Purple_Prose

A Question of Female Crews?

Okay, gents, I've come across a dilemma. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to assist me in solving this great conundrum! So, I have 10 girl crew left unallocated to various tanks and nations. The rub is in the number of girls I have left: 10. If it were 2 more, or 2 less, it wouldn't be a problem, but 10 leaves things split up funny.

Most Tier X mediums and heavies have 4 crew slots, which leads to our conundrum.

The way I see it, I can split them up in the following ways:

---4, 4, and 2. The 2 either get shoved in to unfilled premium tank slots (radio op for the Skorpion G, for instance), or both shoved into some random low tier tank and left to rot because low tiers are crap.

---4, 3, and 3. The only high tier tanks with 3 crew slots are the French, and I'm not sure if I'll like the autoloading shenanigans that those entail, or even if I'll be good at them. Another problem would be that I'd be doubling up on the French light line. 3 in the Batchat, and 3 in the AMX 13 90 or Bat AP.

---5, and 5. This is slightly iffy for me, because I'm not sure about the selection of Tier Xs with 5 crew slots. E50M I've heard is good, but I'm already grinding a crew for the Object 263.

Any advise, folks? In the end, I don't want to have any of my girls lying around in a useless tank, or getting stuck someplace where that lovely SoS perk goes to waste.

Current allocation:

---4 RU medium girls

---4 GE medium girls (sexy Leopard 1 is double sexy with girls)

---4 tsundere Japanese medium girls

---10 girls unallocated. 

(22 total, because +2 from the Rampage missions. Screw the T22 though. Have never and will never play that OP piece of garbage)

Czech tier 9-10 MT - 4 crew slots

some refined British ladies? both the Centurion AX and FV215b have 4 crew slots as well as the tier 8 tanks leading up to them, or you could save up for the Chieftain Mk6 (*coming soon*) 

have you considered investing in some Swedish furniture tanks?

55 minutes ago, monty50k said:

4, 4, 2 -> ELC AMX, it's fun.

Although Batchat really profits from a good crew..

:kwim:

that goes with most with auto-loader tanks, like the AMX 50B, T57 Heavy, and TVP T50/51

You could go with the M46 and the E50 / E50M. It really depends on what you like playing, if you are into playing TD's maybe the T30 and that would give you a another 4 person tank like a TVP or AX. I wouldn't want to waste girls on anything I didn't really like playing, but 6/4 could be an option. Heavies and TD's don't have as many options for really good skills as meds or lights, but if you like playing it, why not. Also try to pick something from a country with more trees as you can always re-spec them into another tank if you change your mind later vs just having a couple of tens to pick from.

I currently have girls in my Leo 1, the 50B, Bat, and as soon as I am able to get LT 15.3 the AMX-30.

I think I heard somewhere that both Swedish lines with have 3 crew in each so that could take care of it. You could also do 6 and 4 and put the 6 on like an E100 or Maus or Type 5 or some big TD.

9 hours ago, monty50k said:

Although Batchat really profits from a good crew..

AND THAT'S THE THING! I keep hearing that the Batchat needs good crew to be effective, yet going the 4, 3, 3 route commits me to the French. I might be able to mix it up into a 5, 3, 2 thing, but that still leaves me with the 2 remaining. 6, 3, and 1? Grille 15 is supposed to be good and that has 6 crew, right? Hmm.

8 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

Czech tier 9-10 MT - 4 crew slots

some refined British ladies? both the Centurion AX and FV215b have 4 crew slots as well as the tier 8 tanks leading up to them, or you could save up for the Chieftain Mk6 (*coming soon*) 

have you considered investing in some Swedish furniture tanks?

Yeah, that's another thing. I'm not sure whether I should commit to the French, given the Czechs. I've heard the TVP is better for getting MT15.4 than the Batchat, and there aren't any good tanks in that line to grind a crew on until the IX (VI if you like low tiers). I might hold off until we get the Chieftain and see what the crew loadout for that is. What are the Swedish crew setups?

8 hours ago, Lightnin45 said:

You could go with the M46 and the E50 / E50M. It really depends on what you like playing, if you are into playing TD's maybe the T30 and that would give you a another 4 person tank like a TVP or AX. I wouldn't want to waste girls on anything I didn't really like playing, but 6/4 could be an option. Heavies and TD's don't have as many options for really good skills as meds or lights, but if you like playing it, why not. Also try to pick something from a country with more trees as you can always re-spec them into another tank if you change your mind later vs just having a couple of tens to pick from.

I currently have girls in my Leo 1, the 50B, Bat, and as soon as I am able to get LT 15.3 the AMX-30.

Oh, that's a thought! Well said. I'm probably going to go with a 4 Cze, 3 FRE, 3 SWE split, if what I'm hearing about the Swedes is true. Otherwise, 4 Cze and 4 of some other awesome X.

