Shade421

Official Show Off Your Vehicle Thread!!

2 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

That RV looks pretty cool, has it been restored?

60% 

1 minute ago, Assassin7 said:

Bruh, hes like 22 or some shit. Any mustang for someone that young is fine in my book

Id never drive a mustang.

Except the new 5.0 with its flat crank.

Even then, it would be iffy. Such a bro car. 

On 9/4/2016 at 0:44 AM, Nelson2011 said:

*gorgeous fuckin truck*

Soooo....just in case you ever wanna sell that thing...I really don't care where you are you got a bidder...

4 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Bruh, hes like 22 or some shit. Any mustang for someone that young is fine in my book

Even totaled is good.

5 hours ago, Eggs_benedict_cumberbund said:

Finally flat plane in murica, but i think 350R is best. 

6 hours ago, Shade421 said:

Soooo....just in case you ever wanna sell that thing...I really don't care where you are you got a bidder...

I'll put you on the list :^)

Canada used to drive on the left side of the road too, from wikipedia:

Those parts of Canada that were still driving on the left changed over by 1924. Ontario and Québec drove on the right since before their takeover from the French, and were allowed to retain the custom. The central provinces also drove on the right. The eastern and western provinces changed to the right in stages: British Columbia on 1 January 1922, New Brunswick on 1 December 1922, Nova Scotia on 15 April 1923, and Prince Edward Island on 1 May 1924. Newfoundland changed to driving on the right in 1947 before becoming part of Canada in 1949.

This is why I need a big ass truck:

IMG_1129_zps59zre6el.jpg

I have owned the following Mustangs

1981 4 Cyl 5 spd - Blue - My first car, which I proceeded to flip upside down. RIP  Did I mention that I landed on top of the train tracks?  Probably lucky I didn't die...

8120Mustang_zpspyuql2qn.jpg~original

1980 6 Cyl Automatic - Grey - Total piece of crap, sold ASAP - No photos, F that POS

1982 5.0 H.O. 4 Spd - White with T-Tops (hellz yea).  Are those Duel Wiper Blades?  And some nice Enkei rims too.  The original rims were metric (no joke)

82%20Mustang_zpsmlayycyg.jpg~original

1990 5.0 5 Spd - White, but without that shit red stripe.  Great Car

91%20Mustang_zpsu2fpggox.jpg~original

And this is what a 1993 Probe looks like after it gets stolen from your driveway.  It was recovered less than 24 hrs later and less than 3 miles from my house

Probe_zpsyop1yqds.jpg~original

Sweden used to drive on the left, but also had the steering-wheel on the left. They swapped over in 1967. At an agreed date and time, the whole country just swapped sides of the road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagen_H

51 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

This is why I need a big ass truck:

IMG_1129_zps59zre6el.jpg

fucking hell. 

you see, we don't have those in NZ either. 

we have these:

maui_campervan_river.jpg

On 9/5/2016 at 10:35 PM, Eggs_benedict_cumberbund said:

60% 

Id never drive a mustang.

Even then, it would be iffy. Such a bro car. 

FYI, it's the 5.2 with the FPC.

And I'd rather have my bro car than a soccer mom SUV :minglee:

In all seriousness though, I went into it expecting to come out with the 5.0, but as a daily driver it's so boring not making any power until 4k rpm.  The Ecoboost was actually a pleasant surprise.  My little turbo 4 hits boost at like 1900 rpm, and I'm a mere tune and intercooler (both are already on order) from matching the 5.0's torque.  I decided that I'd rather put the 9 grand into mods than buy something straight off the lot and not have money to mod it.

I still really want a V8 someday though.  I'll probably look into a used GT350 in a few years for the weekend car.

@Shade421 So I found out why you guys don't get the Hilux: http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-new-toyota-hilux-the-type-of-truck-were-missing-in-america.html/?a=viewall

Turns out there is a US tax on imported light trucks. And Ford don't release the Ranger in the US because their heavier trucks like the F-150 and so forth sell well enough that there's no need to target the "reduced fat light truck" market :-)

@Assassin7 Based on the article it's also clear that while the F-150 is comparable to the Hilux in terms of mass and so forth, vehicles like the F-250, F-350 and F-450 are significantly heavier and beefier.

I hadn't even realized they stopped selling the Ranger here but I was never a fan of it anyway. Compared to its competition it was always under-powered with no benefit to compensate. I very much miss the Dodge Dakota and the Colorado's are getting huge and ugly. We do still have the Tacoma, Frontier, and Colorado so we aren't exactly barren on the mid size truck front. And if you're wiling to buy used, there's some offerings I would even argue are flat out better than the Hilux.

