NightmareMk9

Class Action Lawsuit filed against Apple for Touchscreen Defect in the 6 and 6 plus

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/touch-disease-iphone-affliction-breaking-151309508.html

I had to replace my 6 Plus about 4 months ago when the touchscreen quit responding.  Apple Store charged me $250 (started out at $399, but I got the manager to reduce it).

The manager told me they knew about the problem, but that it wasn't big enough for a recall.  If they did recall the phone in the future I would get my $250 back.

I hope this pushed it to a conclusion.

To be honest I kinda missed the old days when phones were supposed to be small, battery last a week if not more, and you answer the call by simply flipping or pressing a single solid button.

If I want to play games/ shitpoast on interwebs/ etc I use a PC. Or a tablet. 

19 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

To be honest I kinda missed the old days when phones were supposed to be small, battery last a week if not more, and you answer the call by simply flipping or pressing a single solid button.

If I want to play games/ shitpoast on interwebs/ etc I use a PC. Or a tablet. 

neither a PC nor a tablet are small enough to fit into my pocket, or have the ability for me to be bored or waiting for something, and allow me to just pick it out of my pocket, play some Pokemon for 10 mins, read a book, watch a youtube video, listen to some music, check something on a calculator, check my calendar, set an alarm, check the time, ring/text someone, and then put it back in my pocket.

some devices can do most of those, but none can do ALL of those on the same device. 

3 hours ago, garryallen said:

Samsung galaxy ace mini. the closest you can get to a smartbrick:dealdog:

I had a Huewai 858 for 2 years. 

you don't even know what a smartbrick is

15 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I had a Huewai 858 for 2 years. 

you don't even know what a smartbrick is

as in a [hone with a 2.5inch touchscreen that sometimes works with android 2.3 and not enough internal memory to updategoogle play services so the google works so i cant download anything? or is yours even more cancerous?

Just now, OOPMan said:

This is odd. In another thread @BlackAdder was saying that Apple doesn't charge for this kind of replacement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

its apple, they make stuff that works but when it stops working it hurts :(

Apple's approach to tech is rather smart in a way. Tell people you are making great shit. Then when it breaks, make them feel good by making you think you got a rare broken one, give them a new one. It basically turns a negative client experience into a positive one. Most of their profits would be coming from the initial sales anyway.

25 minutes ago, garryallen said:

as in a [hone with a 2.5inch touchscreen that sometimes works with android 2.3 and not enough internal memory to updategoogle play services so the google works so i cant download anything? or is yours even more cancerous?

pretty much, yes.

you're out of memory space after one app unless you have an SD card, Android 2.2, lagged to hell. 

38 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

This is odd. In another thread @BlackAdder was saying that Apple doesn't charge for this kind of replacement. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

Yep. Never paid anything for Apple product in warranty. 

They even replaced working MBO in MBP after warranty just for precaution... 

2 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

pretty much, yes.

you're out of memory space after one app unless you have an SD card, Android 2.2, lagged to hell. 

i go an sd card (only 1.5ish gb tho). but i can;t move google play services is 70mb out of my 140 total storage space, of which i have ten spare after that and th pre installed apps, and it needs 30 mb to update.... so i can't download anything else