RollerCoaster47

Dunkerque

Currently enjoying the Myoko with DE captain. Dunkerke is drenched in gasoline or so it seems.

Also love the shitters that overextend and then to soak by backing up at a snails pace guaranteeing the full 10 shot payload to hit every salvo.

My Dunkirk seems to shoot napalm. I tend to shoot HE at long ranged BB's or angled BB's. I was getting 2 fires started per Broadside. I ended up with 52k in fire damage done, out of the 140k damage i did. The Dunkirk is an odd ship.

Kongo crossing the T at mid range

FEU À VOLONTÉ:frenchy:

2yw0PRO.jpg

This ship is fun. I'm terrible in it, but it's fun. Slowly trying to get it back to 50%w/r. My DPG is similar to my New Mex and my Fuso (56k), so there's obviously something else I should be doing better.

So anyone know what if/ approx when WG will put this back in the shop?  Just came back to warships and kindof really want a Dunkerque, but apparently they still dig the temporary sale thing to boost interest.  Seems like they end up putting the ships back in later, remember the Warspite and others getting same treatment.  

I'm not an expert on this, but according to most reviews your money would be spent better elsewhere. This is not at good ship. Especially due to tier 5 and to some extend tier 6 having been shafted my the current MM design.

1 hour ago, Birkovic said:

I'm not an expert on this, but according to most reviews your money would be spent better elsewhere. This is not at good ship. Especially due to tier 5 and to some extend tier 6 having been shafted my the current MM design.

The Dunky is a perfectly fine battleship as long as you have a few working brain cells.

20 minutes ago, How_Terrible said:

The Dunky is a perfectly fine battleship as long as you have a few working brain cells.

OK, I just saw people like IChase and Flamu not being fans of it. 

Is it fine too, when it comes with a $ pricetag?

The Dunkirk is not a perfectly fine Battleship. It's a large, upgunned cruiser that frequently faces ships that can neutralize its only advantage (bow on guns). It has no anti-aircraft, poor secondaries and turrets that can break easily and demolish 50% of its firepower. Which is rubbish anyway because the guns have poor dispersion. Avoid.

Lol it's a good ship, you just need to know how to use it, I was averaging over 70k dpg now I think it's 65-68k. It's awesome at deleting cruisers since the shells have less of a chance at over penning. It's good at wrecking DDs also and will citadel broadside BBs. It's speed is good along with its rudder shift, it's secondaries are derpy, I've sunk cruisers and DDs chasing me several times, it's AA sucks but since CVs are rare it isn't a issue. Shells work best under 14km, after that dispersion gets drunk quick. It's basically a fun situational ship that works best as close cruiser/battleship support

9 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

The Dunkirk is not a perfectly fine Battleship. It's a large, upgunned cruiser that frequently faces ships that can neutralize its only advantage (bow on guns). It has no anti-aircraft, poor secondaries and turrets that can break easily and demolish 50% of its firepower. Which is rubbish anyway because the guns have poor dispersion. Avoid.

That's true of every battleship at tier six, not just the Dunkerque. They are all overmatched in the bow by 15" or larger guns. I have mind with an AA build (although I do still use main battery accuracy upgrade) and the AA is decent, certainly better than just about any other tier six BB aside from the Bayern. The secondaries are mediocre, but decent if your enemy is on the side or rear of you, they just can't shoot forward much at all, and after 81 games in it I've still yet to have a turret be completely destroyed. Your criticisms are a bit harsh, though I agree the dispersion is bad.

21 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

That's true of every battleship at tier six, not just the Dunkerque. They are all overmatched in the bow by 15" or larger guns. I have mind with an AA build (although I do still use main battery accuracy upgrade) and the AA is decent, certainly better than just about any other tier six BB aside from the Bayern. The secondaries are mediocre, but decent if your enemy is on the side or rear of you, they just can't shoot forward much at all, and after 81 games in it I've still yet to have a turret be completely destroyed. Your criticisms are a bit harsh, though I agree the dispersion is bad.

The Dunk is more dependent on its bow though. The others either have a heavier broadside, are tougher when angled normally, or both, so they don't really want to be bow in. The dunk needs to more often, so the overmatch hurts it more, relatively. 

Well with just over 60 battles in it, which is about the average for me to grind out the 3 major t6 BBs I figured I would come back to report on her.

