Jump to content
NightmareMk9

Class Action Lawsuit filed against Apple for Touchscreen Defect in the 6 and 6 plus

Recommended Posts

Over priced ishit :doge:

S7 edge checking in

13 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

I don't know how I would live without my Note 5.

Replace it with note 7 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never purchase the phone warranty and mine was over a year old.  That is the reason I had to pay the replacement fee.

iPhone (and an old ass iPod) are the only 2 Apple Products that have ever interested me.  I had one of the AudioVox Windows smart phones (XV6700), what a total piece of SHIT.

iPhone works, if I could figure out how the fuck to get it to backup properly on my PC it would be nearly perfect.

We are on our 4th generation of  iPhone (3GS,4,5,6Plus,6s) and my daughter has an iPad2.  So with all the shared cables and programs it is just easy to all be on the same platform. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

By the time I get around to buying a new phone the Note 8 will probably be out.

The Phablet is still better than the non stylus counter part. Im planning on switching mine once the unlocked verison come out. @Assassin7 will be annoyed about it but i plannned on using the phone till it breaks like my 4S

:doge:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

iPhone works, if I could figure out how the fuck to get it to backup properly on my PC it would be nearly perfect.

1. Plug in iDevice

2. Open iTunes

3. Backup

It's that simple, optionally use encrypted data to transfer "sensitive stuff" that normal backup skipping.

 

That's one of the best futures of Apple devices, easy backup and restore. Via PC or iCloud, works like charm.

Unlike Android counterparts without unified software (iTunes), I literally running my iPhone 5 backup (upgraded to 5S>6>6S) without problem with all my data and messages dated few years back. Simply amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

1. Plug in iDevice

2. Open iTunes

3. Backup

It's that simple, optionally use encrypted data to transfer "sensitive stuff" that normal backup skipping.

 

That's one of the best futures of Apple devices, easy backup and restore. Via PC or iCloud, works like charm.

Unlike Android counterparts without unified software (iTunes), I literally running my iPhone 5 backup (upgraded to 5S>6>6S) without problem with all my data and messages dated few years back. Simply amazing.

I plug in my Moto X and browse files on it just like I would with a flashdrive.  I don't even need to download any programs to access my phone on my computer over USB.

Checkmate Apple drone :^)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

I plug in my Moto X and browse files on it just like I would with a flashdrive.  I don't even need to download any programs to access my phone on my computer over USB.

Checkmate Apple drone :^)

And you can seamless transfer all data like you never changed phone for years? Btw i can browse data too, but I think you are just another fanboy without backup. 

I'm using iCloud since it's introduced, and i can now throw my phone into toilet use new one and restore everything like i never throw old one. If you can do that with Android, mea culpa. But I waiting for enlightenment :)

EDIT

Somebody will really push me into Android testing :kappa:

http://www.howtogeek.com/125375/how-to-create-a-full-android-phone-or-tablet-backup-without-rooting-or-unlocking-your-device/

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

The Phablet is still better than the non stylus counter part. Im planning on switching mine once the unlocked verison come out. @Assassin7 will be annoyed about it but i plannned on using the phone till it breaks like my 4S

:doge:

wait what why will I be annoyed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

And you can seamless transfer all data like you never changed phone for years? Btw i can browse data too, but I think you are just another fanboy without backup. 

I'm using iCloud since it's introduced, and i can now throw my phone into toilet use new one and restore everything like i never throw old one. If you can do that with Android, mea culpa. But I waiting for enlightenment :)

S7, S7 Edge & Note 7 gets 15gb storage on google drive. iCloud you only get 5GB..

34 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

wait what why will I be annoyed?

You always talk about how you're annoyed at people upgrading their phones every year. Im doing this just once. My 4S died on me so I had to get an S7 edge (Note 7 wasnt release yet). I planned on switching for the Note 7 around New Years. Usually I use my phones to around 4-5 years before I buy a new one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MAJEST1C said:

S7, S7 Edge & Note 7 gets 15gb storage on google drive. iCloud you only get 5GB..

You always talk about how you're annoyed at people upgrading their phones every year. Im doing this just once. My 4S died on me so I had to get an S7 edge (Note 7 wasnt release yet). I planned on switching for the Note 7 around New Years. Usually I use my phones to around 4-5 years before I buy a new one.

