I figured it's finally time to give this game a thread, given that talk of it has derailed the Scam Citizen thread.

Here is are some trailers:

and here is the launch trailer for those with less time:

and here is a PS4 performance analysis from Digital Foundry: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-no-mans-sky-performance-analysis, the TL;DR is:

• Game is small, under 4gb installed. Procedural powa!
  • PS4 CPU can handle 30fps. Barely
  • PC version expected to do 1080p60 with ease

And finally, if you're not sure what kind of game it is, imagine Elite Dangerous but a lot less "hardcore" and a lot more colourful with a distinct emphasis on crafting.

I've seen enough to get the vibes of a relaxed sandbox which I can play at whatever pace I want, so I've pre-purchased it on Steam. Haven't been scouring the internet for info on every mechanic and detail, because I want to go into it mostly blind and find stuff out on my own.

Think I'll enjoy it. I'm not going to be bothered about 'reviews' coming out already. I'll wait and make my own mind up.

18 minutes ago, Kolni said:

you 3rd world country people are so cute thinking 60€ isn't something you can just casually throw away :kappa: 

I rather donate 60€ to a cute strimer named c-mon with fapcam, so hawt. :hb:  I've watched Lirik play this game, seems fun for the 2hours when you can still refund on Steam. LUL

The game has it's appeal, but the overly high contrast colour art style made my eyes bleed.

1 hour ago, wes said:

The game has it's appeal, but the overly high contrast colour art style made my eyes bleed.

At least it's a change from the usual grimdark tho, right ;-)

1 hour ago, OOPMan said:

At least it's a change from the usual grimdark tho, right ;-)

Haha yep. I noticed their 50' sci fi impression and actually I like that decision. I just think they gone too far. If it stays colourful but with lower contrast,or at least as an option, it would be much better. Personally I'm no fan of first person view as well because of motion sickness. That's why I did not put down my money.:)

I'm gonnna try it for sure, but it's just one of those games where you know, either it's actually good or it was just yet another over-hyped game that sold cause the idea sounded original on paper. Guess time will tell.

I wasted 1000 hour-ish in Payday 2, and so far 600 hours and counting on Warframe, spent cash on EvE online, if people think a mere cycle of gather-build-survive in a large arena of space where its just a glorified mathematically generated world will dissuade people from playing it, I'd say NAY :ohnyes:

I'd tap that game :doge:

32 minutes ago, Lockhart77 said:

I wasted 1000 hour-ish in Payday 2, and so far 600 hours and counting on Warframe, spent cash on EvE online, if people think a mere cycle of gather-build-survive in a large arena of space where its just a glorified mathematically generated world will dissuade people from playing it, I'd say NAY :ohnyes:

I'd tap that game :doge:

You have your standards for games as low as I have for women in rl. 

:wut:

48 minutes ago, Stige said:

It's just overhyped No Mans Scam, sort of like Scam Citizen but not quite as big of a scam.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.

One game is from a small indie developer that has followed a fairly standard development process and is releasing a finished product after a few years of development, the game having been originally announced in 2014.

The other is a money guzzling project from a has-been that somehow convinced people to keep giving him money despite not having delivered anything even close to a cohesive product.

You need to think more before opening your mouth, your ignorance is showing.

so say i was interested in buying the game

what is this game about, is there multiplayer whats the story line etc

22 minutes ago, westybig said:

so say i was interested in buying the game

what is this game about, is there multiplayer whats the story line etc

No multiplayer really.

You explore a pre-generated world from Spore that has very little in it and not much to do. You might play it for an hour or two but that's it. Game lacks any real content.

1 hour ago, Politx_Killer said:

You have your standards for games as low as I have for women in rl. 

:wut:

The secret to happiness my friend, is to have low standards :yuefei:

On a side note, calling the game a scam is pretty far-fetched isn't it? So far from what I've seen, the game delivered what it promises for, everything it have are shown in the trailers and sneak peeks, you don't get charged 100$ for a shiny ship and a shot at playing it :doge: 

Also, bonus point for the game is that it reminds me of Freelancer, here's hoping it can fill the hole of space exploration and quirks that Freelancer has left me for years :oscar:

People are in for a massive disappointment. Freelancer was such an awesome game but this game just... no. Ok calling it a scam might be a bit farfetched but "overpriced heap of junk" is probably closer to the truth.

But if there are people here who can play Payday 2 for 1000 hours then I'm sure there are people who will play shit like this aswell.

Welp to be fair PD2 continuously updating and changing the game for years already so its difficult to say right now, keep giving new orders to player is one way to maintain the heat.

Large open world games like these are more of "how players play it" instead of relying on the developers to provide contents and telling what to do. It is like what Elite is now facing, have the world but nobody want to get out of the starting region. Both games are no cheap and require players themselves to be self-motivated and do something for their own satisfaction.

It is overhyped tho, but like people are disappointed because they have found out what they cannot get what's on their head without a grindful, repeated journey.

39 minutes ago, Stige said:

People are in for a massive disappointment. Freelancer was such an awesome game but this game just... no. Ok calling it a scam might be a bit farfetched but "overpriced heap of junk" is probably closer to the truth.

But if there are people here who can play Payday 2 for 1000 hours then I'm sure there are people who will play shit like this aswell.

Is there anything you actually like?

Other than Freelancer, which was overrated junk imho...

21 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Is there anything you actually like?

Other than Freelancer, which was overrated junk imho...

World of Tanks? That's mostly it I guess, I'm not into single player games really, last good one was Divinity that I finished. Although new Deus Ex does look pretty awesome.
Competitive multiplayer is where it's at for me.

But I did love Rust when it was launched, that was fucking epic, managed to put almost 20 hours per day over 2 weeks into it back then.

1 minute ago, Stige said:

World of Tanks? That's mostly it I guess, I'm not into single player games really, last good one was Divinity that I finished. Although new Deus Ex does look pretty awesome.
Competitive multiplayer is where it's at for me.

But I did love Rust when it was launched, that was fucking epic, managed to put almost 20 hours per day over 2 weeks into it back then.

Right, so we've established that games like this (and most other games it seems) are not your kettle of fish. Why then do you feel it's a great idea to land in the thread firing off all kinds of random shit like comparing it to Scam Citizen and so on?