7 hours ago, Inciatus said:

I think I heard somewhere that both Swedish lines with have 3 crew in each so that could take care of it. You could also do 6 and 4 and put the 6 on like an E100 or Maus or Type 5 or some big TD.

Was prolly going to avoid sticking them on heavies, because they don't need as good a crew. TD is an idea though; Grille 15, maybe? And that DOES solve the LeftToRot problem! If that's true of the Swedes, EVEN BETTER!

I've got 3 of the 4 from the T55.  I haven't figured out my last couple.  When the Personal Missions started a long ass time ago, I ASSUMED there would be another way to get Female Crew (stupid me)

T57 (4)

E5 Crew (4)

Batt Chat (3)

CZE (only 2 at this point)

18 hours ago, Purple_Prose said:

Okay, gents, I've come across a dilemma. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to assist me in solving this great conundrum! So, I have 10 girl crew left unallocated to various tanks and nations. The rub is in the number of girls I have left: 10. If it were 2 more, or 2 less, it wouldn't be a problem, but 10 leaves things split up funny.

Most Tier X mediums and heavies have 4 crew slots, which leads to our conundrum.

The way I see it, I can split them up in the following ways:

---4, 4, and 2. The 2 either get shoved in to unfilled premium tank slots (radio op for the Skorpion G, for instance), or both shoved into some random low tier tank and left to rot because low tiers are crap.

---4, 3, and 3. The only high tier tanks with 3 crew slots are the French, and I'm not sure if I'll like the autoloading shenanigans that those entail, or even if I'll be good at them. Another problem would be that I'd be doubling up on the French light line. 3 in the Batchat, and 3 in the AMX 13 90 or Bat AP.

---5, and 5. This is slightly iffy for me, because I'm not sure about the selection of Tier Xs with 5 crew slots. E50M I've heard is good, but I'm already grinding a crew for the Object 263.

Any advise, folks? In the end, I don't want to have any of my girls lying around in a useless tank, or getting stuck someplace where that lovely SoS perk goes to waste.

Current allocation:

---4 RU medium girls

---4 GE medium girls (sexy Leopard 1 is double sexy with girls)

---4 tsundere Japanese medium girls

---10 girls unallocated. 

(22 total, because +2 from the Rampage missions. Screw the T22 though. Have never and will never play that OP piece of garbage)

RU meds.

This is a question about girl crews. Thing is, on RU meds, you wanna 6th+ss, BIA, full camo and repairs and vision skills comes as 5th skill (T-54 has a handy loader as radio operator).

German meds need just BIA+rep, vision skill gets on radio operator, and there are 5 crew members, so with BIA+6th+ ss and second repair skill you get decent crew at just 2-5 skills, any further and you will not notice a big difference.

+ if you run foor, you can run it without FF in German meds...

Chinese tanks are even worse, they need all the skills you can afford, on top of Russian meds skills, add gunnery as mandatory. 

Basically, put girl crews where you need them most. ELC is a good example, with just 2 crewmembers, and commander as radio operator, you need 4-5 skills to play vision games and still be able to do dmg.

I like my E 50 m and do good at it (for my standards), but that tank profits almost nothing after you get 2 full skills. Meth chocolate alone is worth more than 2 whole sets here.

USA meds need highly trained crews even less - best soft stats, so gunnery skills irrelevant, best view range, very bad camo, so camo is useless...basically just BIA and rep and you are set. They do not burn that often, so cola and no FF is ok.

NEVER put advanced crews in heavies. every single one can do with just BIA and rep, except the Chinese (again, FF+gunnery - not that they have bad soft stats, but they do not have armor like IS-7 or IS-4 to stand the punishment till the reticle shrinks)

6 hours ago, Felicius said:

RU meds.

This is a question about girl crews. Thing is, on RU meds, you wanna 6th+ss, BIA, full camo and repairs and vision skills comes as 5th skill (T-54 has a handy loader as radio operator).

German meds need just BIA+rep, vision skill gets on radio operator, and there are 5 crew members, so with BIA+6th+ ss and second repair skill you get decent crew at just 2-5 skills, any further and you will not notice a big difference.

+ if you run foor, you can run it without FF in German meds...

Chinese tanks are even worse, they need all the skills you can afford, on top of Russian meds skills, add gunnery as mandatory. 

Basically, put girl crews where you need them most. ELC is a good example, with just 2 crewmembers, and commander as radio operator, you need 4-5 skills to play vision games and still be able to do dmg.

I like my E 50 m and do good at it (for my standards), but that tank profits almost nothing after you get 2 full skills. Meth chocolate alone is worth more than 2 whole sets here.

