It's_Matra

What do you make of this? - New 'Hitlog'

vt4dtoobyaq.jpg

This appears to be the new hitlog for the vanilla client and to me it looks like

1. Total damage done

2. Total damage blocked

3. Platoon total damage? Assisted damage

4. Last shot

Basically the useful stuff for the reward missions...?? The same info that I put on my DamageLog... making it near enough redundant bar the nice pop-up msg when hit

Updated because people were too lazy to read the other posts

Since CT is offline for some reason, I can't test it myself. Looks like there isn't received damage counter? Also, there is an option for the spotted damage counter. It's nice to have all that info, but I don't like the way it looks. It's too clogged with all those icons, but thankfully there is an option to turn it off

9bnI40t.jpg

2 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

vt4dtoobyaq.jpg

This appears to be the new hitlog for the vanilla client and to me it looks like

1. Total damage done

2. Total damage blocked

3. Platoon total damage

4. Last shot

Basically the useful stuff for the reward missions...?? The same info that I put on my DamageLog... making it near enough redundant bar the nice pop-up msg when hit

I'd guess that 3 would be assisted instead of platoon dmg.

That is indeed what it looks like, spotted/assisted damage info would be AMAZING

I like that you can have it enabled with a hotkey too! Though is the table damage received or damage done? That to me looks like extra info that you'd get with the eagle eye perk (knocked out radio/radioman)

13 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Looks like somebody just stepped on XVMs grave . . . 

All they need now is a tidier players panel, better end game statistics and minimap traverse lines for TDs... THEN it's the death of XVM

3 minutes ago, MonoPanda said:

#MakeVanillaGreatAgain

I like the design as it doesn't look like a cheap ripoff. More customization options and everybody is happy.

Annoying thing is I spent months/years making my mods match the look and feel of the game, some of which I think are still better than the 'vanilla' options :P

no need to keep updating though soon

1 minute ago, Zezti said:

One of the few mods I miss having.

As long as XVM isn't put into vanilla, I'm happy.

I want an option to not share stats through the api and then I'll be happy. Stopped using xvm stats when I became blue and now I'm arty bait after turning purple, really annoying

1 minute ago, It's_Matra said:

I want an option to not share stats through the api and then I'll be happy. Stopped using xvm stats when I became blue and now I'm arty bait after turning purple, really annoying

But could you imagine if XVM went in vanilla with the 'win chance' bullshit and EVERY red took it as gospel? *shudder*

Back to the hitlog though - since it's WG's, I wonder if it will also add damage on unspotted enemies? No hitlog is currently capable of that because it's server side (I think?).

44 minutes ago, Zezti said:

But could you imagine if XVM went in vanilla with the 'win chance' bullshit and EVERY red took it as gospel? *shudder*

Back to the hitlog though - since it's WG's, I wonder if it will also add damage on unspotted enemies? No hitlog is currently capable of that because it's server side (I think?).

They already do which makes them retarded

As for the latter the information isn't passed to the client at any point, only displayed total at the end results

10 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

1. Total damage done

2. Total damage blocked

3. Platoon total damage

4. Last shot

Don't think anyone actually confirmed it but I just read over the patch notes and the third hit log is for damage caused with your assistance, not platoon damage

15 minutes ago, Toxic_Turtles690 said:

Don't think anyone actually confirmed it but I just read over the patch notes and the third hit log is for damage caused with your assistance, not platoon damage

Someone hasn't read the other posts :disco:

5 hours ago, It's_Matra said:

As for the latter the information isn't passed to the client at any point, only displayed total at the end results

It's only partially true. It's not passed when not spotted but as soon as it is you can query the spotted vehicle's health. So technically, you only are not able to detect changes in HP on unspotted tank due to self-inflicted or team damage.

ill probably turn it off and still run Seafalcons damage panel instead. so meh.

its a good addition though. they have practically added all the mods I have ever used into vanilla now. 

So I was watching RU CT streams and this is what I managed to gather: 

• The badges (spotted/crit/damage/assisted stuff) are removed completely. 
  • There are popups for damage taken (not necessary imo, literally JUST a distraction), and also popups for what tank you spotted along with a multiplier indicator of how many tanks you spotted
  • damage dealt/blocked/assisted in that order and the last one is the last course of action that involved you (given russian this last one might be not be accurate)
  • spotting checks are a really big difference and it might be worth considering fine-tuning your aiming skills since split second stuff will actually net you extra damage
  • CT seemed to have an FPS boost for most people
  • HD maps are ugly as fuck, but objects in grey are destructible while black ones are solids which is also a pretty nice addition (although unnecessary)

I didn't see any of the current WGL maps for climbing changes (or players capable of boosting stuff like E1 solo on Sand River etc, the big mountains on Swamp etc).

WG also failed to remove Fjords and remake Highway which is something they stated ages ago but somehow forgot to do.