MetGreDKo

9.16 supertest

I mean seriously, if I want to rage about how retarded my team is, there is no point raging about it to MY TEAM, they obviously KNOW they are idiots - I need to rage about it to the other team.  WG has this one backwards.

:QBSeal:

Hit log + multi-row carousel = another step towards vanilla skies forever.

The spotting thing will probably raise my winrate a tiny percentage all by its self.

1 hour ago, Gr1nch_1 said:

Imo ability to click autoaim while driving, avoiding fire, angleing or whatnot is a skill.  Its fair for those who are better at it to use it to their advantage and thats why i think that autoaim plus or just larger area that autoaims would give an unfair advantage

Not every form of skill is desirable in a game. Core mechanics don't have to be hard. If instead of using WASD to navigate the movement controls hopped randomly from key to key and your hand had to dance around the keyboard to keep your tank rolling, doing that well would be a skill. But I don't think the addition of that element of skill would improve the game. 

Naturally the choices about which elements of a game should be difficult for players involve some subjectivity. My own opinion is that 1-pixel precise fine motor skills don't need to be emphasized in this game. That sort of idea is why auto-aim exists in the first place. (Manually aiming while racing in circles is also a skill. Remove auto-aim, it gives an unfair advantage.)

19 minutes ago, Folterknecht said:

Autoaim should be removed completly

WoT is not twitch FPS shooter, and in most of the cases autoaim is useless anyway. That auto aim mod is too much.

On 9/1/2016 at 8:38 AM, Gr1nch_1 said:

Imo ability to click autoaim while driving, avoiding fire, angleing or whatnot is a skill.  Its fair for those who are better at it to use it to their advantage and thats why i think that autoaim plus or just larger area that autoaims would give an unfair advantage

I think the autoaim area is determined by the number of pixels because when I switched from my old monitor to my new one in which all the UI features are literally like half the size autoaim became much harder to engage. With the old monitor autoaim would generally lock if the cursor was generally over the tank. With the new monitor t would only lock on a very small area in the center of the tank which made it completely pointless. Autoaim+ is broken being able to go through walls and terrain but the current autoaim is still shit.

... autoaim is fine the way it is. If you can't see the outline, you can't autoaim the tank. There is no secret to it, just click on the tank and it will lock. Autoaim+ is unfair and should be illegal, but so many people use it already that it won't be changed. 

Reasons why I autoaim like a whore (picked it up from Straik):

- It begins aiming the gun so I can make quick peeks and reduce damage taken

- When I'm trying to find gun depression in sniper mode, I don't have to move my mouse 20 inches down to get max depression

- Helps to align the server reticle so I can peek around a building and not hit the wall 90 degrees to the left/right

- Allows my gun to stay on a tank so I can look around while reloading (better situational awareness)

Probably more reasons that I can't think of at the moment, but autoaiming is extremely advantageous in more ways than just right click/left click. I rarely autoaim a tank without unlocking to adjust aim anyway. For those reasons, autoaim should stay in the game, imo.

2 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

Autoaim should be removed completly

>mains arty :doge: 

I really do hope EU gets the same deal too. I mean, they have no reason at all to keep this NA exclusive since it'll make the EU playerbase happier as well? I wouldn't exactly pay twice for any prem if I already sold it so I don't see how anyone else would either so not really any money lost for the great corporation :kappa: 

Edit: (From EU website)

Players often contacted us about selling a tank or dismissing a tank crew by accident, and in the past, the only way to solve this was to contact our Customer Service Centre.

Starting with update 9.16, players will be able to restore Special or Premium vehicles and dismissed crew members right from the Garage, without any need to contact CS.

This looks like it'll be from the point of 9.16 which is pointless to me, rip

5 hours ago, MetGreDKo said:

Removal of all-talk. No longer talking with the opposing team in all modes except team training, See a friend on the other team? No more hellos. Some other chat stuff.

I'd rather get stuck with the cancer of 10.0 "Rubicon" than suffer such a fate

4 hours ago, Rexxie said:

XVM features included are amazing; the carousel and damage hitlogs are two of the biggest things missing from vanilla. I think this is the point where XVM starts to die off.

Now if only they tidied up the end game stuff so you can see if you made a profit/loss (and total dmg) without clicking through tabs - a nicer summary at the end of the game.

The damagelog won't be introduced for a very long time iirc, if at all

It's also kinda nice you won't occasionally have frustrated shitters giving your position away anymore. It's one of the few things that really trigger me.

I normally dislike such limitations but the more I think about it the more I find it appleaing. 

8 hours ago, leggasiini said:

No HD models?

*obj 268 cries in corner for one more patch*

I'm betting they're just omitting that in the supertest notes in favor of actual features

They started the HD conversions two and a half years ago, and by my estimates they still have at least another year before they finish

Lot of EU players in this thread saying its good because of other players revealing their positions, is it that common on EU for that to happen? I've seen it on NA maybe, once?

Any all chat I see on NA, is 95% clan recruitment or fuck arty, and 5% clanmates talking to eachother

6 minutes ago, Migizikody said:

Lot of EU players in this thread saying its good because of other players revealing their positions, is it that common on EU for that to happen? I've seen it on NA maybe, once?

Any all chat I see on NA, is 95% clan recruitment or fuck arty, and 5% clanmates talking to eachother

its very common. shitters gets annoyed at you for whatever reason.

im a little worried about that new spotting mechanic... yeah, looks greats, but it will give you less time to react when you get spotted and get one shotted by arta, or maybe im wrong xD but i have the doubt