USA meds need highly trained crews even less - best soft stats, so gunnery skills irrelevant, best view range, very bad camo, so camo is useless...basically just BIA and rep and you are set. They do not burn that often, so cola and no FF is ok.

NEVER put advanced crews in heavies. every single one can do with just BIA and rep, except the Chinese (again, FF+gunnery - not that they have bad soft stats, but they do not have armor like IS-7 or IS-4 to stand the punishment till the reticle shrinks)

Wow! This is a lot of useful input, and I seriously appreciate it. My thought with the GE girls is that the Leopard is a scouty medium, so it needs the max VR, Camo, Rep, and so on. I already have one crew for RU, but I might go for another, given this post.

I'll prolly end up doing 4, 3, and 3, with the 3s for Frenchies and Swedes, and the 4 for the Czechs/RU/Brits/whatever else.

Thanks so much for the thoughtful post!

12 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I've got 3 of the 4 from the T55.  I haven't figured out my last couple.  When the Personal Missions started a long ass time ago, I ASSUMED there would be another way to get Female Crew (stupid me)

T57 (4)

E5 Crew (4)

Batt Chat (3)

CZE (only 2 at this point)

Yeah, I made the same mistake at first, especially when I saw the Rampage missions gave girls, and the Czech girls for when that line came out. Seriously regretting not grinding out a couple of them when I had the chance. :P

16 hours ago, Purple_Prose said:

My thought with the GE girls is that the Leopard is a scouty medium, so it needs the max VR, Camo, Rep, and so on.

Germany has one med line only:awyeah:. Anybody actually plays Leo?

My thoughts were on the E 50 line. Leo line is a powercreeped piece of crap. It needs all the camo it can get, because Chai sniping is the only thing it can do, and grille is so much better in that. Enjoy the 2nd worst bloom after Grille 15. Whole line is filled with bad tanks.

Basically, if you want a bad medium with terrible bloom, buy Grille 15. I expect +5-10% WR more, since you have alpha, and alpha>>>camo.

Also, Armor>>>Camo, so 50 M >>>Leo. better dispersion is just a cherry on top.

Good lights are Bulldog, WZ 131, 54 lwt (stronks) German line not so much. RU is good in missions, and 1 C is OK for dumping clips of HEAT in enemies faces on reload.

Again, girl crews in lights are useless, since 4-5 skills are wasted on them . Just BIA+camo, and vision skills if you are masochist - food for that 10 games you play to get mission done.

5 hours ago, Felicius said:

Germany has one med line only:awyeah:. Anybody actually plays Leo?

I do :(

It needs good crew to not be utter crap, though it still is ok at best.

I'd be happy taking a slight dpm nerf if it came with godlike dispersion and the speed the leopard one should have, so it could fill its role far better...

On 21/09/2016 at 5:38 AM, Felicius said:

While ELC needs insane crews, it isn't really worth on tier 5, unless you plan on eventually switching crew to batchat or something... but if you like the tank, go for it :disco:

A good general rule of thumb is to put them on high tier meds that have something amazing about them e.g. STB1 dpm, T62/obj 140 dispersion and/or something that sucks and need st be improved upon e.g. obj430/STB/BC dispersion. You can also put crews on tanks like the leopard one, which has nothing amazing or utter crap, but needs an extra push to help fulfil its role (though leopard one's role is a tad dead...)

8 hours ago, garryallen said:

While ELC needs insane crews, it isn't really worth on tier 5, unless you plan on eventually switching crew to batchat or something... but if you like the tank, go for it :disco:

I did. padpadpadgoldspamadpadgoldspampadcoffeepadpadpad, on the other acc. One of the most fun tanks in game, I have 800 battles or so.

Leo 1 is a paper tank, but unlike other paper tanks (BC) it has long track repair time. Even with 2 rep kits, you need repair skill -kits go on ammo rack:nmad:

1 hour ago, Felicius said:

I did. padpadpadgoldspamadpadgoldspampadcoffeepadpadpad, on the other acc. One of the most fun tanks in game, I have 800 battles or so.

Leo 1 is a paper tank, but unlike other paper tanks (BC) it has long track repair time. Even with 2 rep kits, you need repair skill -kits go on ammo rack:nmad:

Yeah, I only run repair kit on my leopard one, i need to put in another one, and i am thinking of going to repair repair food if i ever get JOAT after 4 skills or something...

But at the moment its actually just like:feelsbad: or :eww: or :nmad:

and then you get a game when you aren't ammo racked and you're like:awyeah: 

You have to give it to wg for making some of the game sooo damn infuriating...

No JOAT. Drop the AFE. No food. Leo gets too many knocked crewmembers. Usually about 2 per match if you take 3-4 320 shots, one arty splash and 2 are gone for sure.