bathoz

Her Majesty's Light Cruisers

Lemme dig up the link, but there was a RN ship seen in a Soviet Cruiser developer diary – which turns out to be a post war paper project also named "Minotaur Z4A". 

TL;DR: 5x2 6" DP guns, laid out like the Mogami, firing between 15 and 20 rpm.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/47244-guess-the-upcoming-ship/page__p__924668__hl__+tiger +turret#entry924668

On 17 August 2016 at 1:24 PM, yoyoya2 said:

Unless they buff the minotaur it looks like shit(So does the rest of the ships above tier 7),   3x3 6 inch guns at tier 10 without no AA. :eww:

The T10 was specced for 3 inch DP secondaries with a 90RPM fire rate. That's not exactly "No AA". If we get something like a turbocharged 6" Mogami play style I'll be on this like a rash. Especially because of how disgusting AP is against battleships.

I'm not going to bother speculating.  They could either be godmode or complete trash, and it all comes down to what happens with the rate of fire, shell velocity (is it RU 152mm good, or is it Clevelandesque?), and shell qualities.  People have been spitting out all sorts of historical information on the forums, but WG will do what they want.

On 8/17/2016 at 5:24 AM, yoyoya2 said:

tier 10 without no AA. :eww:

the Minotaur has 10 of the 6 inch guns and several (not remember) of the 90mm.... DAKAKAKAKAKAKA

the reload on ths dual 6inch seems to be around 2.5-3.5 seconds......... fucking RIP any DD, like on Atlanta doing cocaine and whatever they give to the russian athletes

just checked the Wiki page for the guns

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_6_inch_Mark_N5_gun

only 768/ms... dam

I'm primarily looking forward to this so I can yell "TALLY HO CHAPS" and "BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES" after every kill. 

I mean the Warspite and Campeltown just don't do it for me at the moment.

Leaks from armoured patrol shows that they're going to be missing defensive fire, which is replaced with seriously long lasting smoke screens. And those are paired with hydro and radar.

I get the feeling that in the hands of a good captain these ships will be a royal (hehe see what I did there) PITA to fight, especially in groups, and it won't be glorious but torturous death by burning and a thousand cuts

Shame though the shell velocity drops after tier 8, the lower tier ones have 831 m/s, but 9 and 10 drop to 761 m/s which is US levels of shell velocity, massively harming that ROF.

Belfast should be good though on tier 7, smoke plus 12 x 6 inch guns with respectable shell velocities. 

Also British 'light; cruisers were light because of the 6 inch guns, for example the Edinburgh class (the tier 8 ) was around 13k tons, and the Takao class heavy cruisers of which the Atago is one were around 15k tons. 

IIRC most of those light cruisers were armoured against 8 inch guns, so they'll be no worse off than the cruisers we already have. 

On 21/08/2016 at 8:42 PM, bathoz said:

Leaks from armoured patrol shows that they're going to be missing defensive fire, which is replaced with seriously long lasting smoke screens. And those are paired with hydro and radar.

The Flint is a foretaste of how the RN Light Cruiser line could play.

OP? Maybe not solo but in Divisions...

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 10:57 PM, tajj7 said:

Shame though the shell velocity drops after tier 8, the lower tier ones have 831 m/s, but 9 and 10 drop to 761 m/s which is US levels of shell velocity, massively harming that ROF.

Belfast should be good though on tier 7, smoke plus 12 x 6 inch guns with respectable shell velocities. 

Also British 'light; cruisers were light because of the 6 inch guns, for example the Edinburgh class (the tier 8 ) was around 13k tons, and the Takao class heavy cruisers of which the Atago is one were around 15k tons. 

IIRC most of those light cruisers were armoured against 8 inch guns, so they'll be no worse off than the cruisers we already have. 

I think their rather large machinery citadel above waterline would make them fragile enough to feel "light."

So, apparently Lesta have decided smoke out, and are now playing around with speed-boost (really?), AP focused CLs, (maaaaybe), or a repair party focus (that'll work well when your citadel goes in one salvo).

Basically, other than what's on the ships, we're back to knowing very little at all.

23 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

I think they decided that smoke-cruisers would be bad for the high tier meta, which is a shame but not totally unreasonable. 

RN CL's have been pulled from the test server too.

A line of Flint like CL's would be a bit much. Perhaps now the threat of them has been removed, Radar could be nerfed down somewhere between where it is now and where it was before (which was not strong enough).

Rumours as to what they will become abound: notable Streamers are floating the idea they they could be AP strong and agile with possibly Speed Boost as a consumable.

All AP shells all the time!

This feels like an experiment to me. They've lowered the damage on the AP shells, given them autobounce and 'likely' bounce angles that would make USN 8" shells jealous, and lowered the arming threshold.

Which means... I don't know.

Also: super speed boost (15%) and super repair part from tier 8 (8% of ship health for 5 seconds. So, in theory, you can repair 40% of the ship in a charge. Or 48% with the flag).

yas. But on a downside, doesn't that make it weaker against BBs? It arms earlier and then explodes earlier, correct, so then you wouldn't be able to do much against freeboard and casemate like the scharn or molotov, but be focused on superstructure damage.