This explains literally nothing. If you can fully backup and restore device I'm apologizing. But if you only can backup some data it's no match for Apple. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck iCloud, not uploading any of my shit to Apple.

iTunes Backup is a pile of feces, it just makes a new 10gb file every time I backup.

Basic Backup is fine, syncing music and photos is a nightmare.  WARNING YOU ARE ABOUT TO DELETE ALL THE PHOTOS ON THE PHONE.

I was also unable to restore my iPhone 5 from ANY of the backups.

I manually backup the photos with Windows and can live if I lose everything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

This explains literally nothing. If you can fully backup and restore device I'm apologizing. But if you only can backup some data it's no match for Apple. 

You can fully backup and restore the device. There are also many different methods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MAJEST1C said:

You can fully backup and restore the device. There are also many different methods.

Again i see no clear answer. Can you hook up device, do copy/past backup, and get all data and user customizations on new Android phone???

Don't give me cheap shit, overpriced arguments again. Plain simple, can you "clone" old phone to new one? If you can't please don't post anything anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried keeping my motorola Razr M (the kevlar equipped smart phone ) and when switched to AT n T they literally gave me S7 stating that the Razr M was to old and at risk b/c of the batteries age which i'll give them credit on that model was not replaceable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/08/2016 at 9:09 AM, BlackAdder said:

Yep. Never paid anything for Apple product in warranty. 

 

They even replaced working MBO in MBP after warranty just for precaution... 

Yes but you're in the EU where there is an enforced 24 month warranty - they don't have that in the US

16 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

This explains literally nothing. If you can fully backup and restore device I'm apologizing. But if you only can backup some data it's no match for Apple. 

You could do a NAND backup to an external SD card and easily restore from that (with the S7)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Again i see no clear answer. Can you hook up device, do copy/past backup, and get all data and user customizations on new Android phone???

Don't give me cheap shit, overpriced arguments again. Plain simple, can you "clone" old phone to new one? If you can't please don't post anything anymore. 

What I was saying is yes, you can do all of the methods including cloning old phone data to new one. It even allowed me to cloned all the data from my 4S to the S7 edge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, It's_Matra said:

Yes but you're in the EU where there is an enforced 24 month warranty - they don't have that in the US

You could do a NAND backup to an external SD card and easily restore from that (with the S7)

NAND require root?

 

AFAIK there is no solution to fully transfer all on android, and i was moked here for simple usb stick stlye c/p.

 

So next time think before you post. You can hate Apple but you can't deny them some stuff that really simple work.

Also paging @Private_Miros to move posts to phone discussion thread from few days ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Also paging @Private_Miros to move posts to phone discussion thread from few days ago. 

I lurk but don't read every single thread... Where, what, how, link reason?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

I lurk but don't read every single thread... Where, what, how, link reason?

Basically we spam this thread with non-related stuff, and we have more appropriate thread. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Basically we spam this thread with non-related stuff, and we have more appropriate thread. 

 

Eh, to me still a significant difference in topic. Apple law suit compared to mobile phones in general...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to get into the phone related pissing contest, but my 6 actually seems to be okay from a screen standpoint. I think it probably has to do with the case I have it in, which is hard-backed leather with a flip-cover, so the phone is insulated from the bending force.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my 6 Plus in a Speck Candyshell since the day I purchased it and I don't sit on my phone.  But I think that flexion of the phone may be a major factor in the touchscreen problem.

When my phone first started to exhibit the problem I could flex/twist the phone slightly and the touchscreen would work again.  The problem got more severe over the next week or two.

I think Apple screwed up on the 6Plus by making the phone too easy to bend.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

NAND require root?

AFAIK there is no solution to fully transfer all on android, and i was moked here for simple usb stick stlye c/p.

So next time think before you post. You can hate Apple but you can't deny them some stuff that really simple work.

adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]

That will do everything bar calendar information and contacts (which are synched through your Google account anyway if you enabled that option) for Android 4.0+

No root required

I thought before I posted so I hope the later comment isn't aimed at myself, I posted no Apple hate prior

- though they do steal other people's ideas and peddle them as their own over-priced ideas 2 years later. *cough* multi-point touchscreen, MMS, Swype (also ripped off by Swiftkey tbf), GIFs, Stylus/Smart Pen, Apps (though in Apple's defense they did produce the first easy way of purchasing/installing apps, previously they were horrible JAVA based things) *cough*

9 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I think Apple screwed up on the 6Plus by making the phone too easy to bend.

That's because people are using them wrong by putting them in their pockets to carry

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...