But could you leave any of those at the low tide mark overnight, set it on fire, drive it into various solid objects, and then leave it on top of a building which is then demolished, and still have it working with only basic tools? 

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

But could you leave any of those at the low tide mark overnight, set it on fire, drive it into various solid objects, and then leave it on top of a building which is then demolished, and still have it working with only basic tools? 

The Dodge Dakota/Durango from 2000-2004, yes. And they had way more power and comfort. The Ranger, probably would survive as well those things are notorious for being never-dying beater shitboxes. The Chevy S10 and Colorado, not a chance.

6 hours ago, Eggs_benedict_cumberbund said:

well my dad gave me a small loan of a million dollars. Could happen to you too! 

Could I have a small gift of ~300 grand? it'll only be like 200 grand US lel

On 9/3/2016 at 0:54 PM, NightmareMk9 said:

The truck is about 10 years old now and only has 48,000 miles on it.

DSCN2782%20-%20Copy%20Small_zpsanbd3kbp.

Gawd, I had one of these. White, with the 6.6 Diesel, Turbo Variable Vane, and Allison six speed tranny. had 8 foot bed with a cap on it. Used it to pull our Travel Trailer.

I miss it so bad. Sweet ride, enjoy.

12 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Gawd, I had one of these. White, with the 6.6 Diesel, Turbo Variable Vane, and Allison six speed tranny. had 8 foot bed with a cap on it. Used it to pull our Travel Trailer.

I miss it so bad. Sweet ride, enjoy.

that moment when my entire car is only 4 feet longer than the bed on your truck. 

(I just went and measured it lol, its 3.8m long)

My current vehicles are a;

2003 FPV BA GT-P #254 of 500

Runs the 5.4l Boss V8 and a 4 speed tiptronic auto. Didn't actually want a manual for my daily because of the project car. This thing is bloody immaculate. got 140,000 original km's on it. I'm the fourth owner and it's had nothing but logbook services and minor improvements done to it. But that's what you expect for a car this collectible.

20160909_114537.jpg

20160909_114542.jpg

And a 1998 Ford Falcon XH II XR6 Longreach ute that's my looooooooooonnnng term project.

It's a 4.0l inline six with a t5 manual going straight to a 8 1/4" 3.45 ratio LSD (9" coming when I find a disc one)

This is what it looked like the day I picked it up. Wasn't running at the time but I knew it was either the coil or the dizzy. Ended up swapping both to get it running, which ended up causing a whole lot of problems. Long story short the aftermarket dizzys were renowned for having a badly cut gear which causes it to strip the drive gear out in the motor which basically lead to needing a full rebuild.

CAM00345.jpg

So I ended up doing this

20141110_120223.jpg

In preparation for this

10339228_720674544675273_279663427769993

which still hasn't gone on due to a lack of time to start with and now money. I've got everything I need to get it running bar a few hoses and the aftermarket ECU at the moment. Problem is it's not something that has been done often so no one has a stock tune for me to load onto an ecu and get driveable. I've got to put it all together then trailer it three hours to the only place in the state with the chops to get it running right.

Apart from that I've started on the electricals and running gear as well as replacing panels that weren't straight and getting the other bits and pieces for the eventual vision to be done. Currently it looks like a box of shit.

20160909_114512.jpg

20160909_114522.jpg

and desperately needs painting but that's basically the last thing that's going to happen. I've got a full original body kit for it (skirts, front bar lip, rear pods) but intend on using a custom front bar that I've found. Guards are also going to be flared properly to get rid of the horrid rubbers that are just there to make it legal, rear rims are 15x10 front are 15x8, there's over a foot of rubber on the ground at the back. Also getting rid of the tow bar and modifying the rear bar for a twin system.

Running a Ceramic cushion button clutch to give driveability as well as being able to handle the eventual power. Also plan to get a t56 six speed and a custom two piece tail shaft made because I expect to put out about 1200nm of torque when the charger is bolted on. Already had a rear sway bar mounted and upgrade the front as well as rebuilding the calipers and putting slotted discs and new wheel bearings all the way round.

Have very big plans for the interior as well, doing a cab extension to make more room. Making the fuel tank compartments accessible from the tray and the cab (Has room for two tanks but the drivers side is empty so will be used for Auxiliary battery, amplifiers and storage. Hardest part of the whole thing will be taking the interior out of a wrecked ute the same as my BA and converting that into something that will work in the ute. It's been done twice before that I'm aware of an isn't easy but can be done.

Oh and eventually it's going to be a colour that tankers should love.

bsxagt1973p.jpg

Wild violet being an old Falcon GT colour and probably my all time favourite colour for cars.