leggasiini

LETS IMAGINE THAT WE ARE DEVS: How would you buff/nerf/balance some tanks?

Simple. You just played a tank and think its a shit? Well just think how would it be buffed, and share your impressions here. You just got smashed by a OP tank? Well, same, just share your impression how you would nerf it.

In this thread, me, you and everyone can imagine that we are "developers". WG obviously are sloths when it comes to rebalancing tanks...so, why dont imagine a buff/nerf by yourself?

It would be nice if you gave small explaination. Have fun!

Here is few ideas of mine:

Object 268

Aim time: 2.7 seconds -> 2.1 seconds

Gun depression: 5 degrees -> 8 degrees

Dispersion on move: 0.21 -> 0.18

Dispersion on tank traverse: 0.21 -> 0.14

Introduce it HD model which gives it historical dimensions (slight nerf, as it becomes taller -> camo probably gets slightly nerfed)

HP: 1950 -> 2050

Explaination: To "modernize" 268 to meta. Significantly faster aim time and much better dispersion on traverse makes it much better at close range. -8 depression makes it much better at ridges. Size will be increased with HD model and camo possibly slightly nerfed. This is compensated by slight health buff. These changes would make 268 much more effective at close range, so its no longer limited to be "shitty sniper". The thing is, almost every tier X TD is minmaxed abomination. Thus, the 268 would be actual "jack of all trades, master of none" TD. 

Type 4 Heavy

Accuracy: 0.42 -> 0.39

Penetration (AP): 249 -> 259

Penetration (gold AP): 282 -> 302

HP: 2050 -> 2300

Type 5 Heavy

Accuracy: 0.40 -> 0.37

Penetration (AP): 249 -> 259

Penetration (gold AP): 282 -> 302

HP: 2900 -> 3200

Explaination: Both, but especially Type 5 heavily struggles fighting against another heavily armored tank. The gold pen + accuracy makes it really, really problematic. It cant pen the E100 from turret even with gold (expect unangled from less than 100 metres, which even still is not quaranteed). These tanks are absolutely gigantic, while they doesnt have the best armor in their tiers, which is why these tanks should have absolutely gargantuan HP pools. That along with having ability to actually pen stuff would give them very interesting playstyle.

Churchill I

RoF: 12,5 -> 14

Depression: -4 -> -8

Churchill VII

Gun depression: -4 -> -8

Rof: 13.95 -> 15

FIX THE DAMN TRACK WEAKSPOTS!!

Black Prince

New gun: 20pdr A barrel

Caernarvon

Give the stock turret ability to mount both 20 pdr guns

New gun: L7A1 (AP with 225 pen as regular ammo, APCR as gold)

Explaination: The UK heavy line from tier 5 - 8 is simply hell grind. Gun depression and slight DPM buff makes Church 1 more competitive, same for Churchill 7 along with fix of those bloody track things. Black Prince and Caernarvon have laughably low damage in their tiers, so BP deserves 20pdr as top gun, while Caernarvon should get variant of L7A1 with AP as regular round and APCR (effectively regular of Cent 7/1, CAX and charioteer as gold) as gold ammo. Penetration-wise, it would resemble IS-3's 122mm gun.

Dispersion buff for Leopard 1.

Only the paper mediums and LTs should have "good" view range. So nerf the rest (heavies, russian meds etc) to around 380-390m region.

121 should have faster AP or switch to APCR as standard.

Nerf Grille 15s top speed.

Dont wanna elaborate these right now....

Allow the AMX 40 to hold 55kph. That's all I ask!

I'll stick mostly to French tanks since that is what I know best. In no particular order...

SAu S40: Give it better viewrange/gunhandling so it's not inferior to the Hetzer in every aspect. Maybe a bit better pen on the non-derp guns.

AMX M4 45: Buff gun depression to the sides of the tank. As far as I can tell there is nothing in the way that makes -10 degrees suddenly become -1...

ARL 44: Give back it's pre-HD hull armor, buff gun mantlet slightly so it can brawl better. Turret front/cheeks remain weak but its survivability in close quarters is increased.

