leggasiini

LEGGA GOING FULL CRAZY: 3 marking EVERY JP heavy - challenge

45 posts in this topic

Its almost year since JP heavies was released. I was very hyped for them by myself. I said to myself that my dream would be to 3 mark the entire line; however, i then said that im not never gonna do that because im not even close as good (for starters, i had about 1,5k recents and sub 1k (!) overalls about year ago). 

Now few weeks ago, i managed actually to 3 mark the O-Ho, my favorite tank in the game. Only few days after i 3 marked O-I Experimental. As i yesterday thought about re-buying O-Ni to 3 mark it, and noticed that i riced on Type 5 back to 85% for playing it just for fun, i asked myself: Why wouldnt i make my dream true? And now im attempting to do it. While HT No VI is not part of the line, im gonna buy it anyway someday (because 5 skills is not enough for my O-Ho crew, want moar), so while i am at it i try to 3 mark it aswell.

THE PROGRESS 4/7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O-I Exp - DONE

O-I - DONE

HT No. VI - one mark, MoE around 78%

O-Ni - DONE

O-Ho - DONE

Type 4 - no marks (i played it about month after JP heavy line was released, and it wasnt markable back then) but i would expect MoE percent to be anywhere between 70 - 85

Type 5 - two marks, MoE around ~87

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wont get this completely done anytime soon, though. I have other kind of stuff to focus on tenks aswell (such as grinding E100, IS-4... and FV4005 :serb:) , and i also have life, so i naturally cant get this done very soon. I will progress slowly...but (hopefully) surely. I will post my progression on this thread ocassionaly.

The schedule:

- Will buy O-Ni very soon. If E-75 is not on sale at gamescom special, i will buy O-Ni instead and start 3 mark grind for it in weekend; if not, then i will buy E-75, grind moar credits and start little later. O-Ni 3 marks hopefully done in following weeks. done

- Type 5 will be 3 marked right after 9.17.1 hits the live server. Or atleast attempted to.

- Type 4 will be rebought right when it comes to sale, and i will 3 mark it after i 3 mark Type 5 Heavy.

- HT No VI will be slowly progressed after 9.17.1 hits live. 

- O-I will be rebought and 3 marked only if i manage to 3 mark the three tanks above. I dont want to play it for nothing, fuck O-I done

Wish me good luck...

Good luck. I was amazed at how easy it was to get two marks on the OI-Exp and the OI for a teal player like me (first non-light tanks to get 2 marks on). Anyone blue and up should potentially find it pretty do-able to 3-mark those two tanks as they are OP as all heck in the hands of a half-decent player, although arty when bottom tier in the OI can lead to some crappy games very quickly.

I'm still thinking about whether to continue along the line (was grinding crew in the OI, nearly finished second skill but stopped when it got nerfed as I wasn't sure if going up the line would be fun). I feel I want to try the novelty factor as the tanks are pretty different to anything else but having a lot of fun grinding crew in the IS2 and Rudy and the Bulldog so wasn't sure if I wanted to torture myself by playing fat, slow heavies from stock :P

6 minutes ago, Kolni said:

A tank without marks do not get marks based on previous battles just by playing a battle and adding it. You'll have to start fresh fam :doge: 

Nope

Type 5 used to have same thing as Type 4, and when i played it after CZ patch was released, i got my first mark on it, even though previousoy my mark progress was zero, and noticed that mark progress was at 70%

Type 4/5 had no marks for some time because so few people played them that they were not markable on EU until two patches later they came :doge: . It happens with new tanks; marks wont be shown if only very few people have played it, and will be shown until enough has played it.

Although im not sure if that has been changed...

24 minutes ago, saru_richard said:

enjoy having everyone throw gold at you :3

Considering i have ~4,5k battles played with Japanese heavies (1700 with O-Ho alone), and 15k battles played in heavies, i would say im kinda used to that, heh.

Not to mention i like to use gold by myself so idgaf :disco:

I… Kind of wanted to do that (wouldn't have probably managed to 3 mark anything 8+, though, tbh : I rarely do)

But i really, REALLY hate playing the O-I.

4 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

I… Kind of wanted to do that (wouldn't have probably managed to 3 mark anything 8+, though, tbh : I rarely do)

I didn't like it the first 25-30 games I played in it, but I do now. Shooting AP really helped with getting the average damage up. I tend to only load HE when I know I can't pen with AP, and I rarely use HEAT at all. 

