Panzer_Fenris

Strv 103b - Tier 10 TD

On 19.10.2016 at 9:10 PM, GehakteMolen said:

yeah, that should work, and so should german 75mm guns vs 25mm plate

Indien-Panzer with 90mm was unable to overmatch 30mm plate (rear of adult batchat). I may provide replay/video if you want.

On 10/21/2016 at 0:58 PM, MacusFlash said:

Indien-Panzer with 90mm was unable to overmatch 30mm plate (rear of adult batchat). I may provide replay/video if you want.

Tanks.gg confirms. Is the 9cm really like 89.99mm?

Tanks.gg says that to overmatch you need higher than 3:1 calibre/thickness ratio.

Tank Inspector on the other hand says 3:1 will suffice.

Needs testing. Who's got a Foch? :kwim:

Just now, Sapros said:

Needs testing. Who's got a Foch?

Already tested Foch versus 'Murica 120mm gun like three times in the past. If you want I may give you my Foch to your AMX 50B or other French 120.

On 2016-10-24 at 4:57 PM, MacusFlash said:

Already tested Foch versus 'Murica 120mm gun like three times in the past. If you want I may give you my Foch to your AMX 50B or other French 120.

If you could film this and talk in a hoarse french accent as you go about it.

I think that WG is somehow sooo dumb they will turn this also into an autoloader. My guess, 6 x 390 with 2 seconds inbetween and a too short overal reload time... Whether WG will ruin wot with their autoloading powercreep yet another time or do something's right for a chance.. I will not be suprised if this strv 103 makes the TVP look like an underpowered pussy tank

2 hours ago, bask185 said:

I think that WG is somehow sooo dumb they will turn this also into an autoloader. My guess, 6 x 390 with 2 seconds inbetween and a too short overal reload time... Whether WG will ruin wot with their autoloading powercreep yet another time or do something's right for a chance.. I will not be suprised if this strv 103 makes the TVP look like an underpowered pussy tank

Get out of these forums already bot.

4 hours ago, Stige said:

Get out of these forums already bot.

photo shot_220_zpsdgox53jm.jpg

shot_221_zpsasv8p3dh.jpg

kazna does not savvy? wedosavvy!!

Why do you call me bot again? because I share a different oppinion concerning autoloaders, your most played tank?

5 minutes ago, bask185 said:

shot_221_zpsasv8p3dh.jpg

Why do you call me bot again? because I share a different oppinion concerning autoloaders, your most played tank?

You should go spread your fucked up sense of what is right and wrong on the official WOT forums, I bet the tomatos there feel just like you.

Btw nice Bulldog there in hangar, autoloader n00b!!1

Yea, lol @ he crying that Strv will probably get autoloader too. It wont. Simple.

Stop crying about everything, the ISU thing was pretty stupid too.

1 hour ago, bask185 said:

shot_221_zpsasv8p3dh.jpg

>compares performance in 1 single game, because the pubbies think 1 game is statistically accurate. "i played better than u THIS ONE TIME so i'm obviously a better player, this is a fact, cannot deny :babyrage: )

>is permateal

>doesn't break 3k dpg in anything

>barely 2k dpgs anything

>absolute cancer attitide

sounds like a bot to me :doge: 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, Stige said:

Btw nice Bulldog there in hangar, autoloader n00b!!1

It is funny that you automatically assume that I am actually using the autoloader. I use the other gun, it does not perform less to other scouts. How very narrowminded of you.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:30 PM, leggasiini said:

Yea, lol @ he crying that Strv will probably get autoloader too. It wont. Simple.

Stop crying about everything, the ISU thing was pretty stupid too.

Though it might be stupid that I report ISU players whenever they hit me, I still believe it is more stupid that those abominations can 2 shot kill mediums of their own tier while having more penetration than tier X medium tanks. 600 alpha would be much more in place and ofcourse 1500HP would suit it more. And I only cry about derpguns and autoloaders.

That what can 1/2 shot/clip itself is IMO not even remotely balanced and bad for gameplay. <-- this is the one problem I have with wot, tanks with broken firepower.

I am just scared to death what WG will do the strv 103 and all other swede tanks. If they keep going on with their power creep they will propably try to make it 'better' than the TVP and I do not think that that will end well. This new premium tank can already clip TD's of his own tier for 100% Though the rest sux about that tank, it can still dish out 600 damage in 6 seconds.. in tier VI. 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:21 PM, Kolni said:

>compares performance in 1 single game, because the pubbies think 1 game is statistically accurate. "i played better than u THIS ONE TIME so i'm obviously a better player, this is a fact, cannot deny :babyrage: ) No clown, I merely rubbed it in that a Stige got killed by a what he calls a 'bot'. I thought the irony in it is funny. I dont think I am better than him in wot. Bitch please how low educated do you think I am?

