D357R0Y3R

AMX CDC vs STA-2

3 hours ago, Clogman said:

The amount of tier 10 games i see in my skorp these days is a big enough nerf

I swear it feels like a conspiracy.

1st week of skorpions, rolling around in tier 8/9 games, and now its predominantly tier 10 games.

Skorpion is the only premium tank that doesn't give a flying fuck if it's in T10 games or not really.

20 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

Yeah CDC is a turd wagon. It redefines what it means to have no armor. You're the size of a barn but somehow you're less armored than a barn. The gun handling is balls so you can't snap shot anything which means you have to sit there and aim with your unarmored barn. The only real way to be effective with it is draw range sniping and running like a bitch. I three marked the thing and barely play it anymore.

STA-2 is a pretty generic tier 8 medium. It moves well enough, the gun handling is solid, 212 pen AP means you don't have to shoot too much HEAT, and 10° gun depression lets you hide your soft armor pretty well. Pretty comfortable to play overall. No question the better choice over the CDC.

If I were actually paying money for something though, the Patton KR is significantly better than both. Mutz is also possibly better but I don't have many game in it.

Agree completely - of the two choices currently available in the US, the STA-2 is easily the better choice.  I think you can even make a case that's it's the most well-rounded when compared to the Mutz or the Patton KR - the Patton KR gains even more gun handling, but at the cost of substantial AP penetration, while the Mutz is a little quicker and gets some kind of trolly turret armor but doesn't handle as well.

skorp is only OP in good hands tbh, give it to average joe and it become a 1k dpg tank.. 

5 hours ago, Kolni said:

WGs premiums except the IS-6 up until now have pretty much been worse than their counterpart.

Wut?
How is the IS-6 that can't hit a barn (while it has to hit it's window to penetrate it) not way worse than the IS-3 with shells guided by Stalin himself?

51 minutes ago, monty50k said:

Wut?
How is the IS-6 that can't hit a barn (while it has to hit it's window to penetrate it) not way worse than the IS-3 with shells guided by Stalin himself?

Run a triple IS6 platoon

Run a triple IS3 platoon

I can tell with certainty which one will win more :^)

SMM is a big deal and IS6 is the only SMM prem I've seen people holding over 3K DPG in. The tank isn't better than an IS-3 now but there was a time when the IS-6 was pretty much as retard proof as it and when the IS-3 didn't have retarded side armour.

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

Run a triple IS6 platoon

Run a triple IS3 platoon

I can tell with certainty which one will win more :^)

SMM is a big deal and IS6 is the only SMM prem I've seen people holding over 3K DPG in. The tank isn't better than an IS-3 now but there was a time when the IS-6 was pretty much as retard proof as it and when the IS-3 didn't have retarded side armour.

Only due to spmm though, IS3 is way better both when top tier and when in a tier 9 fight, the only advantage the IS6 has over the IS3 is not seeing tier 10, and thats about it, the tiny side armor and dpm advantage are totally off-set by (way) worse everything else ^^

Besides that, tier 8 spmm is dead, only the IS6 and triple platoons are playable, your forced to run full gold more or less, and you will still strugle a lot, WG simply buffed tanks like T34 / IS3 to make them better vs 175 pen guns AND added a bunch of tanks which totally own own you, both the jap bricks lol stomp any tier 8 spmm tank aswell as many of the new tanks, Skoda with its autoloader or Skorpion with its camo / gun / mobility both stomp the slow / blind / derpy spmm tanks...

WG ``masterplan`` is probably:

• remove from store
  • add new prems, which are a bit better (not that hard, since spmm tanks are all shit, only due to massive gold ammo and spmm they are playble in the first place...)
  • buff tanks / add tanks which are (very) strong vs spmm tanks, O-Ho beiing the best example, its derp gun ignores armor, while it in return gets enough armor to bounce any AP shell...

3 hours ago, DHP said:

skorp is only OP in good hands tbh, give it to average joe and it become a 1k dpg tank.. 

THIS ^

Skorp and STA-2 are the only prems I have and I gotta say I don't feel as comfortable playing the Skorp as I do playing the STA.You get effed in the A as soon as you make even the smallest mistake.But when you get a good map like Prokhorovka,the skorp is just EZ mode

The STA 2 used to be way better before the "buff" because its DPM was a major strength of the tank. Now I pen the same shots with 212 AP that I did with 185 AP and load my 275 HEAT for the same shots that I was before but now have less DPM which really kills what made the tank good IMO

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize this topic was in PP territory. Please ignore XD

On 9/18/2016 at 2:56 AM, Raj said:

CDC is sanic and has good pen, also accuracy is fantastic. It takes a good amount of skill to play properly and can't do high DPGs, but it is great for grinding credits. If you can play French heavies properly then it shouldn't be hard for you to adjust to this tank, even though I'd say it also shares a role similar to a batchat in sniping from long ranges, or like a 50 100. But it can't do any bullshit autoloading.

?

1 hour ago, Eggs_benedict_cumberbund said:

?

How I got 3 marks in my batchat was by sniping and playing well with it. It's not good at all close range unless you're in a fairly rare instance of a 1v1 yolo vs something with a low enough ROF and not high alpha. I averaged just under 5000dpg over about 90 games to 3 mark it when I tooned with 2 IS-7 meatshields. Otherwise I had a challenge where I did 4200dpg with it for 100 games solopub with 1 clip of heat. Exchanging close range for HP tradeoffs is for T57.

On 9/24/2016 at 6:10 AM, furrystrawberry said:

T-34-3 master race. It makes decent credits, is great for bullying other mediums, and has actually decent snapshotting ability. Just don't try to snipe with it. It is much better now with the gun depression buff. Also, it's alpha keeps the pubbies afraid enough that they wont rush you. Make sure you are exposing your left side if side scraping, as the right side has the fuel tanks :(. IMO, the T-34-3 is also the most fun premium MM tank. Other than that, wait for the scorpion when it gets sold during Christmas.

Then you shoot once and THEN the pubbies rush you because you will die everytime during that reload really. No one is afraid of that tank, no one.

if you are going up the Japanese MT line, get the STA-2. don't bother with the Chi-Nu Kai after you've gotten past tier VII. 

it's pretty much an STA-1, but just slightly taller and earns more

212 AP pen is comfortable for a tier 8 medium tank, the gun handling is zen, and mobility is passable for its role. HEAT is still useful, especially against flat stuff like oppai HTs and fascist box tanks.