After working with a vast compendium of players in both a formal and informal way I’m going public in offering cheap replay reviews.
Tanks is a game of fighting through plateaus of skill and ability, something that is not always possible without an outside opinion. I personally have bugged more experienced players in the past to try to glean some secrets and found them strangely useless.
My personal opinion on this is that A) Not everyone is good at teaching--some suck at teaching. B) Tanks is such a ‘play by play’ game that it can be hard to give specific advice without actually seeing the action.
On the flip side I'm both great at tanks and love teaching.  Smile_glasses.gif   No really, I actually enjoy working with players and seeing that 'light bulb' moment.

There are some exceptional tutoring services available already like CrabEatOff’s, and I’m not interested in horning in on his great service. The thing is, 6500 gold is sometimes just not possible for folks who want to improve, need to improve, but don’t have a large budget. Or maybe it’s just been awhile since payday and their significant other will notice a large CC charge.
Here’s where I can help.

$10 for 20 minutes of replay review in which we will commentate the good, bad, and ugly while talking to you in Skype/Teamspeak/Ventrilo/Mumble/Sign language.

• Commentate the good, bad, and ugly.
• Give tips on your specific per map basis.
• Offer per tank suggestions for ‘kitting’ and tank meta.
• Provide useful suggestions on how to deal with problem situations.(Certain camps, unicum platoons, etc.)
• (If present) Show faulty decision making and how it negatively effects the match.
• Give feedback on exit/entrance routes and terrain usage.
• Provide Situational Awareness evaluation and suggestions.

I just finished my four replays with Millard and they were more even useful than I thought they would be. I'm not your typical 50%er trying to get lessons to learn mechanics and basic map strat. I came to Millard for in-depth fine tuning of my gameplay and he gave me what I was looking for. We very comfortably discussed the finer points of my positioning in regards to firing lanes and cover, terrain abuse, planning based on team composition and many other useful things. He was able to show me a few bad habits I've picked up but was unaware of that will immediately increase my survival and help when trying to carry, especially when I'm without platoon support.

Getting over an hour of a strategic unicum's direct commentary on my playstyle was well with $10 and I'll likely pay again in a thousand or two games. Millard, thanks for the experience, it was worth what I'd learn in hundreds of games.

What I learned from a pro this weekend.
So I got to do some replay review and a bunch of battles with Millardthemk this weekend and the main thing I learned was that I suck really bad at this game and have developed some very terrible habits lately. Things that are very obvious if you just watch your replays now and then. […]. Either way I am kind of glad I did play badly while he was watching. That way he could see everything I do badly, all my bad habits and comment on it. Thank you to Millardthemk for being such a awesome dude and taking the time to help me out.

Excellent post. I will be surprised if you do not become a significantly better player in the foreseeable future. Millard must have a golden tongue to make you accept so many issues about your performance. Hooray for the both of you!

Also, can confirm that millardthemk is one of the nicest purple players in the game. I had my first interaction with Millard in November of 2012. That's also the timeframe when my stats started to improve and I stopped being a social clan baddie. Coincidence? I think not.

Millard is a great guy too - in the brief time I got to know him before the Night of Vader, he was just a fun, and skillful, tanker. He also explained to me the mystery of the "mk", which had been bugging some dark recess of my curious mind ever since I first saw his name in a forum post Smile_glasses.gif

My hope is that this will make private tutoring possible for some folks wanting it but unable to afford current rates as well as facilitate a low cost low risk improvement route for your average player.
I’m not here to bash reds/yellows/greens/blue/purples. I’m here to help you improve and enjoy the game more.
Peace,
millard
Note: If someone is unable to do the in-game store but wants to do PP instead, I can make that work as well.

Millard taught me the basics, months and months ago. I told him THEN he should be giving lessons! Having him review your replay is going to be worth well more than a month's premium in enjoyment value. I endorse this product and or service!!!!

:-D

(and will likely avail myself of it, because sometimes you just need outside eyes)

Signing up for a $10 package myself. It's always a good idea to get a really critical eye on your performance from others as talented as Millard. You don't know if you're missing something big but subtle just by platooning.

I'd do you too, Crab, if I could get a friend's discount!

Signing up for a $10 package myself. It's always a good idea to get a really critical eye on your performance from others as talented as Millard. You don't know if you're missing something big but subtle just by platooning.

I'd do you too, Crab, if I could get a friend's discount!

Awesome, can't wait to work witht you!

Man, millard, you're getting bombed on the official forums for this!

You better believe it. I'm

A) A horrible person

B) Have no life

C) I should be ashamed

or D) All of the above.

Pretty sure WoT Main is going with D. lol

This interests me greatly! Now, I must acquire $10! I suppose that means I'll have to re-grind through the Tiger II for the E-75 on my friend's account. :P

Hmm... everyone else in this thread has recently passed a multiple of 10,000 battles. :3

Millardthemk: 20022

CrabEatOff: 10338

Agamemneon: 10083

sr360: 20052

Promoting/provoking EULA violations.
1d RO issued.
~GM/Mod Teams 

Best part of the original WGNA forum post. 

Does anyone care to look up what clause of the EULA this violates? I love it!

1d RO issued.

~GM/Mod Teams 

Ticket submitted. I'm getting tired of Mods randomly R/O or warning point-ing me. If it proves humorous I'll post the screenshots of said convo here. The last time it *was* funny.

