Sign in to follow this  
robosapieo

When did you get your first tier 10 tenk?

Right now I can't decide whether to just grind credits to get the IS-7(which will be my first T10) or to grind through the pershing to get the M46 Patty.My highest tier tank ATM is the T-10(IS-8) and my stats in it are quite good; 1.9k average DPG and 2 MOEs after 389 battles  but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get those stats in the IS-7 aswell.So here's my question for y'all: After how many battles did you get your first tier 10 tank? and did you regret getting it too early/late for your skill level?(I hope that makes sense)

PS: I'm not sure if this is the right place in the forum for this type of question so pls move if it isn't  <3

I got my first one probably at 12k games....I played 4k games without a clue the official forums even existed, and once I did, i dropped back down to tier 3 and worked my way back up not picking scout tanks etc.

I ran up a lot of different lines at the same time, which certainly delayed my getting to a tier 10, but as you can see I am barely an average player, so that timing was probably good for me, I am a slow learner

I was around your skill level & battle count it seems when I bought my 183. I personally hated it (because I was playing on 1-10fps. 1 fps when in a bush) so aiming it was a fucking nightmare in the camo meta but I feel like I learned a lot by playing it.

and yes my 183 was my first tier 10 :fish:

I don't regret getting a tier 10 when I did, which was after just a few thousand battles (however long it took me to fail my way up to tier 10 playing only one line of tanks), I regret my decision of tank. Not really understanding the game, I figured that since my IS-3 could bounce a lot of shots, the IS-7 would be nearly indestructible. I was obviously wrong and the IS7 is my one of my worst tier 10 tanks stats wise. I was trying to grind up to get the free t-shirt for all players with a tier 10 tank. I missed that deadline by just a few days :(

The odd thing is, the lower tiers don't really prepare you as well for tier 10 play as you might think. I know a few people that get a tier 10 tank and then almost never play it, and it's fairly obvious when platooning at tier 10. For me, I can't stand playing most other tiers except 10.

I got my first tier 10 during an On Track (NA version of Top of the Tree) sale when I had something like 9k battles under my belt. It was the T110E4. 

Most of the time when I move up a tier, my stats temporarily suffer while I try to adjust to the slightly different environment. Because I've played very few battles in my tier 10 vehicles, I still underperform in them. I'm fine with that, and expect to get better when I get more experience. 

Personally, while there's no need to rush to any vehicle or tier, I'd recommend you do get that IS-7. Some players find they prefer tier 10, while others discover by playing tier 10 that they prefer another tier (often tier 9). You might as well start figuring out how much you enjoy top tier play. You might love it. 

Thank you all for your replies.I think I WILL go for the IS-7 as I've been able to do quite well in it on the test server.Only problem now is trying to grind the credits for it lol I only have 20k right now :(

Got my E5 after 13k battles last month, after grinding the M103. And I got better thats on the T10, since you can influence the games more easily. It felt pretty much impossible to grind after T8 without a prem account, but was way easier after I afforded one in the last couple months.

After checking some old screenshots, at about 5K battles and it was BC. Did quite ok with it and T10 didn't feel such a big difference, it probably helped that BC is so much better than T8 and T9 before it. After that grinded AMX 50B line and when I got that, was so tired with French autoloaders that didn't play them pretty much at all for a long time :) 

Funnily enough FV215b was my first tier 10. I got it October 2013, when i had about ~10k battles and 600 - 700 (!!) WN8. I honestly was utter retard in many regards, as i

1) grinded a line which is horribly unfriendly for beginners

2) focused only one line until i got Conqueror in which i started to care about others aswell

I sucked so much that 215b that i got frustated with it...and sold it for 113. Yes. 113 with E5 DPM, worse mobility, no HD, worse dispersion on move, and -4 depression instead of -5

Jesus christ what a utter retarded idiot i have been.

I bought my IS7 at about 3-4k battles.
Kinda rushed that tank after unlocking a big amount of tier 6s.

It's still the tank with the worse stats on my T10 list, the line also being a horror to look at in the stats tab.
I don't really regret it, I had to start somewhere, yet knowing that I once was the 800 WN8 shitter in a T10 is kinda terrible...

I didn't play it much in the beginning, still T10 teaches a lot, expecially at your skill level, I think T10 play started to teach me more and more at about you skill level, before that it's just confusing

The GW type E was my first tier 10 ( Tier 8 at the time) The is7 was My first real tier 10 which I got around 8k battles. I wasn't good at that time, thats why I mostly played arty.

I got my first T10, the glorious T110E5, after ~2500 games, and I didn't use any free exp or even have a premium account back then.

I don't really understand the grinding of multiple lines concept, if you focus your efforts you can get to T10 so much faster, and really learn all the quirks of the branch.

Interesting question because I just got my first tier 10: the Object 140, i have 5 games in it. I moved very slowly through the tiers, playing a lot of different tanks. It's all good. Variety is the spice of life. I am also more than 2/3 of the way through the M103 on the way to the E5.

15 minutes ago, robosapieo said:

Another question: Did you guys sell your T9 to get your first T10 or did you just grind the shit out of a premium?

That's interesting too. I kept the T54 when I bought the Object 140. I like to have  keepers at each tier, I had an extra Russian crew, I want to grind out the T62 eventually, and I had a windfall of several million credits from that glitch that let us sell rental tanks.

I originally intended to sell the M103 after I grind through it. I already have the T10 as a tier 9 keeper, I don't really have a surplus of good American crewmen, and I don't have a lot of credits anymore. But it turns out that I am enjoying the M103 so much that I may try to find a way to keep it. I'll probably play premiums to grind out credits. And I have already started training an extra American crew in the M6 and T14.