200, which I think puts his AP -only performance pretty close to his normal T8 medium DPG. He does note that with only AP, his T10 performance was terrible compared to his T8 games.I agree with Teff's point about mixing shell types. 40 rounds can go very quickly, especially if you wiff shots. Having less than 8 shells of either type is tricky, since any lower and you will risk wasting ammo when you reclip a partially filled mag. I would suggest using your own performance in T10 games as a guide to how much HEAT you should carry; figure out how many shells you can typically fire in a T10 game before you die, then add 4-8 more and use that much HEAT as your normal setup. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/245670-the-t69-challenge-aka-the-gold-round-challenge/page__st__100__pid__4947835#entry4947835
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/248901-garbad-reviews-the-t8-mediums/page__st__280__gopid__4947991#entry4947991
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/#top

Oops. Missed 2 part part of question.

If you only load one type, load gold. A mix works OK but you need to be extra careful about when you sswitch so you don't have a clip of 2 or 3 shells. I tried to run a mix at one point to save money... But it didn't work out so well. So I just spam gold now.

/regurgitating the advice of much better players

Vstab and GLD are default choices on autoloaders, since you can't put a rammer on most auto's, barring the 59-16. 

Kewei and Garbad both recommend optics over vents for the third slot. The 40 extra meters of view range extends your zone of invisa-sniping and XP earning. In combination with a full camo crew, you can fire on a 400m viewrange tank with impunity from ~390 meters away without being spotted. By spotting enemies yourself, you don't share XP and credits with your spotter. The T69 is also fast enough to act as a secondary scout should your team need it. While not as stealthy as a RU med, the camo for the T69 is still good enough to give you that extra bit of maneuver space when you are vision juking. Vstab/GLD/Vents over VStab/GLD/Optics only shaves the accuracy and aim time from .364 and 2.002 seconds to 0.356 and 1.958, according to Tanknumbers.

HEAT makes damage dealing easy and consistent regardless of location, flanking, and tier. But the AP pen is still quite adequate for many T8's and the flanks of T9's. You have the mobility and camo to sneak around to the sides, which helps negate the low-ish AP pen. I think HEAT uncaps the performance envelope, but you might find that your performance is more limited by players skill rather than AP versus HEAT. Garbad did a Gold vs nongold challenge in the T69 where the gold versus silver DPG was 2900 versus 2200, which I think puts his AP -only performance pretty close to his normal T8 medium DPG. He does note that with only AP, his T10 performance was terrible compared to his T8 games.I agree with Teff's point about mixing shell types. 40 rounds can go very quickly, especially if you wiff shots. Having less than 8 shells of either type is tricky, since any lower and you will risk wasting ammo when you reclip a partially filled mag. I would suggest using your own performance in T10 games as a guide to how much HEAT you should carry; figure out how many shells you can typically fire in a T10 game before you die, then add 4-8 more and use that much HEAT as your normal setup. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/245670-the-t69-challenge-aka-the-gold-round-challenge/page__st__100__pid__4947835#entry4947835

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/248901-garbad-reviews-the-t8-mediums/page__st__280__gopid__4947991#entry4947991

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/#top

Thank you both for the information

VStab, GLD,

If mostly just solopubbing -> Optics

If platooning/tournies/companies -> Vents

The AP ammo is bad, but if your bank account is hurting, you can get away with running 2-3 clips of AP and the rest gold. Use a clip or two of AP at the beginning to take out squishy fast suiscout types. Load gold as soon as you start running into armor. Switch back to AP for a clip if you're going after arty, just mopping up, or are guaranteed to be able to get side shots that you can pen.

You WILL run out of ammo on this tank from time to time. Too much AP can become a game-losing mistake. 

Wait I don't understand.

If all I ever do in a T69 is fire 1 HEAT shell all game, nothing else, do I pay for 4 shells while resupplying my ammo?

I'm 80% through my 54E1 grind and I've never even considered this...........

No, shells are still tracked individually. Watch your ammo counter halfway through a clip or when you do an early reload. They all stay there if you didn't fire them.

Although if you only fire once all game you have other problems. :)

No, shells are still tracked individually. Watch your ammo counter halfway through a clip or when you do an early reload. They all stay there if you didn't fire them.

Although if you only fire once all game you have other problems. :)

Reloads though cost a full clip to replace no matter how many rounds you have left. So if you end up with a non-divisible by 4 number of shells left after the battle, you pay for a full clip. Unless that's changed in the last few patches, which I'm not aware of.

Also, I prefer vents over optics on auto-loaders to reduce clip reload time.

Reloads though cost a full clip to replace no matter how many rounds you have left. So if you end up with a non-divisible by 4 number of shells left after the battle, you pay for a full clip. Unless that's changed in the last few patches, which I'm not aware of.

Also, I prefer vents over optics on auto-loaders to reduce clip reload time.

I have vents on mine as well.

I think I follow about the reloads now. I'll pay more attention next time I run an autoloader. I would suspect any extra shells from the reload would drop into your depot if it forces you to buy a full clip.