AMX 50 Foch: Buff reverse speed to 15-20kph (up from the unusable 10kph)

M4 (un)Improved: Give it the M3 Lee's RoF OR limited MM

Foch 155: Shell damage to 550, inter-clip reload to 3.75s, clip reload to 38s. Buff mobility (give back old engine and buff reverse speed to 20kph). Return side armor to 50mm.

ARL V39: Give the stock gun 25-30 rpm. Just for the lols.

Japanese Heavies tiers 6-8: Please give them some frontal weakspots, even if they're small. With the corridor meta being what it is, fighting them even at the same tier is frustrating unless you press '2'. Nerf O-I viewrange to 340 or something. 360(?) is too much.

1 minute ago, dualmaster333 said:

So you're a dev now?

Shoot yourself, you've been terrible at your job for so many years now.

D:

ur mean, say it again and i replace your every single tank with o-hos

1 hour ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Rework 100% of the maps

/thread

Yup. 

A couple things in particular come to mind. 

The map pool needs more variety. I know the large size of the game presents an obstacle to creating too many new resources, but creatively playing around with existing resources could easily make more visually distinct maps. Heck, we used to have more visual variety. Hidden Village was pretty and Pearl River was somewhat novel.

The maps need better balance. Asymmetry is fine, but you have to stay on top of map performance on the live server and keep working to balance the sides. 

And of course it wouldn't hurt to make most maps less corridor-y, though perhaps vehicle balance has to be adjusted in tandem. 

I would buff the reverse speed on the Hellcat to 20kph, and buff the traverse speed so it actually turns better than a charging rhino. 

I would nerf the hell out of the Grilles Gun handling. Its too accurate for a 150.  

I would make the T22 as mobile as the IS-7. 

I would slightly nerf the E5s LFP (its tumor can stay like that, having a giant autopen weakspot isnt fair, but the LFP is kinda bullshit)

I would buff the T-34/100s gun handling to be not aids. 

I would buff the pen on all low alpha tier 7 meds to around 160ish each. (so Comet, T-43, Panther)

I would make the Inter clip reload on the Bat 58 a second longer (so it cant permatrack people any more, thats just unfair) 

I would nerf the M53/M55 so its not better than tier 10 arties at tier 9 (I have no idea why this hasnt been sorted yet, ffs. Its obviously overppowered when its one of the two clans wars viable arties and its not even tier 10)

I would rename the M48A1 to the M48A5. Seeing as how the M48 is currently using the 105mm that the A5 used it might as well as get the turret without the tumor.

Norwegian_Army_M48A5.jpg

Also I might try buffing the E100's 128mm's RoF a little. That way the 128mm wouldn't be a terrible option, and grinding the 15cm wouldn't be as bad. Also while on subject of the E100 I would buff it's AP pen from 235 to 245-250.

I would change the TVP's reload speed in the clip from 1.5 seconds to 1.75/1.8.

I would give most tanks more ammo capacity. I'm looking at you BatChat.

I would give the Foch 155 back some of it's armor or maneuverability. Maybe a little of both. Or some gun handling.

I would give the Leopard 1 less dispersion when turning the hull.

29 minutes ago, mereelskirata said:

I would rename the M48A1 to the M48A5. Seeing as how the M48 is currently using the 105mm that the A5 used it might as well as get the turret without the tumor.

Norwegian_Army_M48A5.jpg

Also I might try buffing the E100's 128mm's RoF a little. That way the 128mm wouldn't be a terrible option, and grinding the 15cm wouldn't be as bad. Also while on subject of the E100 I would buff it's AP pen from 235 to 245-250.

I would change the TVP's reload speed in the clip from 1.5 seconds to 1.75/1.8.

I would give most tanks more ammo capacity. I'm looking at you BatChat.

I would give the Foch 155 back some of it's armor or maneuverability. Maybe a little of both. Or some gun handling.

