Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal_LZ

New to Tier 10 How to Tier 10

Question

I recently decided that I hav hang around in Tier 9 for enough time and decided to move on to Tier 10 game. It went ok the first 100 games in my E5(I raged sold my IS7 before) for around 3.3k dpg and 65% winrate, but dropped to 3.1k and 58% after 50 more games. Performance wise, I do find a couple factors that I think is affecting my game play

-. rapid flank collapse. I play solo only because I have a habit of staring at my beautiful tanks for 5mins before starting my next game. 

-. not enough stalling/push power, I found myself often in a awkward situation which I neither can push nor stalling the enemy force with my avg teammates. especially in            tier 10 games  there are more high alpha TDs. I figure you might say: if you cant do with a E5 than its probably your problem. plz enlighten me.

-. Fear of arty leads to passive game play.    especially with 3 arties, I do play arty sometimes to discover arty safe positions, and I think I am pretty good at using hard               covers to avoid getting shot. However, I just cant figure a way to approach maps such as prov and campinovka (and mines, I think it's a damn arty map), cuz there is no           such thing as arty cover and E5 is simply too slow to dodge arty shots.   And recently I found arty players start to focus on me more often and actually wait for me to be          lit again    for more than 30 seconds..

-. Tripe platoon of dark blue/uni/sup uni. I found more this kind of platoon in tier 10 MM, How do I keep my performance in this kind of MM? If on the same team, shall I              push with them or avoid interfere their dmg farming lel.

And another awkward thing is I found myself has similar performance (3k+ dpg wise) in my tier 9 (conqueror/T54/M46/T10) compare to tier 10s. Is that because Tier 9 is more of a evolution from Tier 8 compare to tier 10 from tier 9? My tier 10s is just way too far from reach the 4k dpg super uni level, how do I get there.

:feelsbad:Plz help me all mighty purple poasters.

2 answers to this question

On 10/3/2016 at 6:04 PM, Cardinal_LZ said:

I recently decided that I hav hang around in Tier 9 for enough time and decided to move on to Tier 10 game. It went ok the first 100 games in my E5(I raged sold my IS7 before) for around 3.3k dpg and 65% winrate, but dropped to 3.1k and 58% after 50 more games. Performance wise, I do find a couple factors that I think is affecting my game play

-. rapid flank collapse. I play solo only because I have a habit of staring at my beautiful tanks for 5mins before starting my next game. 

-. not enough stalling/push power, I found myself often in a awkward situation which I neither can push nor stalling the enemy force with my avg teammates. especially in            tier 10 games  there are more high alpha TDs. I figure you might say: if you cant do with a E5 than its probably your problem. plz enlighten me.

-. Fear of arty leads to passive game play.    especially with 3 arties, I do play arty sometimes to discover arty safe positions, and I think I am pretty good at using hard               covers to avoid getting shot. However, I just cant figure a way to approach maps such as prov and campinovka (and mines, I think it's a damn arty map), cuz there is no           such thing as arty cover and E5 is simply too slow to dodge arty shots.   And recently I found arty players start to focus on me more often and actually wait for me to be          lit again    for more than 30 seconds..

-. Tripe platoon of dark blue/uni/sup uni. I found more this kind of platoon in tier 10 MM, How do I keep my performance in this kind of MM? If on the same team, shall I              push with them or avoid interfere their dmg farming lel.

And another awkward thing is I found myself has similar performance (3k+ dpg wise) in my tier 9 (conqueror/T54/M46/T10) compare to tier 10s. Is that because Tier 9 is more of a evolution from Tier 8 compare to tier 10 from tier 9? My tier 10s is just way too far from reach the 4k dpg super uni level, how do I get there.

:feelsbad:Plz help me all mighty purple poasters.

First off, the only way to get better at playing tier 10, is to keep playing tier 10. Additionally, 3k dpg at tier 10 is still pretty decent, and should be enough to get at least 60% winrate, depending on what tank you play.

As for your other points:

Rapid flank collapse: Not much you can do here, just make sure you're not the only one going to a certain flank. Due to the nature of the E5 being more of a "heavium", you don't have to go to the heavy flank every game. If MM gives the enemy 5 heavies, and you have only one, consider just going with the meds, and be ready to defend your cap when they eventually push the flank. Don't be afraid to fall back before the flank collapses completely. You might get an angry message from the friendly E100 who gets swarmed, but you keep your gun in the game longer, thus increasing your win chance.

Push power: Again, not much you can do about it if your team isn't up to it. I would never be the first to push into unspotted TD's (even in an E5). I'm not being big-headed or selfish here, but me being alive increases my team's win chance considerably more than some 350wn8 player in a KV4. If you come to a stalemate, i.e. you clear out K-1 on swamp and know they have TD's sitting in the bushes at D-4, just turn around, and deal with the tanks most likely now pushing into your base.

Arty: Can't do anything about this. Either you camp passively 100% arty-safe and watch as your team loses, or you move unpredictably and hope arty misses, whilst pushing to the next arty safe position.

Triple unicum platoon: You'll see this a lot on top tier. It's a pretty solid way to farm 80%+ winrate if that's your thing. Unless these super unicums are bad/redline snipers/statpadders, they'll most likely push a flank very aggressively. The best way to compliment their playstyle is to join their push, and destroy the flank in 2 minutes. If they spread out and snipe, just ignore them and play your own game. Just make sure you don't sit behind one of their tanks in a bush, block them on a corner, or similar annoying things.

T9 vs T10: Tier 9 is considerably easier to farm damage on than t10 (if you're top tier). There are several factors for this, including but not limited to, less arty, less scary TD's, the fact you can fight against Tier 7's, and the high impact of premium ammo on certain tanks making them super strong (M46/E50/Conq/etc). It's a lot easier to deal with an IS in your E50, than an IS-3 in your E50M. Similarly, tier 7 TD's are much less likely to pen or cripple you than tier 8 TD's are. Think St. Emil vs ISU152/RHM/Skorpion. Even at tier 10, 2 hits from these td's (that won't struggle too much to pen you) ruins any potential HP you may have to bully lategame.

Personally I play mostly T10, but have no tanks with consistent 4k dpg. Sure, I have the odd 5-6k dpg session across 10 games, but over 100's of games my dpg seems to be around 3.6/3.7 on an average day. Personally I think this is due to too many inconsistencies in the game design (MM, Map rotation, Team composition etc). I've had days where I played 15 games, 10 of which were citymaps on my batchat. Not much you can do here. 

The easiest way is to hug that redline and make sure you do as much damage as you possibly can every game, but in order to consistently pull 4k dpg, you need to get 7k dpg games rather often to compensate for the 2-3k dpg games you're bound to have. Finally, hugging the redline and farming useless damage won't do any wonders for your winrate.

Maybe try watching someone like decha stream. He consistently pulls 4-4.5k dpg by playing solo, and it's quite crazy to watch (he also has a very aggressive playstyle).