gingxxx

Base camping meds as new strat?

I recognized several times blue players camping with meds (Centurion etc.) near their arty or around the base. This was in tier IX and tier X battles.

Is this CHAI sniping the new strat to become a blue player?

Perhaps, its confirmation bias?  I generally find base campers do so because they don't know any better not because they are "blue" and are damage farming.

There are situations where that may in fact be the best option, given line up differences and certain maps.  For example, Siegfried Line, enemy team has a 5 - 1 heavy overmatch.  Not sure a short range head to head brawl favours the meds or is the surest path to success.  Where drawing the heavies out to the edges of the city, isolating them and using the meds vision and guns to chip away at the heavies (while also using engagement range for protection) may work better but be misconstrued as base camping.

Frankly, T9/T10 is not guarantee of great play, (there are still proportionally many better players and better play) however you still see T9/T10 top tier tanks go Lakeville Valley on encounter mode...or a platoon of E50M's yolo over the hill on Prok into the waiting enemy team...go figure.

It's a great tactic. I can only recommend it. You can also achieve fenomenal winrate with this trick. The only drawback is, that it is complicated to do it well. You have to practice it for a couple hundred battles to master it.

It is very important to ping the minimap and organize your team until they win thanks to your guidance, sadly they sometimes don't listen, and die...

If they die, you can still shoot the enemy a couple of times, when they go to kill the arty. So it is really a win-win situation.

42 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

Perhaps, its confirmation bias?  I generally find base campers do so because they don't know any better not because they are "blue" and are damage farming.

There are situations where that may in fact be the best option, given line up differences and certain maps.  For example, Siegfried Line, enemy team has a 5 - 1 heavy overmatch.  Not sure a short range head to head brawl favours the meds or is the surest path to success.  Where drawing the heavies out to the edges of the city, isolating them and using the meds vision and guns to chip away at the heavies (while also using engagement range for protection) may work better but be misconstrued as base camping.

Frankly, T9/T10 is not guarantee of great play, (there are still proportionally many better players and better play) however you still see T9/T10 top tier tanks go Lakeville Valley on encounter mode...or a platoon of E50M's yolo over the hill on Prok into the waiting enemy team...go figure.

Field on siegfried line is imo a mongol tektik, its equallly retarded as valley push on lakeville or going down to water on Stalingrad

You win nothing on field, you waste a lot of time, risked beiing outspotted by a lone scout and after that outcamped by TDs camping near enemy base, or just gridlocked by random parked morons + arty likes to shoot there aswell. And if all of the above is not happening, you still achieved nothing, since all you can do is kill arty and cap, shit win is shit win, GG

Most people go head first yolo into the brawl, or just camp behind the first rock / house and in both cases your attempt at vision play is wasted.

And thats almost always the case, a camping medium is a moron medium, and especially blues / dark greens tend to do this a lot, they see on streams people like X3N4 ``camp`` and they copy this, but fail to understand WHY X3N4 camps there, its often in subtile details a blue wont understand / see, unless he looks carefull (which nobody does)

Trow in the retarded: ``preserve HP`` which many people also fail to understand (its about maximizing risk, while not dieing, not about camping behind 6 bush chai sniping), and you get many above average player camping like red-retards, thinking they do well, while they are in reality severely limiting themselfs...

ps: late game wins are exceptional rare and can only happend on turd maps like Campinovka, on any non-shit map you will get steamrolled if its 5 vs 10, your job is thus to prevent is from becoming 5 vs 10 in the first place, those amazing games where a lone super unicums turns the table are super rare, most games are won easy in the first 2 minutes (if not faster) then it already snowballs

ps ps: its also why i dont stream or have a replay topic, 8/10 games are unwinnable defeats or easy wins, and both are not worth watching imo...

53 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

It's a great tactic. I can only recommend it. You can also achieve fenomenal winrate with this trick. The only drawback is, that it is complicated to do it well. You have to practice it for a couple hundred battles to master it.

It is very important to ping the minimap and organize your team until they win thanks to your guidance, sadly they sometimes don't listen, and die...

If they die, you can still shoot the enemy a couple of times, when they go to kill the arty. So it is really a win-win situation.

With all due respect to you as a player, I hope this is some kind of joke post.

If you have success doing this (and I believe you do) it's probably because you are good at reading the battle and understand where and when to "camp".

Most players however, are not going to have the ability to do this successfully and not only will they be not helping their teammates but they will be pinging the map like crazy and telling them to do things that they are not actively supporting. I'm sorry but I would not recommend that anyone at my skill level or below do this even once much less for "hundreds of battles" 

13 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

If you have success doing this (and I believe you do) it's probably because you are good at reading the battle and understand where and when to "camp".

Most players however, are not going to have the ability to do this successfully and not only will they be not helping their teammates but they will be pinging the map like crazy and telling them to do things that they are not actively supporting. I'm sorry but I would not recommend that anyone at my skill level or below do this even once much less for "hundreds of battles" 

It was almost certainly a joke post.

