Psycodiver

Battleship North Carolina

I was debating posting this here in the WoWS section but here goes, was with my family on vacation in Myrtle Beach this week and on our way home I decided to surprise my wife and son with a detour to the Battleship NC. My son only being 2 went nuts when we got there, my wife was less keen on the idea lol. It was 95 degrees out and while me and my son were having the time of our lives sweating to death below deck my wife was having issues with it being hot and being in tight confined spaces. I tried to take as many pictures as I could but I was limited by the fact my pissy wife and my son trying to get into every possible dangerous situation possible :lol:

DSCN0562_zpspfp5fkmq.jpg

DSCN0566_zpsebizki7u.jpg

DSCN0591_zpseblphb8u.jpg

DSCN0593_zpshyxjpwe7.jpg

Rest of the pictures are here http://s114.photobucket.com/user/Psycodiver69/library/Battleship NC?sort=3&page=1

That's one thing the US got right and the British didnt... keep some BB's as museums

Fucking scrap the Warspite, i mean come on, that ship fought the Germans twice.

I probably should have taken pictures when I visited this thing. I was stationed at Lejeune for a couple years so obviously I went to see it while I was there. Nice pictures, thanks.

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

That's one thing the US got right and the British didnt... keep some BB's as museums

Fucking scrap the Warspite, i mean come on, that ship fought the Germans twice.

I think the brits had their national pride (and economy lol) in tatters after WW2, while " 'murica stronk'" has been going hardcore forever. This may have had a impact on Britain's decision to prioritize fiscal and budgetary issues over trying to prop up their collapsing national spirit.

On the OP: These photos are great! I own this ship in WOWS and think the thing is great! Its hard to appreciate how truly massive and beautiful the ship is until you look up close-i always thought of those 127s as pop guns but even those are huge IRL

Wasn't it that the money to keep this ship from being scraped was raised by the sailors who worked on her?

Was never on her saw it twice from the highway driving by omw to Myrtle Beach ... she's huge and magnificent.

Nice pics

On 8/12/2016 at 0:08 AM, minerguy1 said:

Wasn't it that the money to keep this ship from being scraped was raised by the sailors who worked on her?

It was raised by school children mostly, the deal was if they sent in their lunch money in, it would buy the ship, although it did help that the governor was going for reelection that year which I'm sure resulted with some backdoor dealings to make him look good since he was making the big push for the NC coming home.