bathoz

Her Majesty's Light Cruisers

6 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

You can tell which ship classes shitplayers play because Reddit whines about the changes non stop. See any change to Japanese DDs or BBs. The rage about smoke firing British cruisers was insane.

lol rage against ships that haven't even launched yet. Classic.

7 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

You can tell which ship classes shitplayers play because Reddit whines about the changes non stop. See any change to Japanese DDs or BBs. The rage about smoke firing British cruisers was insane.

But I kinda wish that they leave Tirpitz and Bismarck alone >_>

So I think it's pretty clear now that WG wants this "light cruiser" line to:

1. shred DDs better than heavy counterparts with short fuse AP spam

2. be able to do so in DDs' comfort zone (or forced to with lack of def-AA)

3. and while doing that have some defense against enemy fire so that they don't get citadel'd out even before pressuring DDs (smoke)

4. lack punch against both heavy cruisers (small caliber and short fuse that might not enter citadel) and BBs (lacks HE to cause fires)

5. meanwhile have some kind of standing power so as to not be a pushover against aforementioned heavy elements (smoke and torps)

First iteration had notorious smoke+HE combo, resulting in both fantastic punch (fire spam) and standing power in addition to doing their job of shredding DDs

Second iteration had "normal" low caliber AP without HE and speedboost in lieu of smoke (because that can totally work lol), probably resulting in both critical lack of punch and durability

Third iteration looks better and possibly stable depending on this "special AP" performance against BBs

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 1:57 AM, CompanionCav said:

So I think it's pretty clear now that WG wants this "light cruiser" line to:

1. shred DDs better than heavy counterparts with short fuse AP spam

2. be able to do so in DDs' comfort zone (or forced to with lack of def-AA)

3. and while doing that have some defense against enemy fire so that they don't get citadel'd out even before pressuring DDs (smoke)

4. lack punch against both heavy cruisers (small caliber and short fuse that might not enter citadel) and BBs (lacks HE to cause fires)

5. meanwhile have some kind of standing power so as to not be a pushover against aforementioned heavy elements (smoke and torps)

First iteration had notorious smoke+HE combo, resulting in both fantastic punch (fire spam) and standing power in addition to doing their job of shredding DDs

Second iteration had "normal" low caliber AP without HE and speedboost in lieu of smoke (because that can totally work lol), probably resulting in both critical lack of punch and durability

Third iteration looks better and possibly stable depending on this "special AP" performance against BBs

When I wrote this, there was no two-puff handicapped smoke and I expected this "special" AP to behave as HE (sans fire chance) as well against angled targets.

I guess I was overly optimistic.