ThomChen114

I just got the SU-100M1...

...what am I about to get myself into?

I've gotten a bit bored with the the ISU-152.

Ok, more like frustrated. I don't play the ISU lately as much as I did when I first got it, and maybe because I'm not taking advantage of the TD meta. And I know there's nothing new with how derpy and inconsistent the 152mm BL-10 gun can be in the ISU. 

I've always preferred medium tanks (and fast HTs like the T-10 and WZ-111 1-4), and I've considered trying out the alt Soviet TD line for awhile.

From what I can tell, the SU-100M1 seems to be kind of opposite to the SU-152 (which I enjoyed) in terms of firepower. I played the SU-152 with the 152mm derp (for lols) and the 122mm (for WN8), whereas the SU-100M1 seems to have a medium tank gun instead. But it seems reasonably mobile here's hoping I can make that laid-back profile work.

3 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

...what am I about to get myself into?

I've gotten a bit bored with the the ISU-152.

Ok, more like frustrated. I don't play the ISU lately as much as I did when I first got it, and maybe because I'm not taking advantage of the TD meta. And I know there's nothing new with how derpy and inconsistent the 152mm BL-10 gun can be in the ISU. 

I've always preferred medium tanks (and fast HTs like the T-10 and WZ-111 1-4), and I've considered trying out the alt Soviet TD line for awhile.

From what I can tell, the SU-100M1 seems to be kind of opposite to the SU-152 (which I enjoyed) in terms of firepower. I played the SU-152 with the 152mm derp (for lols) and the 122mm (for WN8), whereas the SU-100M1 seems to have a medium tank gun instead. But it seems reasonably mobile here's hoping I can make that laid-back profile work.

Prepare for a shit load more frustration. Lack of gun depression and a dpm based TD playstyle means minimising your exposure whilst being able to get gun on target is frustratingly hard. Think china meds but with no turret.

4 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

I played the SU-152 with the 152mm derp (for lols) and the 122mm (for WN8)

That's what HEAT rounds are for in the 152mm.

Fast aim time, decent accuracy on top gun but it's a toilet... and you will only bounce shots if you are lucky and somehow the armour actually works.

Free XP the gun if you can (if not already unlocked) then save up more free xp for the top gun on the SU-101 - or else you will be pulling your hair out

SU-100m1 is OK, maybe even good. You NEED TO  know where to go on each map to not get shafted. You do not go face to face with enemy heavies or TDs if you can help it, and you flank or wolfpack with medium tanks to maximize your DPM. Armor is decent: mantlet is made of Stalinium and you are small enough to actually dodge shots at range. The best thing on this  TD is the gun (DUH), because it's so accurate and aims fast, you mostly autoaim targets and let stalin guide the shell. Unlike the Church of 152ism you fire extremely quickly so it's an excellent idea to just fire one full reticule snap and then fire your next one aimed, like Cromwell.
Overall I think the tank is OK, it's leagues above other steaming pile of **** at Tier7.

7 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

SU-100m1 is OK, maybe even good. You NEED TO  know where to go on each map to not get shafted. You do not go face to face with enemy heavies or TDs if you can help it, and you flank or wolfpack with medium tanks to maximize your DPM. Armor is decent: mantlet is made of Stalinium and you are small enough to actually dodge shots at range. The best thing on this  TD is the gun (DUH), because it's so accurate and aims fast, you mostly autoaim targets and let stalin guide the shell. Unlike the Church of 152ism you fire extremely quickly so it's an excellent idea to just fire one full reticule snap and then fire your next one aimed, like Cromwell.
Overall I think the tank is OK, it's leagues above other steaming pile of **** at Tier7.

416 is better than this in every way really.

Overall i don't think the line is even worth grinding as T10 is imo only decent/good one in the line. That being said i actually liked SU-100M1, but it's worth noting that i played it long time ago when meta and maps were a lot different than they are now. Nowadays i wouldn't recommend any TD line, let alone turetless one.

IMHO the SU-100M1 is best tank on the entire line. The SU-101 has virtually nothing over the 100M1 other than 330 HEAT; the gun is straight up worse unless you spam HEAT and has laughably only 150 HP over its T7 brother. 990 in a tier where some TDs are rocking 1500 and better armor and better guns is just a smack in the face. The T9 SU-122-54 is admittedly junk. I don't want to speak too much about the T10, but in my opinion it's a terrible version of the 215B on most maps.

With that said, I had a blast in the SU-101, despite it being junk. The tiny stature combined with T-54esque mobility and an armored superstructure was a complete riot to drive around in, I don't think I've ever had more fun in a TD than in the SU-101. On the other hand, my personal experience from driving fast medium-like TDs lately has been horrible. The current physics model just obliterated playing TDs in this way; I've never felt clumsier in tanks like the E-25.