7 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

i played the oi pre nerf, and it was just stupid. give a kv2 armour that cromwell apcr is 1 50 50 thru from range, and add a huge derp gun more accurate than the kv2s (though i think in the nerfs its now far worse thana kv2). sure, its slow, but the oi is still one of the only tier 6 tanks i fear pubs in, and that derp makes up for its shortcomings :) 

oh and leggasiini, where the type 91 and 95 3 mark? hehehe... I'm so funny right?

50 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

Can you put the derp in the pi exp and screen shot it pls?

Sure, when i get to home and onto tanks.

Now thinking about it, it should look really hilarous. :doge: 

8 hours ago, Treeburst said:

I didn't like it the first 25-30 games I played in it, but I do now. Shooting AP really helped with getting the average damage up. I tend to only load HE when I know I can't pen with AP, and I rarely use HEAT at all. 

Hmmm.

I usually load HE, *because* I don't know beforehand what I'll chance upon. And load HEAT after I know I can pen what's around. Because of that long ass reload. People are have no qualm to APCR the shit out of you, so I hate to think that I could give them 22 seconds of realoding a HE shell to do just that :/

42 minutes ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

Hmmm.

I usually load HE, *because* I don't know beforehand what I'll chance upon. And load HEAT after I know I can pen what's around. Because of that long ass reload. People are have no qualm to APCR the shit out of you, so I hate to think that I could give them 22 seconds of realoding a HE shell to do just that :/

AP > HEAT because almost everything you can pen with HEAT can be also penned with AP. AP also goes through tracks much better and can overmatch stuff, which can be really handy. HEAT is tbh only more useful than AP against tanks with thick but flattish armor such as Tiger I, where HEAT will more reliably punch through its armor than AP.

16 hours ago, leggasiini said:

AP > HEAT because almost everything you can pen with HEAT can be also penned with AP. AP also goes through tracks much better and can overmatch stuff, which can be really handy. HEAT is tbh only more useful than AP against tanks with thick but flattish armor such as Tiger I, where HEAT will more reliably punch through its armor than AP.

AP goes through Tigers easy-peasy. As far as what round I keep "pre-loaded" by default, it is AP.  Unless I'm in a match with a lot of tier 8s, or if I am going to the same place I expect a tier 8 heavy to be (or the odd tier 7, like a BP). Then I load HE, unless it is a T29, then I would use HEAT. 

On 17-8-2016 at 5:12 PM, Kolni said:

It was like that for me and the CDC. I had 200 games played in it the first week, no marks. Started playing it again a while after, 6% marks after the first game since :doge: 

My type 4 was at 0% marks all the time, untill in 1 battle it went from 0 to 82% or so, same my Type 61 (could also be another tank) went from 78% to 87% in 1 battle when i bought it back, it ``stores`` your last streak, and if enough morons played it in the meantime you get lucky :P

Bought O-Ni in weekend, but equipped it today because i had to farm credits to other tanks aswell. I started 3 mark progress today.

Vs O-Ho:

- O-Ni's derp actually feels like a derp gun, because you cant snapshot or fire on move as crazily as O-Ho can. 

- I could say that O-Ni's armor is slightly worse tier-for-tier, but health is better tier-for-tier (only 150 HP difference). O-Ni cant angle at all because side is so shit and its cheeks are thinner than front, unlike that of O-Ho.

- O-Ni climbs hills little faster than O-Ho.

- When top tier, it is actually possible to spam HEAT, as long as there isnt too many heavily armored targets. O-Ho cant do that; that one is almost 100% HE spammer (with rare AP to overmatch roofs)

- Forward depression is not as bad as on O-Ho.

- Doesnt have O-Ho's quick reload which is sad.

- Even bigger and worse camo than O-Ho, lol

O-Ho is definely better tank, imo. I bounce more with O-Ho because it has atleast some sloped parts on its armor.. O-Ni's front is literally flat wall (like Type 4/5) with only few angled spots on it. O-Ho's derp is so much better as it racks up damage lot faster. O-Ni's major advantage is basically that it can spam HEAT when top tier (and when there is no other O-Nis/O-Is/black princes/T29s) and it doesnt have as crippling depression on front, but thats about it. O-Ni is not terrible either, though.

I dont know when i will get marks done. Probably tomorrow, probably after a week. Who knows. I just got my 2nd mark on it.