>is permateal this means? 

>doesn't break 3k dpg in anything < wtf you want? I am just no unicum. Other than that I dont even like to play tier X with 5 autoloaders per game and autoloosing matched because my team has 5 tier X td and other team as just 1.. I just got 3 and I dont even play them alot. And that I cannot break your prescious 3k DPG does not say anything about intellect.

This is comment is exactly as stupid as you think my screenshots of me killing Stige are.

>barely 2k dpgs anything  

>absolute cancer attitide explain this please I dont understand. Stige is calling a me bot for no reason and you say that I have a cancer attitude? It is Stige who is pretending like he is a cancer tumor. I explained in detail how autoloaders are nothing else but a ruinous stupid unbalanced game mechanic, I argumented how and why. And all he could answer with is... "you are wrong" without elaborating any further. Even though he either knows I am actually right or not.. he still has not attacked one single argument and propably because he could not.. and now he just calls me bot instead.

Discuss things in this section like you have at least met an adult once in your life, or not at all. This is your one free warning. -Shade421

>marked the damage numbers = i did more than you :babyrage: 

>doesn't know what a permateal is

also please explain how whining about wgs stupidity is explaining the problems with autoloaders, this also comes back to >permateal because player skill goes hand in hand with knowledge and experience and dealing with autoloaders (and playing them well) is something good play will do on its own and it's only a problem to those not bothering to learn

i'm pretty sick and tired of people wanting to be catered to at every step so their learning curve evens out just because they don't want to put in any effort whatsoever but still want do well

the swedish T10 TD is also confirmed to be a single shot 400 alpha gun, no ifs, buts or coconuts there. 

TVP's not as OP as you'd think, it's just too easy to play which isn't the same. TVP goes into the same category as the 183mm guns, Grille and the JGPZ E 100, super easy to play and the damage output is higher than normal but once again, learning the game will make the biggest issue of getting caught by them go away. The difference between situational tanks and the TVP is that the TVP has a constant, smooth damage output compared to the other tanks. I still don't see above average players top over 2,4k in the TVP but they sure as hell do in the Grille which is a tank that has the same issue as the TVP does. It's easy to understand, play and it's semi rewarding.

The average 140 player is a much bigger issue to me than the average TVP player when it comes to farming damage

Compare it against tanks that are harder to play but even more rewarding and OP/UP starts getting a new meaning. Tanks like the JGPZ are bottom tier trash while RU meds, M48 and BC tops. The difference in the newer tanks like Grille and TVP is that they still scale with player skill, just decreasing the ease of playing slightly will make it balanced. 

It's different because of players skill which is why player skill is something held over your head

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

>marked the damage numbers = i did more than you :babyrage: 

>doesn't know what a permateal is

also please explain how whining about wgs stupidity is explaining the problems with autoloaders, this also comes back to >permateal because player skill goes hand in hand with knowledge and experience and dealing with autoloaders (and playing them well) is something good play will do on its own and it's only a problem to those not bothering to learn

i'm pretty sick and tired of people wanting to be catered to at every step so their learning curve evens out just because they don't want to put in any effort whatsoever but still want do well

the swedish T10 TD is also confirmed to be a single shot 400 alpha gun, no ifs, buts or coconuts there. 

TVP's not as OP as you'd think, it's just too easy to play which isn't the same. TVP goes into the same category as the 183mm guns, Grille and the JGPZ E 100, super easy to play and the damage output is higher than normal but once again, learning the game will make the biggest issue of getting caught by them go away. The difference between situational tanks and the TVP is that the TVP has a constant, smooth damage output compared to the other tanks. I still don't see above average players top over 2,4k in the TVP but they sure as hell do in the Grille which is a tank that has the same issue as the TVP does. It's easy to understand, play and it's semi rewarding.

The average 140 player is a much bigger issue to me than the average TVP player when it comes to farming damage

Compare it against tanks that are harder to play but even more rewarding and OP/UP starts getting a new meaning. Tanks like the JGPZ are bottom tier trash while RU meds, M48 and BC tops. The difference in the newer tanks like Grille and TVP is that they still scale with player skill, just decreasing the ease of playing slightly will make it balanced. 

It's different because of players skill which is why player skill is something held over your head

Couldn't have said it better myself!

If he is teal forever then there is something obviously wrong because he isn't improving and now he is blaming "op tanks" for being so bad.

It's an odd duck.