17 hours ago, Rexxie said:

IMHO the SU-100M1 is best tank on the entire line. The SU-101 has virtually nothing over the 100M1 other than 330 HEAT; the gun is straight up worse unless you spam HEAT and has laughably only 150 HP over its T7 brother. 990 in a tier where some TDs are rocking 1500 and better armor and better guns is just a smack in the face. The T9 SU-122-54 is admittedly junk. I don't want to speak too much about the T10, but in my opinion it's a terrible version of the 215B on most maps.

With that said, I had a blast in the SU-101, despite it being junk. The tiny stature combined with T-54esque mobility and an armored superstructure was a complete riot to drive around in, I don't think I've ever had more fun in a TD than in the SU-101. On the other hand, my personal experience from driving fast medium-like TDs lately has been horrible. The current physics model just obliterated playing TDs in this way; I've never felt clumsier in tanks like the E-25.

Wait wat Rexxie I thought you liked Su-122-54, to the point you made a post about it being better than PTA.

6 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Wait wat Rexxie I thought you liked Su-122-54, to the point you made a post about it being better than PTA.

Pretty sure that post was two or three years ago now :P

There's no way to make the 122-54 out as good these days.

On 9/13/2016 at 5:42 PM, Nekommando said:

What neko said, don't forget that SU-100M1 have great camo, nearly the same as 122-44 last I checked. Its top gun is very snappy with its accuracy that I actually loved it, its also mobile enough and have weird shapes that allows you to bounce shots when wriggling in reverse. 

I kept mine to play when I feel campy back when I still play wot, thanks to its fast reload you won't be helpless on close quarter, just a bit hard since its casemate. 

Im grinding the su100m1 atm, looking at the stats it looks like a lovely TD which plays as a medium. I know drive T25 AT, really fun to drive. I am only a bit frightened about that -4 gun depression. With the T25 I could atleast do alot of hulldown work.

I am still currently at the su85, I really hate it. Poor traverse, 350 HP, you always die in 1 of 2 shots. And the gun and her rng trolls me so hard. Damage DPM wise it is good, but you just do not have the HP to play aggresively

Almost all lowtier (<6) TDs suffer extreme lack of HP, they used to have great camo to compensate but you know, brawling meta.

SU-100M1 is worse at being a medium than the T25AT due to lack of depression and gunarc, but it is still very good at flanking enemies.

19 hours ago, Nekommando said:

Almost all lowtier (<6) TDs suffer extreme lack of HP, they used to have great camo to compensate but you know, brawling meta.

SU-100M1 is worse at being a medium than the T25AT due to lack of depression and gunarc, but it is still very good at flanking enemies.

But dat 400dpm difference and 0.33 accuracy looks so horny to me

I recently grinded the su100m1 and just finished the su101 and the T7 wasnt bad at all. ofc its no T29, but its decent and i liked it more than e.g. the Czech T7+ 8. Its Acc, Aimtime and Bloom ist just fantastic and its something different to play and a kinda new experience.

The T8 on the orther hand was pretty garbage, 4° Gundepression is workable, 2° is just a smack in the face and on too many maps forces you to camp on the redline :/ I played it with the 100mm, the 122 has just horrible gunhandling and transforms you into a really really really bad jagdpanther2.

brb gonna buy the SU-122-541.0

On 2016-09-14 at 8:26 PM, Rexxie said:

There's no way to make the 122-54 out as good these days.

Which makes me wonder how the Swedish TDs will fare. High DPM, high mobility in this meta.

4 hours ago, soulsouljah said:

I recently grinded the su100m1 and just finished the su101 and the T7 wasnt bad at all. ofc its no T29, but its decent and i liked it more than e.g. the Czech T7+ 8. Its Acc, Aimtime and Bloom ist just fantastic and its something different to play and a kinda new experience.

The T8 on the orther hand was pretty garbage, 4° Gundepression is workable, 2° is just a smack in the face and on too many maps forces you to camp on the redline :/ I played it with the 100mm, the 122 has just horrible gunhandling and transforms you into a really really really bad jagdpanther2.

brb gonna buy the SU-122-541.0

But 100mm makes you a bad 416 right?

Well, compared to the 416 you at least have better DPM, Pen and arguably armour.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:su-101.c:jpanther-ii.c:su-101;4m00000.c:obj-416

Compared to the JP2 just everything is worse^^

b2t: Bought 122-54 yesterday, it's not too bad. Better than the T8. Props not as stronk as Jagdtiger but workable.

On 9/13/2016 at 5:11 AM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

the tier 7-8 are terrible, but the tier 9-10 are great. so it mostly depends on if you want those to tanks and if the previous two are worth it.

Going to have to disagree on the tier 9. Tier 8 hit points combined with tier 6.5 armor and essentially a fixed forward firing gun don't make for a "great" tank. 

That is discounting completely the the fact that you'll lose multiple crew and/or modules for each of the 3-4 shots it takes to kill you.