I would give the Leopard 1 less dispersion when turning the hull.

blitz is actually getting that turret for the M48, now only the cheeks will be pennable (and they're much stronger too), as the tumor is gone.

Would be nice if they had a look at the first gen scouts that were power creeped. Eg a gun buff for the type 62 would at least make it similar to the tree equivalents that it's supposedly balanced with.

I rarely venture below T8 so most of my suggestions will be general or above T8 pretty much. 

Artillery:

For the entire class in general I'd put a 5 second delay in bird view. Targets actually sitting still would get the same results but those bullshit shots on the move or anything moving in an unpredictable manner will be rewarded. It'll also take the issue of heavies playing corners to not get shot everytime they move out simply because they have to, to be able to fight, getting artied to death.

There are so many alternative fixes for arty but I currently feel like this is the way to make arty do what it's supposed to, and not free to do whatever it wishes with no drawbacks at all. (Less overhauls required and balancing for every single arty)

M53/55 also gets uptiered and T92 is nerfed and downtiered or simply replaced. 

TDs:

Nerfs:

FV215b 183  - This pile of RNG needs to go. Not just nerfed. Completely go away. 183mm guns have no place in a game as slow paced here. It rewards mediocrity which is alright, but in the way where being mediocre is what this tanks gimmick is. WG themselves talked a lot about players making mistakes being too costly and somehow completely overlooked how the big alpha guns are the most punishing for small slip-ups. Up tier the Tortoise with HP and a slight gun handling buff along with the removal of the tumour and it will be not only more sensible in how the tank line plays, but also a better tank rewarding better positioning. Same goes for the FV4005 but it has the problem as a the waffle does so it's not really an issue since nobody ever plays it. 

Grille 15 - I don't really care for this tank at all. The waffle was literally better for gameplay than this. Waffle was an XP pinata once it showed itself and only idiots was regularly getting caught by one anyway. What they could do however is a severe mobility nerf. If they want to keep the gun this good, make it slow as hell. This thing Leo1s better than a Leo1 in every way along with having much more staying power due to alpha and absolutely ridiculous aim times. This can keep the gun if it rewards proper positioning. Not yolo wherever rolling your head onto your WASD keys takes you and be able to fight there because the exposure time is so small. Another TD with a shitty gun would be boring and it'd be even more RNG. TDs with big guns really need to be slow or they start breaking gameplay. 

JGPZ E 100 - This actually works pretty well. It's not HESH so it doesn't rape every single module when getting hit and it's weak as hell once it's fired and also incredibly slow. I'd just make the tiny cupola an inch bigger for lower tier tanks even having a chance against a dug in JGPZ they will never be able to outplay unless he fires to get to him.

Skorpion G - WG really outdid themselves here and it's a tank that will be impossible to balance well, the gun can stay but the platform is too good.. but nerfing that is killing the tank and it's a generic T8 TD then. 

ISU 152/SU 152 - 750/700 alpha on their tier is just absolutely freaking retarded. Tanks might still be pretty poor in some aspects but that alpha is just simply too high. Give them a bit more mobility and armour and a fast firing 122m with decent accuracy. 

Rebalances: 

Object 263 - This doesn't need a buff, nor a nerf. What it needs it just some adjustments. The open top is stupid silly for a tank that is supposed to be armoured and assaulting. Close the roof and give it enough of a sidearmour/gun arc combo to be able to sidescrape while firing (should however be pennable through drivewheel instead) and decreasing the DPM a bit instead. 

Conway - It needs a rebalance. The tank silhouette could shrink in return for less DPM? DPM is what this tank does and literally the only thing it does well right now so making it smaller (and everything that comes with it, camo, weight, HP/ton and so on) for slightly worse DPM could seem like a possible trade to make it work better in randoms. 

Buffs: 

Foch 155 - Either old armour, mobility or gun back. Take your pick. One of them would make this tank a million times better and hopefully enough to not have to dread every second of playing it. 

Object 268 - Fix that shell velocity ASAP, otherwise it's fine. 

