Valachio

The Unicum Edition Watch by Valachio

How interested are you in purchasing The Unicum Edition?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How interested are you in purchasing The Unicum Edition?

• I will buy it. (100% chance of purchase)
    • I am very interested in buying it. (75% chance of purchase)
    • I'm interested. (50% chance of purchase)
    • I'm kinda interested, but not really (25% chance of purchase)
    • I won't be buying it. (0% chance of purchase)

I came, I promised, and I'm here to deliver.  It is here, ladies and gentlemen.  The Unicum Edition (which I'll refer to as TUD from now on), by yours truly, Valachio.

Your win rate is guaranteed to go up by at least 25% if you wear TUD while playing tanks.  As long as you remember to chant the song of TUD before each match and have Warpacks v3.104 installed.

Like seriously.  No joke.  The only thing you have to worry about is having too high of a win rate, in which case you'll be XVM-sniped by arty every game, and lose enjoyment in the game.  But hey, at least you'll quit with an 80% win rate, and have many stories to tell your great-grand children.

So....  are you ready?  Are you ready to live the miserable 75% win rate life that I have been living?  If you are, then it's time for you to pick up a TUD.

Picture Album

Website Link

Okay enough with the false marketing.  I'm actually quite excited to present this creation to you guys.  TUD is basically an upgraded version of the Pantiam collection.  It features purple watch hands, 'Unicum Edition' printed on the dial in purple, and a purple Italian calfskin strap.  The main upgrade that will come with TUD is instead of having a flat sapphire crystal, it will utilise a double-domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating.  It will also come with a deployment clasp instead of a regular tang buckle, which helps greatly with maintaining the strap.

So how will this work?  As much as I want to provide a unique product to the Wotlabs community, I am also running a business.  So I'll be honest and say that I need to turn a profit with this little venture.  Before I order TUD in bulk, I'm going to be running a little crowdfunding campaign here on Wotlabs.  If enough people make a pre-order, I'll be ordering a production run.  If the interest is not high enough, then I'll delay this venture indefinitely until a point where I'm comfortable making an investment in a production run of TUD where there is a possibility that my business will lose money.  In the end, I do want to make TUD a reality for people who want it, even if the time and effort I put into it is not worth the return on investment.  Why?  Because I love tanks, it has been a central part of my mid-teen years.  The experiences I experienced playing this game, the people I met, and the WGLNA seasons I played has greatly shaped the man I am today.  Melodramatic, I know, but it's true.

I'm looking at $199 USD for the retail price.  Pre-orders will come with a slight discount.

I'm going to run the poll for a bit to gauge the interest from the community.  Once I'm ready, I'll start taking pre-orders on the website.

Any questions please ask!

Also would anyone be interested in purchasing the sample of the TUD?  It is the watch you see in the picture album.

NEW AUTOMATIC COLLECTION BOIS!!

Through the roof on the interest levels, unfortunately broke university student syndrome is preventing the whole affordability thing quite a bit :-/

Edit: also says it sold out on the website, so im guessing everyone else is just as interested

I already got the blue version, because I'm not a uniscum.

YSCjkf0.jpg

While I know nothing about watches, I do like this watch quite a lot.  I really like the clean simple look.

That and the blueness of the watch really puts me back in my place when I start sperging.

8 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Through the roof on the interest levels, unfortunately broke university student syndrome is preventing the whole affordability thing quite a bit :-/

Edit: also says it sold out on the website, so im guessing everyone else is just as interested

I'm not taking pre-orders on the website yet!  That's why it is out of stock

1 hour ago, RedwoodOriginal said:

Do you plan to sell watches with automatic mechanism?

We have been working on an automatic collection.  It will be launched on Kickstarter soon.  Here is a teaser trailer.

No Unicum Edition for the automatic collection though unfortunately :)

Automatic collection with black background looks gorgeous, well done!

I'm willing to replace my watch, that is wearing out a bit, but unfortunately at the moment I cannot afford to change it :(

5 hours ago, Valachio said:

We have been working on an automatic collection.  It will be launched on Kickstarter soon.  Here is a teaser trailer.

No Unicum Edition for the automatic collection though unfortunately :)

That i will buy. And, i would like to say that Miyota movment is great choice.

1 hour ago, RedwoodOriginal said:

That i will buy. And, i would like to say that Miyota movment is great choice.

It is probably the most cost/performance efficient choice for a microbrand like me

On 9/2/2016 at 9:54 AM, Britzz said:

Automatic collection with black background looks gorgeous, well done!

I'm not a huge fan of that beefy knurled crown, but otherwise I'd agree. I also only use my seconds hand to make sure the watch is running, so given that it has an open heart I'd honestly like it without one.  

Also does that perlage on the open heart area come stock? Only ever Miyota movement I owned was in an NY0040 which I couldn't see. 

On 9/7/2016 at 3:16 AM, Animactus said:

I'm not a huge fan of that beefy knurled crown, but otherwise I'd agree. I also only use my seconds hand to make sure the watch is running, so given that it has an open heart I'd honestly like it without one.  

Also does that perlage on the open heart area come stock? Only ever Miyota movement I owned was in an NY0040 which I couldn't see. 

You mean if we decorated the open heart by ourselves?  No we did not, the Miyota 90S5 comes with an open heart that looks like that.