Win rate - 61%

Survival - 44% (no comment lol)

average XP - 1,120

DPG - 64,456

Accuracy - 30%

My feelings on her has changed allot since I first bought her, at first it was great because the average pubbie didn't know how to fight her, I had a match where I trolled a New Mexico around the map, he was chasing me while I was in full reverse, he kept bouncing AP and everytime he showed his side to ship I nailed him for a salvo of AP. BUT that has changed most players know how to fight the Dunkin Donut now, so now I play her differently, I use her speed to move about the map, get to locations I can bow-on for a few salvos before moving on again. That said she is very hot and cold for me, I either have awesome games or complete failures, it really depends if I can get into a groove of moving around, if I can't find my grove well I sink. Her guns are good, don't let 13" bother you, they will penetrate and wreck other BBs no problem. She is a pro at sinking cruisers though, at under 14km they are just laser cannons and getting multiple citadels is almost expected in this ship. The turrets rotate fairly quick so I always hunt for the best target, if the current ship I targeted isn't giving me a good shot I switch targets, you have 27 seconds between shots, look aroundThe secondaries are weird, I've sunken a few cruisers and DDs with them while they chased me, but their suppose to suck and they do but they work, very trolly. The AA sucks, no getting around that and your a long ship with a fairly wide turn circle, your easy pickens for a CV captain with any skill so don't go it alone. In my opinion I think she is a good ship but it has a medium skill level, you need to be aware of your situation and using the mini-map is a must

I have mine built entirely around MB, and I find she is my favourite tier 6 cruiser. However, carriers are inherently a problem, should they prove to be competent, and if I get caught with my team running to the far corners of the map, choices are get pushed and die, or show broadside trying to run, and die (same problem I have in NC too). Guns don't feel as bad as what people initially said, and I've never had a MB fully knocked out either.

The Dunk is on sale for $17 right now, so after I earned a 10 pt Captain from Dynamo, I installed him and played a few matches.  I am spoiled by the Warspite's great gun sigma, and was stunned when I bracketed a broadside Scharnhorst at 10.8 km.  This would be the one BB that seriously benefits from firing HE at higher tier BB's that are angled bow on.  The speed is really nice at that tier, and if you play it more like a cruiser than a tanky BB, you will live longer.  NOT recommended for advanced ranked battles,   I had sub 6k shots at DD's and whiffed, and the 13" guns are not going through the front of an Arizona or Bayern like the 15" guns on the Warspite do.  Hopefully they will buff the sigma, as HT pointed out earlier, having the worst armor, bad dpm & alpha, and wonky accuracy is not enough to make up for it's speed in comparison to it's in tier competition.

Well depends on how its used, for me she is the best mid late game ship, her guns are excellent at wrecking cruisers and DDs. She has a fine line between being aggressive and passive and when to do either is very important. In the words of another player it's a great ship that is very easy to play bad

It still needs an accuracy buff. If you can't kill a cruiser that is chasing you in your Dunkerque for almost 5 minutes, while he pummels you into the sea-floor with HE, then something is wrong.

I picked it up on sale based in part on Biggie's recommendation, and I would say accuracy is definitely the biggest handicap. It should be sufficiently accurate to allow punishing broadside targets at the 12-10km range instead of reliably bracketing those targets. lol

57 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

I never had a issue with accuracy under 14km, outside of that it's pretty derpy I will admit

First game last night I couldn't reliably hit a Nurnberg or Algerie giving me broadsides at 11km. Ended up burning down with only 10k damage. Next match I deleted a Belfast in two salvos, almost killed an Emerald, helped brutalize a Bayern and solo killed a Scharnhorst. 103K damage. The guns feel a bit like the Fuso dispersion-wise, only with 4 less shells per salvo, so the results seem a bit more prone to RNG.

The Fleur De Lis camo - Da Bomb Dot Com!

Seriously, the ship is sooo much better looking with that camo, thankfully it's not weeb like at all.

The way I've discussed it earlier is like so:

Gun stats tend to exist on something of a linear distribution. DPM on one side, accuracy/reliability on the other. In tier six this is easy to see. One one side you have the Fuso, and on the other you have the Warspite.

Except, here's the Dunkerque, with both bottom of tier DPM AND near bottom of tier accuracy. Heck, the guns good points actually work against it, as the high shell speed increase verticle dispersion and the huge pen (combined with flat arcs) mean that you over penetrate many more ships than you'd expect.