SirKnumskull

Rheinmetall Skorpion G

I'm pretty bad myself, but I can try to offer a couple things that helped me. The biggest thing I found out was using the gun depression. You have more on the sides than the front and back, but you can actually point your gun further back before you lose gun dep.

It's sort of hard to explain, but basically I tend to back up to a shot when I need to use gun dep, because it's easier to use when the tank is facing backwards. Bonus you bloom less because reverse is slower. Optics + Binocs also helps a ton. You can spot most things with the optics around the same time they spot you, and binocs lets you camo rip when you need to set up for sniping.

My crew is still working on their second skill because the retarded setup means I can use my E 25 girls, but so far I think it's been pretty decent.

You must have rubbed your luck off on me, because I just managed to run a 28% win rate day in this tank. Literally the worst day I've had in recent memory.

Edited by Rin_

Having owned one, and played against quite a few I can concur with the people saying the armor is a lie.

I have been hit by arty when driving one, and have direct hit quite a few while "driving" my ahem..... tier 9 SPG's /ducks.

Never seen a Skorpion be one shot yet, seems to always be around 500ish max damage. It's almost as if they added some hidden stat after they foresaw people getting really salty at spending 50+ bucks on a Prem TD, only to get blatted for full health by tier 8-10 clickers over and over.

Or maybe I've just been exposed to tin foil hatter wot players for too long and it's starting to affect me.

3 hours ago, Cronk said:

Having owned one, and played against quite a few I can concur with the people saying the armor is a lie.

I have been hit by arty when driving one, and have direct hit quite a few while "driving" my ahem..... tier 9 SPG's /ducks.

Never seen a Skorpion be one shot yet, seems to always be around 500ish max damage. It's almost as if they added some hidden stat after they foresaw people getting really salty at spending 50+ bucks on a Prem TD, only to get blatted for full health by tier 8-10 clickers over and over.

Or maybe I've just been exposed to tin foil hatter wot players for too long and it's starting to affect me.

Skorp has the German famous (or infamous once the mud froze) overlapping and interleaved Schachtellaufwerk-pattern road wheels, acting as spaced armor.

Weak ass modules on this thing, pretty much as expected for paper TDs. Kind of annoying having to limp around at T95 speed after your engine gets knocked out for the second time, might be a candidate for double repair kits.

On 2017-01-13 at 2:14 PM, CraBeatOff said:

Straik has dozens of hours on his youtube channel. Thats where i learned to play it. But it carries through damage alone!

Are you still using Rammer/Optics/Binos? 

Ive looked thru Straiks channel as it was posted in the thread and the only setup I can see that he is using - in later videos (1-2month) is Rammer/Optics/GLD with a 3 skill crew. Im playing it like a donkey, but im used to medium and heavytank gameplay.

12.8cm gun i hillarious thou, doesnt need to win to drop a smile when the gun hits for 500+.

I'm experimenting with classic TD setup of rammer, binoculars and net. RU players just never shoot back before Straik can get to cover. NA players actually have reactions.

On 28.03.2017 at 4:42 PM, CraBeatOff said:

I'm experimenting with classic TD setup of rammer, binoculars and net. RU players just never shoot back before Straik can get to cover. NA players actually have reactions.

Alcohol is way too expensive in US

2 minutes ago, tesarpaul said:

Guys didnt you notice that the gun is not so super accurate like before? I can smell secret nerf :kappa:

Proof, recant or RO. Kappa or not it's a shit post.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:36 PM, tesarpaul said:

Guys didnt you notice that the gun is not so super accurate like before? I can smell secret nerf :kappa:

Fully pre-aimed, at 200 m misses the whole WZ-111, this thing is the nightmare. Anyone can snap you (and auto aim you) but you have to aim 3 years and miss afterwards. 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Fully pre-aimed, at 200 m misses the whole WZ-111, this thing is the nightmare. Anyone can snap you (and auto aim you) but you have to aim 3 years and miss afterwards. 

Still better than the grille

12 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I hardly doubt. Played WT-E100, G15, G15 after hard NERF, and this. This is good on paper only. It's slower than Grille 15, base accuracy is worse and shell speed is terrible compared to even nerfed Grille. 

Worst of everything is every bot can snap you from any distance and kill few modules in the process. Camo snipe is none existent. 

28 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I hardly doubt. Played WT-E100, G15, G15 after hard NERF, and this. This is good on paper only. It's slower than Grille 15, base accuracy is worse and shell speed is terrible compared to even nerfed Grille. 

Worst of everything is every bot can snap you from any distance and kill few modules in the process. Camo snipe is none existent. 

Grille only works better if shoot slow stationary targets. 0.38 turret dispersion vs 0.15 is huge. This plus limited traverse makes Skorp much better. Yeah shell speed is bad but on the other hand Grille sits in a trier where snapshots actually hit their targets so you get hit more. 

41 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I'll asume you have this piece of shit, but if you don't you should try. You can only safely snipe from 455m because every fool can outspot you, and from that distance, you can't hit 3/4 shots on CDC turret with food and BIA.

But this is on because i believe paid streamers to hype me too much. 