4 minutes ago, SuperTheBoss said:

I wanted to contiue the trolling with something like 'the real battle is fought in the chat' or something like that, but you are too nice person and I am not a good enough troll. :brokenheart:

I am trying to play actively. You can't even pull 50% WR with basecamping at least on the long run.

1 minute ago, Inciatus said:

It was almost certainly a joke post.

:gaytroll: I could not take the original post seriously

doesn't stop people from assuming my recent is from base camping

2 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I am trying to play actively. You can't even pull 50% WR with basecamping at least on the long run.

doesn't stop people from assuming my recent is from base camping :(

2 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Field on siegfried line is imo a mongol tektik, its equallly retarded as valley push on lakeville or going down to water on Stalingrad

Not sure why you quoted me...  Please reread my post.

I never assumed in the OP's case base camping was literally "base camping" nor did I advocate field anywhere, as I agree field is useless on Siegfried Line...

How about some detailed advice on how to approach playing mediums facing a large heavy overmatch?

2 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I wanted to contiue the trolling with something like 'the real battle is fought in the chat' or something like that, but you are too nice person and I am not a good enough troll. :brokenheart:

:gaytroll: I could not take the original post seriously

Haha it's all good I wanted to troll as well but I didn't want every purple poster on wotlabs to respond like "stfu & gtfo green skrub" XD

15 minutes ago, Captain_Rex33 said:

doesn't stop people from assuming my recent is from base camping :(

That is actually not a surprise if you think about it. I myslef just started to grasp the level on people like Straik is playing. Sometimes I didn't even recognize something has happend. Imho that is similar to everyone.

So a blue/purple for example does 5 things in a battle that a red won't understand, and if in the end he is camping, then that will be noted, because that is easy to recognize/understand.

(I am not saying this was the case with the blue in OP's battle.)

1 hour ago, TAdoo87 said:

That is actually not a surprise if you think about it. I myslef just started to grasp the level on people like Straik is playing. Sometimes I didn't even recognize something has happend. Imho that is similar to everyone.

So a blue/purple for example does 5 things in a battle that a red won't understand, and if in the end he is camping, then that will be noted, because that is easy to recognize/understand.

This distills it down so much better than my post.

6 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

(I am not saying this was the case with the blue in OP's battle.)

I actually meant by looking at my stats; "you're super unicum WN8 but only unicum WR, STAT PADDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The middle of lakeville is not very healthy at all. Either you get spotted by someone yoloing at you or scouts which drive at the outskirts of the city (which is way safer). Every good player knows the bush spot and would blind shot it if he gets spotted. I feel the middle could use a rework but on the other hand you shouldn't be able to spot the all the ennemy heavies for free.

You don't need to sit in a bush for ages or go to the rock. You'll just go mid, get a spot if you have snipers and back off. With a decent crew you'll open everyone up with you staying stealth. It would make sense not to go if enemy team has a lot of mediums while you're playing south spawn, but north spawn is really safe to get mid spots in the beginning.

On 8/25/2016 at 11:13 PM, EscapeArtist said:

Lights to Lakeville valley instead mid is new meta.

Heavies to valley but only when there are 3 tier 10 arty on the other team. unstoppable strat.

At a guess it's players falling back from a failing flank and trying to stall it.

that seems to where lots of the 'red line camping' accusations come from bob masses, they yolo forward to flank, get overmatched, die and end up speccing the decent player that was probably right next to them initially but saw the mess coming so fell back. Cue accusations largely based on ignorance of them camping and being there all the time.

Said pubbie logic struggles with the winning aspect though, when you challenge them with unicum 65% WRs they struggle to explain those even though they are convinced every purple is only purple because they snipe from the red line and let the team die.

Apparently good players never take hits and have no 'balls' is a common one I hear. 

Had one guy tell me that unicums purposely sit at the back sniping letting the whole team die then come out on full HP and just pick off all the one shots, that's apparently how you win games without being a 'team player'.

But honestly I'd guess it's a guy who's fallen back from a failing flank or falling back because the team has already loss and is just trying to get a few more shots of damage in. 

At least on EU it's pretty common to see TVP 50/51s camping in the back most of the game and they are good players, when I check later. They spring into life near battle end and go farm rest of the enemies. I guess it makes sense since they can clip isolated enemies and just reload before the next one.

I don't really care, since they usually do damage anyway and carry their weight... and WG in its limitless wisdom decided to add such autoloaders in the game.

On 25/8/2016 at 8:43 AM, EscapeArtist said:

Lights to Lakeville valley instead mid is new meta.

Hasn't that been the meta forever? because in every single match i get lights just yolo into the chokepoint and get shrekt

On 10/2/2016 at 0:17 AM, Strigonx said:

Hasn't that been the meta forever? because in every single match i get lights just yolo into the chokepoint and get shrekt

But the 1/30 times it works they will rub it in your face because youre clearly the dumbass that tried to contest valuable parts of the map.