Sign in to follow this  
woe2you

The Totally Balanced T-28E F-30 Thread

Pros: totally OP gun for t4.

Cons: is t4.

I have one, but I basically never play it because gameplay at t4 is such a crapshoot. Games end up being 4-12 before you know what happened and you get widepark in map rotation. Nothing against the tank, but low tiers aren't exactly balanced in the first place. I wouldnt say its any better than the Matilda.

Also fuck widepark.

45 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

How well it earns credits?

The screenie above: 33k net, no prem. Another game earlier with 1.4k spotting, 900 dmg was 29k net. Ammo costs seem to be the biggest problem:, the AP shells are 109cr each, which the same as you pay in a T-34-85.

It is a fantastic tank, I don't like low tiers, but christ if that thing isn't broken.

Tier for tier I would say it is probably the strongest premium in the game. Barring something like the SU76i though I guess.

3eOsf8m.jpg

gm0aUFF.jpg

57 mm is still a better gun if you end up in a higher tier battle IMHO.

85 mm is great at tier 4, especially since you have the armor that works sometimes (50/40 offers some angling opportunities, and lenght is good if you reverse sidescrape). At tier 5 they are about equal, regular T-28 is slightly better since it is much faster, and can use distance to peck ppl with 0.34 stronk Stalin.

Tier 6 and 85 mm still has alpha, but competent player can use 57 mm better and more often, more pen and acc helps. You simply do not have the hitpoints to trade, and opponents must be distracted...your gun simply does not perform well at range, and 85 mm gives your opponents all the time they need to hit you back. 

It all comes down for preference, but in lower tiers vision is still strong, and 57 mm is king there. T-28 is a huge target, I feel distinctly uncomfortable without at least 200-250 distance. tons of 75 % crews and I am pretty safe there even spotted, but hated 85 mm beyond 150 m, no "confort zone", and of course no Chai.

tried it on clanmate account, not my cup of tea since i like vision games in low tiers...if not in a B2. Could not make  0.43/3.2 s work for me.

In game, this and regular T-28 are totally different. Different guns, armor, speed, one has alpha, more silver pen, and vastly superior HE, other the dpm/acc/better gold penn...and much better soft stats and aim time.

...Only the looks are the same. Both are Stronk Stalin different ways.

http://www.mojalbum.com/defenderforever/t-28/foto/22870428

http://www.mojalbum.com/defenderforever/t-28/foto/22870427

http://www.mojalbum.com/defenderforever/t-28/foto/22870426

I would rate regular T 28 higher and more OP, if slightly less of a sealclubber.  

P.S. amount of 85 mm shells this thing carry, WTF. 100 vs only 78 of 57 mm ones...lolol.

On 8/16/2016 at 8:07 PM, woe2you said:

Not afaik, I just took it out for a spin and discovered how balanced it is:

Which crew you have in originally? Equip?

Mine is vision and sniper oriented, for optimal 57 mm use. I guess you have EGLD, Rammer, and what is the 3rd equip? Vents? Optics?

3 hours ago, Felicius said:

Which crew you have in originally? Equip?

Mine is vision and sniper oriented, for optimal 57 mm use. I guess you have EGLD, Rammer, and what is the 3rd equip? Vents? Optics?

Retraining some 3-skill girls to the T-62A, have Optics in the 3rd slot.

3 hours ago, woe2you said:

Retraining some 3-skill girls to the T-62A, have Optics in the 3rd slot.

Sounds about right...but T-62 A needs more repairs, T-28 can do just fine without them...with the totally balanced O-I Exps around...

Snapshot and smooth ride are useless on T-62 A, one of the best soft stat  tanks in game... while they are quite handy on derpy 85 mm...No repairs in a tier X med, ouch...

Since you have girls from T-62 A I suggest to boost your pathetic 300 m Signal Range with signal boosting as a 2nd skill...useless skill on higher tiers, but you have 2 dedicated radio operators that you will not use on T-62 A. Other one already have SIA, good...

Still not sure whether to buy this or not as a crew trainer to get an extra daily double on tier X soviet hover med crews. It certainly has a very high expected win rate.

On sale in EU region;

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/premshop-collector-t28f30-07-jan-2017/

wn8 expected table at http://jaj22.org.uk/expvals.html

suggests;

expected win rate 60%

expected damage 606.01

expected frag 1.54

expected spot 1.24

def expected 1.27

wn9 expected 2.63

T-28E F-30 4 MT 60.0% 606.0 1.54 1.24 1.27 2.63 0