Devo

Name that Tank (Real tanks edition)

Name that non-pixel tank.  FYI - Tomato at tanks, tomato at photo editing. 

Got it working better this time, please forgive the very bad cut out.  Wanted to get out some of a future tonk for the thread.

Hellcat (2).jpg

18 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

M18?

On the nose.  The canvas shroud on the mantlet was a bit different than usual.  I have a bunch of pics from a recent tank exhibit.  Every vehicle that was present is in running condition.  Lots of TLC put into these machines.  

Pic #2 - Can you name this WoT favorite? 

10 minutes ago, PityFool said:

That would be a Hetzer.

Ding ding ding...give that man a cupie doll.  That was actually a Swiss G13 that was brought back to German WW2 standard.  And given one of the many ambush pattern paintjobs.  

The anti-tank weapon to the left is a Raketenwerfer 43 (R-Werfer), essentially a Panzerschreck on wheels.  It was longer ranged, but obviously not man portable.    

Panzer 38t?

I used to play this game on a lot of other forums.  One way we played it would be the person who got it right got an upvote, and had to post a picture for others to guess.  Kind of like a cycle.  Another thing we did was to flip the image or put shapes inside so you couldn't google search it. Food for thought.

54 minutes ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

Specific version needed.

Was going to call you a dick for asking that, but theres actually a picture of what appears to be the same tank on the wikipedia page (same cupola and gun, and MG mount missing). So probably an LTP. 

As an aside, the scale in that pic looks.. wrong. Is it a model?

26 minutes ago, OOPMan said:

Pz35 (t), easy to identify due to the giant recoil cylinder.

They have an excellent example at the Cairns tank museum. Shame i went there 2 weeks before amourfest where they drove it and a crapload of other tonks around. If you are ever in Australia, would recommend a trip to it.

13 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Was going to call you a dick for asking that, but theres actually a picture of what appears to be the same tank on the wikipedia page (same cupola and gun, and MG mount missing). So probably an LTP. 

As an aside, the scale in that pic looks.. wrong. Is it a model?

We have a winner

15 hours ago, PrinzEugen478 said:

Panzer 38t?

I used to play this game on a lot of other forums.  One way we played it would be the person who got it right got an upvote, and had to post a picture for others to guess.  Kind of like a cycle.  Another thing we did was to flip the image or put shapes inside so you couldn't google search it. Food for thought.

I'm all for anyone joining in.  Let's just keep it to one vehicle at a time.  I mostly just wanted to let folks see some pics of well restored and  running tanks.  The pics don't do much good just sitting on my computer.

BTW that is a PT-76, but I honestly don't remember which variant it is.

2 hours ago, Devo said:

I'm all for anyone joining in.  Let's just keep it to one vehicle at a time.  I mostly just wanted to let folks see some pics of well restored and  running tanks.  The pics don't do much good just sitting on my computer.

BTW that is a PT-76, but I honestly don't remember which variant it is.

@DevoSo it would be  @karl0ssus1 's turn, correct?

56 minutes ago, PrinzEugen478 said:

@DevoSo it would be  @karl0ssus1 's turn, correct?

@PrinzEugen478, it looks like it to me.  Igf he doesn't post anything, I'll be more than happy to post another pic to keep it rolling.

4 hours ago, Devo said:

@PrinzEugen478, it looks like it to me.  Igf he doesn't post anything, I'll be more than happy to post another pic to keep it rolling.

Go for it. I dont have any personal pics, so would have to resort to google-fu, which makes it kinda boring.

Interestingly enough, there was a picture floating around of what seemed to be an actual E-25. Turned out to be a photoshopped Jagdpanzer 38t (Hetzer).
latest?cb=20140919024858

That was my random fact of the day. Please carry on.

@NightmareMk9 that looks like an M60.  It has the wedge shaped UFP/LFP joint vs. the boat shaped hull (LFP) on the M48.

4 minutes ago, Strigonx said:

You know i can see the whole Centruion right?

Nuh uh...that's the fog of war.  You totally can't see the rest of that Centurion ;)

@StrigonxHere's a clear image at least http://imgur.com/rIuqPEk 

You're up BTW (if you want).