Wewum

How's Your Vision?

Hey guys, I'm doing a school project on myopia, and am conducting a poll to see the vision of people based on their lifestyles, etc. It would be helpful if you could answer the poll below. If you're not sure about your prescription, please don't take it.

https://goo.gl/RszAdL

Thanks.

Recently surgically corrected, so I answered poll with my natural shitlord, could not get in the chair force because I was so fucking blind eyesight values.  Where do I claim my prize?

Perfect vision in my right eye, can't see shit out of the left one past 10m.

This stopped my dream of being a fighter pilot back in the day but hasn't affected my life in any other way. A doctor did tell me I shouldn't be allowed to drive a car without glasses because apparently my depth perception is shit. Still got a license with no glasses though, so if you see me on the road stay the fuck back..

-2.50 in both eyes, I spend at least 4 hours a day on a computer, but I am actually extremely active and have a good healthy build with healthy diet.

-2.25 in both eyes. HGV Driver with boughts of strenuous activity securing loads, 2 kids and a dog. Moderately active with reasonable diet.

20/20 vision corrected, 20/40 uncorrected with an astigmatism.  PRK in 3 years.  Could be worse

Almost forgot you wanted lifestyle right?  Most of the time I spend close to objects such as a computer screen or analyzing charts for work while I finish school.  During most of the day however and really most of my week I'm outside playing tennis which requires really good eyesight to play at the 5.5-6.0 level I'm at.  I also take care that during time I spend close to the computer or anything I'm looking at closely, I give my eyes time to break and look at something far away and try to read it for 20-30 seconds, so they don't become "used" to closer objects.

-3.25 on one side and -3.00 on another. Of course that is from my last eye exam from 2014. Cannot currently get an exam to save my life, because they won't do them when a woman is pregnant. :/

15 hours ago, Inciatus said:

@MacusFlash has his minimap like this so he can see it.

My vision is fine, but I still have my minimap like that. I have it like that mainly for the quick look and see where everything is.

Thanks for the responses guys. 

Really shitty.

I have a focal length of about 30cm, any further away than that and it starts to blur. I couldn't sit back in my chair and read this forum for example, I'd need to squint and lean in.

I went without glasses for years simply because I can't be trusted with something so fragile and expensive. A pair of glasses last me about 2 week before I either break them, lose them, or break them then lose them.

About 5 years ago I tried contact lenses and they're amazing, one of the best decisions I have ever made. Having them physically fixed to my face and replaced every month is almost as good as still being able to see even when I turn my eyes (with thin glasses you get a gap around the edge where you;re not actually looking through them).

On 10/4/2016 at 8:45 PM, Captain_Rex33 said:

-21 left -6 right

do I win having the worst vision here?

lifestyle: highschool cancer life with 1-2 hours screen time/day excluding texting and stuff because teen life.

-21 and -6?

That's a huge difference. Wow.

Used to be -3.75 and -3.25.  Had corrective PRK several years ago.  For a little bit after it got me to 20/8, which was kinda cool.  Settled at 20/16