Tickets are pretty much worthless. I've submitted maybe half dozen or so tickets about stupid RO's and all I've ever gotten back were all copy and pasted of EULA.

This dude is awesome if you are serious about being a more skillful tanker.

Get some lessons!

\0/ Thanks mate! :)

4 folks happily working with me thus far. Can't wait to get those testimonials up!

I just finished my four replays with Millard and they were more even useful than I thought they would be. I'm not your typical 50%er trying to get lessons to learn mechanics and basic map strat. I came to Millard for in-depth fine tuning of my gameplay and he gave me what I was looking for. We very comfortably discussed the finer points of my positioning in regards to firing lanes and cover, terrain abuse, planning based on team composition and many other useful things. He was able to show me a few bad habits I've picked up but was unaware of that will immediately increase my survival and help when trying to carry, especially when I'm without platoon support.

Getting over an hour of a strategic unicum's direct commentary on my playstyle was well worth $10 and I'll likely pay again in a thousand or two games. Millard, thanks for the experience, it was worth what I'd learn in hundreds of games.

Getting over an hour of a strategic unicum's direct commentary on my playstyle was well worth $10 and I'll likely pay again in a thousand or two games. Millard, thanks for the experience, it was worth what I'd learn in hundreds of games.

Everything about this was great, except  I totally have no voice left! ;)

Rock on mate, best wishes in your tanking endeavors.

1d RO issued.

~GM/Mod Teams 

I looked just for the hell of it and the only one I see that could be an issue is rule 7.

7. Transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation. Advertising may include, but is not limited to, the repeated posting of website links through any of the in-game methods of communication. Links to sites, images and/or video as well as businesses and organizations or websites not related to WN and the Game may also be considered as advertising and so such actions are considered prohibited. Discussions of other war games are allowed, however, any form of advertising of non-WN games will not be tolerated;

Anything that you do to promote a business or service using their game is a violation.  So, you saying that you will offer lessons at a cost is soliciting business, and since you are not directly affiliated with WG in any kind of official way you are violating the terms of the EULA.  The only way around it would be to get WG to offer similar services and for them to ask the players to fill the roles as paid teachers.  The downside to that is that they'd probably want a cut of the fee, which they'd dictate of course.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is my interpretation of the rules as stated.  I'm only stating that they appear to have a leg to stand on.  YMMV. Opinion valid only if you make it so, is not redeemable for cash value and may be totally disregarded in countries that begin with vowels or consonants.

7. Transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation. Advertising may include, but is not limited to, the repeated posting of website links through any of the in-game methods of communication. Links to sites, images and/or video as well as businesses and organizations or websites not related to WN and the Game may also be considered as advertising and so such actions are considered prohibited. Discussions of other war games are allowed, however, any form of advertising of non-WN games will not be tolerated;

Dunno, depends on how point #7 is understood, I guess.

Platooning with Millard made me the pro player I am today ;) He's such a skilled player and teacher that there's scarcely a person on the server who couldn't learn something from him. 

Tickets are pretty much worthless. I've submitted maybe half dozen or so tickets about stupid RO's and all I've ever gotten back were all copy and pasted of EULA.

I got an apology once and my post restored. I kept the warning point though. 

Dunno, depends on how point #7 is understood, I guess.

Exactly.  Foofoo lawyer language like this is pretty much always designed to favor the proprietary owner to give them leverage to flex any way they want.  The sad part is your banning was probably the result of some butt hurt baddie who didn't like that you weren't giving your help away for free and reported you for it.  I really wonder how many of the mods really understand the EULA themselves.

I hit up a couple of WG folks about this today, and they all seemed like they're waiting for a ruling by the big man. So I PMd the big man, and will fill you in on the exact deets when I hear back.

I hit up a couple of WG folks about this today, and they all seemed like they're waiting for a ruling by the big man. So I PMd the big man, and will fill you in on the exact deets when I hear back.

Very much appreciated. Is that Farquad or Hobbs?

Bought a Pershing. Think I can solo it at 1,200 XP average, but its also exposed some weaknesses in my gameplay. Got all the replays I needed in 1 quick session this morning!

That'd be a pretty scary pershing average, might have to platoon up with 9s to get it. I'll be curious to see if you do it! :) I'll PM you and we can sort it out.

That'd be a pretty scary pershing average, might have to platoon up with 9s to get it. I'll be curious to see if you do it! :) I'll PM you and we can sort it out.

APCR for credits and 2 sigma aiming mechanic have changed the Pershing you used to know and love. I don't HAVE to flank ST-Is :-D

1,100 in the first 10 games, and that includes 2 games with only 2 damaging shots -suicided by an IS-3 on Gorsk-map-I-hate and a MM turd in BT10 where the teams were so poorly skill balanced (11 yellows vs 11 blue/green) that the enemy saluted me and apologized to me before it began. 

APCR for credits and 2 sigma aiming mechanic have changed the Pershing you used to know and love. I don't HAVE to flank ST-Is :-D

1,100 in the first 10 games, and that includes 2 games with only 2 damaging shots -suicided by an IS-3 on Gorsk-map-I-hate and a MM turd in BT10 where the teams were so poorly skill balanced (11 yellows vs 11 blue/green) that the enemy saluted me and apologized to me before it began. 

1,100 base or is that with premium?