arthurwellsley

Strv m/42-57 Premium alt.A2

16 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

No rammer, the only autoloader that can mount a rammer is the 59-16..

SP1C can also use rammer, even with the autoloader. Not originally though, WG added it later.

No idea why it's possible only for those tanks, might be just for balancing them.

Needs an engine HP buff, it's 100 which means anything like about 75mm kills it one hit. 

Tank is ok, nothing special. Actually think it's ok in tier 8 games because the reloads of tier 8s give you more time to get your clip in.

Also Armoured Patrol seem to be saying it got nerfed just before release so it now has worse than Cromwell levels of dispersion (0.24, 0.24, 0.18) whereas on the test server movement dispersion was 0.18.  So that is a bit cheeky.

Would have been a complete turd if they had released it as a single shot gun because the whole package is only held up by the autoloader. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Needs an engine HP buff, it's 100 which means anything like about 75mm kills it one hit. 

Tank is ok, nothing special. Actually think it's ok in tier 8 games because the reloads of tier 8s give you more time to get your clip in.

Also Armoured Patrol seem to be saying it got nerfed just before release so it now has worse than Cromwell levels of dispersion (0.24, 0.24, 0.18) whereas on the test server movement dispersion was 0.18.  So that is a bit cheeky.

Would have been a complete turd if they had released it as a single shot gun because the whole package is only held up by the autoloader. 

Because it used to be a single shot it got the dispersion buff when they came back to the idea of having the autoloader. 

it was either good gun handling with single shot or worse gun with autoloader. But i agree single shot (even with handling buff) would have been kind of trash. 

I feel like getting the Supreme package so I get the BiA crew (I have two Grille swedes and only 3 missions away from the last) but I don't know if those are really worthwhile considering that both swedish lines will prolly have more than 3 crew members (otherwise I'll have to run medkits...ew) so I'd need to buy a second set simply to have a full crew ready and that's another extra 3k gold for retraining their occupation along with having to grind both crews in the same tank for skills. 

I'll probably buy it though (or just wait until someone gifts it) because Sverige mästarras :doge: 

The tank itself is actually decent. Much like the Skoda T40/Rudy the T6 med prems lately have all been pretty fun to play. 

Swedish crew voices also include stupid phrases in weird Stockholm dialect such as "Där fick jag dig!", "Bra skott" and "TRÄFF!!!!!!!!" :doge: 

I wish they would have done Norrländska so even swedes wouldnt understand :serb: 

8 hours ago, Kolni said:

I feel like getting the Supreme package so I get the BiA crew (I have two Grille swedes and only 3 missions away from the last) but I don't know if those are really worthwhile considering that both swedish lines will prolly have more than 3 crew members (otherwise I'll have to run medkits...ew) so I'd need to buy a second set simply to have a full crew ready and that's another extra 3k gold for retraining their occupation along with having to grind both crews in the same tank for skills. 

i bought it and #noregrets, being able to play it straight away with BiA and SS is :kreygasm: (provided you have enough gold and free exp to train SS)

if i ever manage to get my 260 missions done i may get bitches for the krapvagina..

8 hours ago, Kolni said:

Actually, both of tier 10s should have 3 man crew, with Krapvagn having even same setup as Strv m/42-57 (commander, gunner, driver). The Strv 103b IIRC has commander/driver/radio operator (driver i think was also gunner/loader, while radio operator was also driver (rear driver)). Correct me if i am wrong, though.

Trying to convince myself to buy it. I am still in love with the Skoda T40 though.

Thanks _Marine for the video. Impressive carries with your teams doing everything they could to throw some of those matches.

I was afraid for my ongoing performance in Crommie, but thankfully, this tank is far from best tier 6 med.

I got punished once for being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, and clipped to death. But generally, 34-85, Crommie and their premium clones still rule. Skoda autoloader is actually nastier to deal with when you are a med - less clip alpha, but it can snapshot you and trade better if it can cover between the clips (but worse against same tier heavies like T-150) . Also, module dmg looks bad, every time I machine-gun one of those with pew pew they falter after a few my shots. Engine dead from first 75 mm shell, and ammo rack knocked out every second one (you can actually circle them in a Cromwell that way unless 2 rep kits). 

They are nasty if unspoted, rounding a corner to find one of these loaded and pre-aimed is 600 hp loss. I kill them afterwards before reload, but at 100 hp and no ability to carry on most maps. If they are in the opposing team I have to be a bit more cautious until spotted - but afterwards they are easy to take care from, since they will not make any sudden appearance around the map.

Slow speed means they can not claim good initial positions, actively spot, run away, change flanks, or circle heavies, giving up lot of initiative and flexibility.

Probably this tank sacrifices too much for an autoloader - novel thing at tier 6 (especially one not so shitty as Skoda), but it looks like tte WG policy of adding new mid tier tanks is to have bad DPM, and higher tiers have lower penetration (248/310)

Alpha from a single shell is very good for caliber, at 150 - it makes Panther and its clones look pathetic. Great final accuracy at 0.35 powercreeps all the VKs even more, even Panther itself.

Penetration is also good on both shells, gold pen is also 2nd best, by only 2 mm behind Crommie. It lacks raw dpm fr engaging mindless pubbier when top tier, but if carefully selecting targets when top tier instead of just farming dmg (killing heavies first with apcr vs soft tanks with ap) it can carry well.

