BiggieD61

WoWs Ranked Battles ships and meta: Season 5

I.... I can't continue to emphasize just how good the Bismarck is in Ranked. Oh my freaking God. Started off the day with a loss where I did over 120K, then had eight straight wins to get to Rank 10 to end the night. I probably just got lucky and had good teams, but I think I did over 100K in eight of nine matches tonight. One game the secondaries set 15 fires and did 58K from fires alone and I had another game where they set 16 fires. Running both increased fire chance flags to make the secondaries even filthier.

zbnBMtG.jpg

Slogged my way through the inbreds of late night NA tier 6 ranked with a combo of the Molotov and Warspite. Last match in tier 6 was 130k damage. Felt rather proud of that in a tier 6 7v7 match.

Took me a while to decide what to play for my first tier 8 match. Had the Bismarck all ready to go and then thought about what else was viable. I hate DD's so no Benson. The Amagi is long gone and isn't nearly as survivable as it once was. Tirpitz is just a worse Bismarck these days. Kutuzov was a serious contender. And then I remembered that the last time I played the North Carolina it couldn't hit shit and had no armor. And it got buffed. SO I bought it back and dropped my Monty captain in it. Holy fuck. What a god damn monster....

c1fLUCW.jpg

100 AA rating at tier 8....

luLj9PI.jpg

RdgZRfl.jpg

x3iEY1l.jpg

Not sure how the Bismarck is going to top this thing....

8 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Eh I have no desire again this season for Rank, I have the ships but no motivation for it

So far ranked seems better than last year. If you are competent and in a good ship it seems like you can't lose. So far I've only lost one star and that's because I'm still working on my CE skill for my Benson and over extended to much on over match. I've got a 100% win rate in my Bismark, and always have over 100k damage and 20k+ secondary/fire damage. 

I'm also surprised anyone is bringing CA's since there are so many BB's playing right now. Many of my matches have had four BB's per side. The CA's end up being the first to die. 

4 battles to go from rank 18 to 15, first loss in the Bayern but top xp, then 3 wins in a row - averaged 89k damage and 75% survival.  I am buying the Gneissau now, but the Bismarck may not be ground out by the end of the season.  Looks like I'll try NorCal, Tirpitz and Atago to see which one I can make work with my limited skill set.

First NorCal battle and it performed well - 90k damage and 2 kills for top spot on my team 1071 base xp - better than 2 of the ships on their team.  Properly angled Bismarck bounced shells easily, but a bad driver is a bad driver and they can be sunk - tried to stay at 11k range just to be safe though ....

BTW -I took my ship into mid range, I was not 1/4 ahead and only showing the bow, the only ship still alive was our CV after I died.

Edit:  Shade - where were you aiming in those shots - waterline or midline and what was the range ?

1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

First NorCal battle and it performed well - 90k damage and 2 kills for top spot on my team 1071 base xp - better than 2 of the ships on their team.  Properly angled Bismarck bounced shells easily, but a bad driver is a bad driver and they can be sunk - tried to stay at 11k range just to be safe though ....

BTW -I took my ship into mid range, I was not 1/4 ahead and only showing the bow, the only ship still alive was our CV after I died.

Edit:  Shade - where were you aiming in those shots - waterline or midline and what was the range ?

Waterline, range was 6.5km.

Edit: This is not an isolated incident. I think I'm going to make a shitty montage of dropping the hand of god on tiny angle miscalculations.

45 minutes ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

That's a good meme, because a skilled player will do far more in a Bismarck than a North Carolina in this Ranked Season.

K. Us peasants will just enjoy wallowing in our shitlordiness then.

The Atago seems to be the best cruiser for ranked, but it's been very BB heavy, and you need to be stealthy in a cruiser right now to live once spotted.  If you have an IJN DD captain with CE, it should work out great, giving you a 9.1 K detection range, allowing you to stealth fire your torps and ninja in and out of alpha strikes.

It's a great ship outside of ranked, it has actual "dynamic" game play with it's high speed and low detection range.

9 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Tried playing, used molotov, either team was retarded, and/or I was focused immediately. no point in playing anything other than BB or DD.

Molotov is at least better than the sargasso sea of Clevelands. Since I only played 1 game at rank 17 last season to collect my Free Stuff™, I started at rank 20 this time. The teams are like staring into the abyss. Be the DD. Then you won't have to worry about your team's DD being a feeder or retard.

2 minutes ago, Mnemon said:

Molotov is at least better than the sargasso sea of Clevelands. Since I only played 1 game at rank 17 last season to collect my Free Stuff™, I started at rank 20 this time. The teams are like staring into the abyss. Be the DD. Then you won't have to worry about your team's DD being a feeder or retard.

Well, time to grind nicholas then

17 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Well, time to grind nicholas then

Your eventual Farragut will serve you well. Like, I just had this game:

8pAjWrk.jpg

But without the DD, it would've been me trying to play the sole objective and being focused, and a bunch of people hiding in the south of the map. He spotted the DD and together we gunned him down. After that the other team made almost no attempt to contest the cap except for the Bayern suiciding in right at the end. The Farragut deserved his compliments:

KFOg4z3.jpg