leggasiini

Leo, tier 7 medium

2 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Yeah but T-34-85 is tier lower,  

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, just pointing out how ruined mid tiers feel after you get used to minimal aiming. They just have such a different rhythm to the playstyle i prefer higher up. But then i guess if i played longer sessions in the mid tiers i could get used to it maybe.

5 hours ago, Ezz said:

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, just pointing out how ruined mid tiers feel after you get used to minimal aiming. They just have such a different rhythm to the playstyle i prefer higher up. But then i guess if i played longer sessions in the mid tiers i could get used to it maybe.

And then you would feel strange at high triers. I am recently grinding a lot at t7 and t8 and going to t10 feels strange. 

So now that wheeled tanks are a thing:

The 7.5 gun is absolutely required. As much as i like and enjoy the 10.5 kanon on this thing, if you run the 10.5 you are almost required to be a 2nd/3rd line sniper with it because the long reload times will get you dead if a wheeled vehicle gets close. The total lack of armor means they can lolpen you just about anywhere and still get away.

You can definitely make the 10.5 work for you, and the alpha/pen of that gun is very nice to have, and if you play as a surprise heavy support you can do well with the 10.5, but if you plan on being anywhere near the front lines as a medium the 7.5 is just required. A point blank miss with the 10.5 means you are helpless for a very long time while you get bombed with HE. If you have a decent sized group with you (and you should anyway) that mostly shouldn't happen (it still can) but on anything but a >2 vs a wheelie you are basically SOL.

I was sad to have to mount the 7.5 again and 50/50 APCR for high tiers but the game after I did, I massacred 3 wheelies on Pilsen and laughed.

How does one not get cancer trying to grind almost 200k exp on this turd?

76mm is a meme and 105 feels like playing pre nerf T92 with a broken gun and dead gunner.

Looking for advices on maps/playstyle mainly.

As I've given up already and loaded 34 apcr and 1 HE..

9 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

How does one not get cancer trying to grind almost 200k exp on this turd?

I am lucky/bad luck to have a 3 won top 10 exp +6000 exp mission in SEA... bad luck for the swedish medium brought my rusty hands back into this shxt game.

I actually find 105mm works better even in the face of those french wheeled flies. All I have to do is stay with the crowd before they show up. Hit them with the 105mm in 100-150m is not too hard, and they will die quickly afterward.

Actually, WG is helping me with this.

The new premium account actually gives you a shitload of things.

Running reserves (200% crew exp, 300% free exp and 100% exp) with the new manageable x3 got me 35k exp in about one hour.

I just need to play 5 good games per day in this thing and leave it alone until the next day. Pretty neat considering I can already unlock the emil 1 and I've only played 39 games in it (got it elited bar radio though, so I've skipped the most painful part of the grind). So I expect to finish the grind in 3/4 days at this rate.

EDIT: got the emil and on it's first game WG gifted me a blueprint for the udes 14 5 :disco: so that's already 11k out of the way :D

I pre-ground the Leo before the patch. I used to hate it with a passion and free-xpd the rest of the grind to the Emil back in the day. Now I got it to work somewhat comfortably with the pea-shooter. It's a great gun at tier 6 and can work on the Leo. It's not a good tank by any measurement, but decent enough to make the grind relatively painless.

I'm getting better results now that I have put my S1 crew in it.

Camo skill really gives you an edge, I managed to spot quite a few tanks earlier on fisherman's gay north spawn. 

11k exp as of now, quite confident I can finish the grind either tomorrow or on Monday and finally get rid of it to start suffering in the paper tier 8 med.

I finally plowed through this grind thanks to X5 bonuses and such. I don't think it's so much that the tank is bad as tier 7 is bad and tier 7 mediums are really bad. Every old tier 8 has now been saturated with buff upon buff while WG has simultaneously poured new overpowered premiums into the game like so many empty aluminum cans in a bucket. Tier 9 is almost as bad for power creep, tier 7 is just a joke now. At this point you're left with the 75mm at least being able to hit all the fucking tiny race car tanks like the E-25 and wheelies that have fundamentally broken the core mechanics the game depends on.

Compared to A44, it has lower DPM despite also having lower pen.  While it does have more accuracy and less aim-time.....not by much. And A44 has better dispersion and shell velocity. T2O and Leo pay alot for their gun depression. I think Leo needs a hull armour improvement to at least like the Lansen, that removes alot of the HE penetrations it takes. 

6 hours ago, Diriz0n said:

Compared to A44, it has lower DPM despite also having lower pen.  While it does have more accuracy and less aim-time.....not by much. And A44 has better dispersion and shell velocity. T2O and Leo pay alot for their gun depression. I think Leo needs a hull armour improvement to at least like the Lansen, that removes alot of the HE penetrations it takes. 

A44 also gets frontal fires, has a rear turret and way way worse gun performance. Leo needs no buffs. I have it on a secondary account I use on my laptop with 16fps and interrupting mouse and I still pull 63% win rate and 1300 dpg and high spots. Its miles in front of the wonky a44. 

By the way professor, Leo has front mounted transmission. So it also gets engine damage on front hits, with significantly less front armour.

Leo has .42 and 3sec, vs 3.4 and .45. Leo has to work with .17/.17, A44 has .15/.15. Leo has 785m/s, A44 shoots out 83Om/s. Neither can hold vert stab. Way worse? Where do you see that. The pen is hugely different, favouring A44. Leo has it slightly better control parameters, if by a hair. Unless running the 7.5cm, then it is totally different. Leo offers excellent gun dep, I do not refute that, but that is not gun handling, nor is A44 better turret traverse rate. Which is better? Who knows, tier 7 meds seem to suck, who cares. 

20 hours ago, Oicraftian said:

It is truly amazing how some people still say the Leo is a good tier 7 medium.

I'm sure they'd recommend the flaming dumpsterfire that is the 30.02D too

Full APCR 3002D is workable and better than the T-43, KV-13, etc. The gun is aids tho

On 11/29/2019 at 1:33 AM, Oicraftian said:

It is truly amazing how some people still say the Leo is a good tier 7 medium.

I'm sure they'd recommend the flaming dumpsterfire that is the 30.02D too

With current mm it's above average. Better MM allows vision play. Also Dat Alpha