T110E4 - This thing has nothing over the E5 right now except godly APCR and almost twice the alpha, otherwise it is worse in every way. It needs to get at least armour on par with E5 since it only has half a turret, less mobility and and gun handling. It's still going to be easier to kill than an E5 considering how slow this thing really is. 

T25/2 - needs a penetration buff. The platform is pretty good and it translates very well to a Hellcat/T20 hybrid, but it doesn't get to share the best common factor of them both being the great guns for tier. Give it the T20 gun. 

I don't have any more TDs that come to mind...I bet there are a few but I simply don't play them enough. 

Lights:

The class in itself just got creeped to shit by corridor metas. It's impossible to balance these with their MM weight. The T8 lights are all better than T8 meds so giving them regular matchmaking won't fix it. Nerfing them to give them T8MM wouldn't work either due to lack of stuff to do in T10 games. The only tank that is truly 100% shit is the Type 62 that needs the gold pen back. Anything else relies more on maps themselves than the actual tanks. 

Heavies: 

Nerfs: 

T110E5 - it can keep the retarded armour as long as they cut the depression and gun handling. It works too well at doing everything and it needs to have situations where it can actually be outplayed that doesn't involve the E5 being an idiot. 

T-10 - the spaced armour needs fixing. It bounces way too many flat side shells. It should be enough amounts of spaced armour so it can still reverse sidescrape properly etc though

IS-3 - russia good yea

IS-6 - russia good yea

O-I Exp - Give it a small gun to compensate for everything else

O-I - please no KV-2s while being better in every way, just give it the current O-I Exp gun

Rebalances:

113 - This thing can get a bit worse DPM and mobility in exchange for the retarded module damage. 

M103 - simply removing the cupola on top of the turret and giving it some form of a drawback would be awesome, the new hull armour actually allows it work as a heavy, now just use the turret as well

Buffs:

IS-4 - the 40mm engine deck gets sniped when sidescraping which is literally the only way to play this tank and with Grilles in the game that's simply just not an option anymore.

Maus - this thing travels slow as fuck, the gun acts as if it was moving at 60kph, fix that.

Type 5/4 - needs guns to work as well, pen buffs so they can fight eachother without it being like PzIIJ v PzIIJ

O-HO -  at least try to make the armour an upgrade over the T7, hell even make the turret spaced or whatever to actually soak instead pinataing 

Mediums:

Nerfs:

TVP/Skoda - These are too good, needs DPM nerfs because everything else will ruin the tanks completely

That's pretty much it besides some poor T8 meds that WG already confirmed they will fix. (T44,P2.P88 etc)

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

T25/2 - needs a penetration buff. The platform is pretty good and it translates very well to a Hellcat/T20 hybrid, but it doesn't get to share the best common factor of them both being the great guns for tier. Give it the T20 gun. 

But...  The T20 has 10mm less pen.  I think at tier 7 185 or 190 would make this umpteen times better.  I actually really enjoyed it when I ground it and it's one of my highest WN8 tanks.  Maybe give it some more mobility and it would be pretty kickass.

2 hours ago, cavman276 said:

But...  The T20 has 10mm less pen.  I think at tier 7 185 or 190 would make this umpteen times better.  I actually really enjoyed it when I ground it and it's one of my highest WN8 tanks.  Maybe give it some more mobility and it would be pretty kickass.

Just give it a faster rotating turret and a bit of a reverse buff.

-

Give every tier 7-8 med an across the board 10mm pen buff and 5 KPH speed buff.  

One of the few sandbox changes I liked was the vision rebalance that enabled LTs to outspot everything.

Nerf the E5s LFP.  Please no bully cupola.

T28 Proto.  Seriously, just give it the top T29 engine and let it actually utilize its top speed.  Also, trim the amount of XP needed to reach the top gun, the T28P grind is horrid.

Fix the 12t engine module HP.  It is lower than most tier 3 lights.

2 hours ago, cavman276 said:

>standard ammo :minglee: 

Gib Maus 8s reload and good dispersion.

Make people afraid to brawl it.