Having played the Grille only on CT, I can still say I highly doubt the Skorp is better. The Skorp, as mentioned, has the twin problem of getting out spotted by pretty much everything, and missing at least half its fully aimed shots. I hate playing it. 

The only way to play it well, I think, is to forget it's a TD and pretend it's a paper support heavy, like a FCM. This is an incredibly difficult role for most people. 

Just now, BlackAdder said:

I'll asume you have this piece of shit, but if you don't you should try. You can only safely snipe from 455m because every fool can outspot you, and from that distance, you can't hit 3/4 shots on CDC turret with food and BIA.

But this is on because i believe paid streamers to hype me too much. 

Yup have it and like it. I think you are just very VERY angry on the tank and I get it. I have a very bad relationship with my fv215b ( a much better tank) and it has made me express some rather stupid opinions only because I suck at rear mounted turret tanks (vkb being the exception). Though have in mind the tank may work worse for purpl players. For someone like me 54-55 (and recently long derp sessions of below since I have a shit laptop) pulling 58-59 in a TD is decent. It's not a Ferdie but it's good. Grille on the other hand I hate. Can't hit anything that is fast unless I play like a medium and predict where they apear since leading is imposible with 0.38 turret dispersion. Also 490alpha on t8 seems to scare people more than 750 on t10

3 minutes ago, Griphos said:

Having played the Grille only on CT, I can still say I highly doubt the Skorp is better. The Skorp, as mentioned, has the twin problem of getting out spotted by pretty much everything, and missing at least half its fully aimed shots. I hate playing it. 

The only way to play it well, I think, is to forget it's a TD and pretend it's a paper support heavy, like a FCM. This is an incredibly difficult role for most people. 

That's exactly how I play my skorp. Though finall accuracy on the skorp isn't horrible. It's just confirmation bias. 

Also if you sort t8-10 TD's by WR - Skorp comes 5th with 50.50%, Grille 23rd with 48.8%

13 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I just counted shells. 

4 shells on CDC turret @ 400 m, 3 shots fully aimed missed a target. That's not definition of accurate tank. This tank is like RU heavy minus armor. Works best under 200m but you have low HP and shit instead of armor.

Grille 15 can easily give first shot while this still aims. 

10 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

I just counted shells. 

4 shells on CDC turret @ 400 m, 3 shots fully aimed missed a target. That's not definition of accurate tank. This tank is like RU heavy minus armor. Works best under 200m but you have low HP and shit instead of armor.

Grille 15 can easily give first shot while this still aims. 

Bad battle man. Those happen. To me in fv215 I mentioned. The gun just derps me for no reason. Insert obligatory "too small sample size". Compare their guns on tanks.gg. If you move the turret skorp is WAAAY more accurate. If you don't skorp is still not far off. 

18 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Bad battle man. Those happen. To me in fv215 I mentioned. The gun just derps me for no reason. Insert obligatory "too small sample size". Compare their guns on tanks.gg. If you move the turret skorp is WAAAY more accurate. If you don't skorp is still not far off. 

Regardless of sample size, this is a very niche tank. And for me (IMHO) is steaming pile of crap. 

16 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Regardless of sample size, this is a very niche tank. And for me (IMHO) is steaming pile of crap. 

So is the Grille. The thing is bad gun handling on the grille hurts it more because it sits on a trier where gun handling on average is better. 

Though I agree it's a niche tank. It's good at dmg farming, meh at wining. 

Why is it a niche tank? You have very decent mobility, turret and gun with very good alpha, penetration and accuracy. I can't think any map / line-up where there would not be something useful to do, and that is a lot more than most TD's have. Not the best for winning, but still better than most TD's I would say. 

6 minutes ago, HS5 said:

Why is it a niche tank? You have very decent mobility, turret and gun with very good alpha, penetration and accuracy. I can't think any map / line-up where there would not be something useful to do, and that is a lot more than most TD's have. Not the best for winning, but still better than most TD's I would say. 

Because you have to be in close combat and enemies have to be without ammo. 

1. Can't camo snipe (like UDES, RHM)

2. Can't reliably hit opponents on great distances

3. Shell is slow for long distances

Mobility is good but everything else is poor. Problem is paper thin armor combined with mediocre gun.  Possibility to carry team exists only in dream. 

9 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Because you have to be in close combat and enemies have to be without ammo. 

1. Can't camo snipe (like UDES, RHM)

2. Can't reliably hit opponents on great distances

3. Shell is slow for long distances

Mobility is good but everything else is poor. Problem is paper thin armor combined with mediocre gun.  Possibility to carry team exists only in dream. 

1. Just use bushes properly.

2. Base acc is 0.3. There is no super duper hidden stat that makes the gun miss, you were just unlucky

3. Shell is slowish but it's not horrible. It's t8 not t10. 

You have mobility + Turret + Alpha + not shit pen. The gun isn't great but come on. Conway a trier higher has worse move and track traverse for less alpha and lower base acc. You just expect it to be a medium tank with 490 alpha. That would be broken. Hell the CDC has a gun that's not really much better for less alpha, pen and dpm.