PityFool

Battlefield 1 - Open Beta

So the open beta starts on August 31st, (30th if you signed up as an insider before Aug 21). Anyone else planning to play it? Here's a thread to join up and play together (I'll probably be playing on NA) and share thoughts/experiences. Pretty hyped for the game, definitely a breath of fresh air over what else is on offer in the triple A market currently.

Also, this is a pretty cool cinematic someone made.

Want to, been a Battlefield fan since BF3.  BF4 was so broken though that it kind of scares me.  I may just wait a bit and see what the reviews are like.  It really looks cool, just all depends if they took their time and put it together the right way instead of rushing a broken product out like BF4.

49 minutes ago, BigDaddyTankster said:

Want to, been a Battlefield fan since BF3.  BF4 was so broken though that it kind of scares me.  I may just wait a bit and see what the reviews are like.  It really looks cool, just all depends if they took their time and put it together the right way instead of rushing a broken product out like BF4.

How's BF4 broken? I have several problems with it but still consider it better than BF3.

1 hour ago, hallo1994 said:

Video. Plus never played BF3 before.

Play any of the CoD series before they turned to shit and Battlefield looks like a saint. *Looks at CoD4 and MW2*

:serb:

5 hours ago, Kitten said:

We'll see how my laptop handles it. I'd like to play tho ^.^ 

Really hope the netcode got better. 

Netcode compared to? BF4's netcode is pretty damn good. Also, BF1 is launching with a minimum server tickrate of 60Hz, so I'm expecting great things from the 120 and 144 tick servers which "worked" in BF4 but created issues with stairs and soldier movement.

32 minutes ago, PityFool said:

Netcode compared to? BF4's netcode is pretty damn good. Also, BF1 is launching with a minimum server tickrate of 60Hz, so I'm expecting great things from the 120 and 144 tick servers which "worked" in BF4 but created issues with stairs and soldier movement.

[obligatory video of Pity dumping a mag into enemy but not actually registering]

None of that stuff. If it isn't a buggy mess, should be pretty hard for DICE to fuck this one up. Looking forwards to seeing how it plays tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Kitten said:

[obligatory video of Pity dumping a mag into enemy but not actually registering]

None of that stuff. If it isn't a buggy mess, should be pretty hard for DICE to fuck this one up. Looking forwards to seeing how it plays tomorrow.

Yea, hardline and battlefront had really clean launches, obviously they had other issues of their own but oh well...

anyone who says BF4 now is a bad game because it was broken at launch is kidding themselves, and is retarded. 

BF4 is probably close to the being the best title in the series, to be honest, by now. (and yes, I have played them all, except BC2)

2 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Eh, still rather have 1942, Vietnam, and 2142.

Meh. Why? Because we really net Yet Another Game We've Had Before?

They can do 1942 2 or Vietnam 2 or 2141 2 after BF1.

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

anyone who says BF4 now is a bad game because it was broken at launch is kidding themselves, and is retarded. 

BF4 is probably close to the being the best title in the series, to be honest, by now. (and yes, I have played them all, except BC2)

That's a shame because BC2 IS the best one of them all m8