First, I think I'm over performing in it, and not doing anything special.  In fact, being test server I'm probably a bit more YOLO than I am normally (which is too much).  Basically rush to a position, siege mode up and shoot away.  It's nothing to bounce/block 2k plus without even trying.  Literally "front towards enemy" is all I have been doing, no wiggling, analyzing angle, nada.  2.5 seconds into siege mode, 2 seconds out:  not effected by BIA/vents etc.  Camo net is not broken on traverse, it is with forward or rearward movement. 

The machine is far less good crew dependent than I was expecting,  I've been running it with a BIA and about 40% camo crew now (Not having 6th isn't even all that bad the way I've been playing it).  To the point where I think I've decided that I won't be putting a female crew in it.  Repairs is going to be a must though, being tracked screws you over even more than normal; this may even make it unplayable as more people figure that out *shrug*.   If something gets inside on you you're done as well.  Can flex ok, fast enough to get back, though I keep forgetting to drive it backwards when appropriate. 

Not sure what the high end players will think of it, it may not be flexible enough (the playstyle I've been using is rather static, almost boring to me).

OK I've played some rounds with it. It is a totally new sort of gameplay. But it's not like I celebrated this new experience, it felt really awkward to play this tank. And having 0 gun travers feels so weird, I can't describe it. But it is better than having 0 depression. It could be me, because I haven't really checked the controlls, but without being in the siege mode I could not lower my tank. Therefore fighting other tanks in close quarters was everything but fun. 

But mostly I am disappointed by its agility. I expected something E25ish. But got a slow medium. I thought I can scoot around with it.  But no. WG doesn't want you to scoot and shoot. 

Maybe if I can adapt to the required playstile it is fun, but at the moment this tank is not for me. 

The armour actually works quite well, probably WG scrapped 2x and 3x calibre rule.
Not very used to Siege mode though, I mean defensive wise it is deadly, it may also work in corridors...
It has everything really focus at the front, even the armour to annoy heavies, but its nature forced it somehow to be more passive. That kind of feeling like in AOE you send a group of worker building towers in the front line.

Well, it is different, thats for sure. But I am not thrilled by yet another iconic tank the pubbies will race to get that play best by kemping bush. Where today there is a Grille and a Jagzilla in every bush, tommorrow they will be joined by this thing.

Kranvagina oth looks really gud.

8 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Well, it is different, thats for sure. But I am not thrilled by yet another iconic tank the pubbies will race to get that play best by kemping bush. Where today there is a Grille and a Jagzilla in every bush, tommorrow they will be joined by this thing.

Kranvagina oth looks really gud.

103's frontal armour profile is so gud I don't even wan to live in a bush

But Kranvagn looks so good that it really needs a hammer, even the 50B is faster in reverse :triggered:

If tanks.gg is correct, aside the autopen cupola you can pen this thing pretty easily through the front hull by shooting above the tracks either side. -

FhguYSZ.png

Also maxed out over 4.5k DPM in siege mode I think.

But the tank felt really awkward to me, really situational, probably the worst tank in the game for corridors and any close combat, which makes it really bad in a lot of maps.

These things will be a pain on like 1 line Prohk but easy to deal with on most maps. Made the mistake of getting close to a medium in the tier 8 one and it was laughably easy for the guy to circle me.  And the tier 9 and 10 are slower.

Also as far as I can tell, any low ish profile tank can jam their front underneath them and just tip it over. 

Basically thsi tank feels like a less frustrating Tortoise. I can zip around to where it is needed (not that the pubbie will know where that is - so kemp bush it will be)  and then get into siege and sit there preferrably most of the game. Its very arkward for any kind of peeking round corners and sooner rather than later most peeps will know where to shoot and thus it will only be really good at long ranges - booom dpm Grille confirmed.

And at long range in siege mode this thing is VERY strong. 1500m/s shell speed, Around 0.2 acc with almost nonexisting aim time, very high pen and in all reality the highest workable dpm in the game.

5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

If tanks.gg is correct, aside the autopen cupola you can pen this thing pretty easily through the front hull by shooting above the tracks either side. -

FhguYSZ.png

Joke's on you, everything above the tracks is just spaced armor, there's nothing to actually hit behind it. The actual tank only starts inboards of the tracks.

8 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Also as far as I can tell, any low ish profile tank can jam their front underneath them and just tip it over. 

That brings up a point. In siege-mode, is it possible to go around and essentially lift tanks around like a forklift. Angle down, jam under, angle up and possibly flip the other guy around?

The use for it would obviously be limited, but I'm genuinely curious.

27 minutes ago, Panzer_Fenris said:

That brings up a point. In siege-mode, is it possible to go around and essentially lift tanks around like a forklift. Angle down, jam under, angle up and possibly flip the other guy around?

The use for it would obviously be limited, but I'm genuinely curious.

You can go 5 km/h max in siege mode. Enemies can run away unless there is a wall behind...and than you can not flip them over anyway.