"Low" view range is actually the norm for Crommie and 34-85 (best meds in tier). It can be dealt with by running binos and/or having insane crews. "Best in tier have only 370, +10 m is no big deal. In camo wars it is still a plus, since other same tier meds have worse camo.

Overall, good players might carry in it, but it requires a lot of patience from them, and different mindset. Lack of their gun depression can be exploited against them in many situations.

On the other hand, idiots also do rather well-ish in them. Better to unload a clip and die, than yoloing around in Cromwels and hitting dirt.

This looks like a rather high floor for a tier 6 medium, but ceiling is lower...unless you get favored by rng.

Again, This tank might be at the bottom of the upper third of its tier - there are a lot of worse tanks than it. I would put it somewhere above the Škoda T 25 and close to E 8, bettor or worse depending on map (but those 3 are kinda in the 2nd class of tanks), but below the Cromwell, Bromwell, 34-85 and Rudy (godmode), the rest are shitters. A 43-57 is a fine tank if you fire tons of APCR ), but at just 85 dmg it gets very expensive fast...Firefly has good gun, but platform is terrible.

I bought the top package, not for the BIA crew (though it's nice to have two decent Swedish crews) but because of the 30 x5 missions.

So far I've played 13 games, and my Female crew are at 95% of their third (so normal crew's 2nd) skill. 

x5 XP missions plus 300% crew XP personal reserves from TOT, + 100% normal XP, + accelerated training, + premium tank bonus means the crew are getting about 10-12k crew XP a game, with one of them getting 20-24k a game. 

Should have a near 4 skill complete crew by the time the 30 games are done. 

Same experience as @tajj7 I can't lose in this thing (however, all other tiers are sliding downward at a biblical disaster rate right now). Crew is coming along nicely, want to position myself for the Swede drop.

Based on everyone's experience, how much free XP will one need (generally), to free XP to say tier 7 or 8?

38 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

Same experience as @tajj7 I can't lose in this thing (however, all other tiers are sliding downward at a biblical disaster rate right now). Crew is coming along nicely, want to position myself for the Swede drop.

Based on everyone's experience, how much free XP will one need (generally), to free XP to say tier 7 or 8?

Tier 2 - around 300 XP

tier 3 - around 1000 XP

tier 4 - around 4000 XP

tier 5 - around 14k XP

tier 6 - around 30k XP

tier 7 - around 60k XP

tier 8 - around 100k XP

Thats about ~200k XP or little less.

What will you free XP into: TDs or heavies? If TDs, i would say into tier 7 because that thing seems fun. On heavy line you would free XP straight to tier 8 because thats where mediums swap into heavies, so crew retraining is little less a problem.

13 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Tier 2 - around 300 XP

tier 3 - around 1000 XP

tier 4 - around 4000 XP

tier 5 - around 14k XP

tier 6 - around 30k XP

tier 7 - around 60k XP

tier 8 - around 100k XP

Thats about ~200k XP or little less.

What will you free XP into: TDs or heavies? If TDs, i would say into tier 7 because that thing seems fun. On heavy line you would free XP straight to tier 8 because thats where mediums swap into heavies, so crew retraining is little less a problem.

Thank you! Tier 7 TD. I am a TD guy (initially), trying to branch out, but the mechanics on those things look awesome.

I started this game due to the JP, and historically my next favorite line of tanks has been the Swedish line, so I might as well torture myself with these platforms for a bit.

I don't own this tank, but I find it funny that this thing has higher damage per shot than the Chi-Ri, despite both having 75 mm guns. Does it play similarly to the Chi-Ri?

21 minutes ago, cwjian90 said:

I don't own this tank, but I find it funny that this thing has higher damage per shot than the Chi-Ri, despite both having 75 mm guns. Does it play similarly to the Chi-Ri?

Gun does different module damage too, which is related to gun caliber and not alpha. Makes me wonder if the Chi-Ri caliber was rounded up or something. (Or Strv rounded down. 100 damage seems to be the norm for a 75mm gun. Strv does 105, which is the same as 76mm guns)

Chi-Ri has a cool 400 dpm more than the Strv. Inter-shell reload is half of the Strv's, and FAR better gun handling. Also, Chi-Ri has much better module health (obviously being a tier 7) 

1 minute ago, cwjian90 said:

Is the mobility roughly comparable? Chi-Ri suffers a lot because it has a slightly better gun but has to fight Tier 8s and 9s a lot.

Yeah, pretty close (edge goes to Strv). The Chi-Ri's size is the worst part about it's mobility. Hiding that Tiger 2 sized can isnt as easy as the tiny Strv turret.

The #1 complaint with the Strv has to be engine health. 100 module health means every gun 75mm and up destroys the engine with the first shot.

4 hours ago, RunninKurt said:

Yeah, pretty close (edge goes to Strv). The Chi-Ri's size is the worst part about it's mobility. Hiding that Tiger 2 sized can isnt as easy as the tiny Strv turret.

The #1 complaint with the Strv has to be engine health. 100 module health means every gun 75mm and up destroys the engine with the first shot.

Yeah. The engine goes every 2nd game. Still the most annoying thing is driving straight at the same speed as a tier 7 heavy.

Edit: While the speed is annoying I think it's a good thing for balance