A_Chodeful

Leo PTA - 41 games - 3700 DPG + 800 APG + 73% WR

Vision meta seems far from dead - if anything, it seems now that people 'believe' the vision meta is dead, they're passing up optics for vents/GLD, giving anyone who still loads optics an edge. 

Bonus - got top gun for LTTB and played 20 games, 2200 DPG~ and 80%~ WR solo: https://www.mediafire.com/?csrij7zrjpp6daq

Leopard PTA replays - I periodically tooned with randoms I met in pubs: http://www.mediafire.com/download/vx2v4anugql6fdq/20160906_0053_germany-G91_Pro_Ag_A_35_steppes.zip

Screenshot_1.png

Played 5 games with 90mm w/only 2500 DPG. Then I checked some patch notes and realized the 105mm got buffed.

I run Optics, Vertical Stabilizer, and Rammer. I've maxed out vision perks + BIA + camouflage (pays off with that 800 assist damage). Since I load double repairs + food, I don't bother training repairs. 

2 hours ago, A_Chodeful said:

Bonus - got top gun for LTTB and played 20 games, 2200 DPG~ and 80%~ WR solo: https://www.mediafire.com/?csrij7zrjpp6daq

You could really use -5° on that crap. 

Nice games btw ;)

Nice replays. Pta is one of my fave tanks. I kinda of like it better than the leo1. Not sure why.

9 hours ago, A_Chodeful said:

Vision meta seems far from dead - if anything, it seems now that people 'believe' the vision meta is dead, they're passing up optics for vents/GLD, giving anyone who still loads optics an edge. 

What is this, fucking inception man? Lost me right there.

1 hour ago, Valachio said:

You haven't responded to my FB messages fam

I deactivated Facebook. PM me. 

36 minutes ago, X3N4 said:

What is this, fucking inception man? Lost me right there.

Yeah man, I see alot of advocacy for vents > optics. People restricting themselves to a measly 445 while I roll around with 490 + 30/35% camouflage. 

Depends on the tank. 140/Bat/Leo should use optics while M48, 50b, E5 are better with vents. WG has stated they want to reduce the range of engagements, so vision meta is slowly dying. 

It's player preference anyway. Assuming your crew isn't trash, you can afford to lose ~40m view range and achieve similar results. City maps reduce the effectiveness of optics, but vents are useful on every map, so one choice isn't necessarily wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Vetro said:

Depends on the tank. 140/Bat/Leo should use optics while M48, 50b, E5 are better with vents. WG has stated they want to reduce the range of engagements, so vision meta is slowly dying. 

It's player preference anyway. Assuming your crew isn't trash, you can afford to lose ~40m view range and achieve similar results. City maps reduce the effectiveness of optics, but vents are useful on every map, so one choice isn't necessarily wrong. 

On the few maps that still have a vision-game going on, you become unspeakably dominant though - and even most city maps will feature some sort of vision-game lane. 

You spot anything and everyone at 445m whether they're stationary or moving (unless it's a medium/light that's got full skill camouflage) whereas with just 445, it's more like 400. If you look at the way the view range circle is set up, the area that's enveloped by the extra 45 meters is 445*445*3.14 - 400~*400~*3.14. That's about a 20% buff in terms of area coverage if we don't account for terrain interruptions. 

It's trading a tiny advantage for all maps for a huge advantage in some. 

I agree.

I think 400 base VR maxed out is 462 with vents and 495? with optics, so you do lose some vision against meds and lights. The other 50% of tanks still light immeditely, though. I'm testing optics on the E50 and haven't noticed a difference in DPG, so I think it balances out. 

18 hours ago, Kolni said:

I switched from vents to optics on all russian meds for the MoEs and it really did help, not with DPGs but with assisted. 800 to 1100 on average is enough to give you an extra push IMO. 

I've started using optics over vents/egld even on tanks like 112 and T34. With good crews and rations, that translates to 438m and 445m viewrage. It's was just for lols but I've found it so hilariously effective when solo pubbing I don't think I'll be going back to vents.

The Leo PTA in particular benefits from the extra view range. I tried running it with vents for a little while (I also had a trash crew without camo) and was constantly getting out-spotted by other mediums. Since the PTA has garbage DPM, garbage gun handling, and garbage armor it really needs at least an advantage when sniping from near max view range.

8 hours ago, Korb3n_Dallas said:

I really love the Leo 1 for it's speed and gun, but I do much better in the PTA vs the Leo 1.

Same. I think the fact you run into tier 7's from time to time means you can seriously dominate some games. I played this game literally just before reading this. http://wotreplays.com/site/2940263#stats . Not an awesome game but it does show how when the right circumstances evolve a pta can have as good a game as a leo 1. This can be said for most tier 9's though, it really is the god tier.

l9Jd5Yb.png