Cardinal_LZ

T110e5 in short range city combat

So, how do I play E5 in city maps. I know there are obstacle here and there to hull down, but you just cant teleport from one hull down spot to another. When sidescaping is needed, I found it really awkward because

lah5P6V.jpg.

and in close range the cupola is not hard to hit with HEAT

on map such as ENSK

hGg3et0.jpg

I usually go to spot 1 for early shots and then proceed to the next spot depends on how battle develops. And I realize aha I need to sidescrap, then get penned in the lower plate like no tomorrow. I have tried to bait shots but ppl rarely take the bait. Or they can just load HEAT and pen the upper part of my side hull cuz 80 degree autobounce rule.

I am not a fan of 9 0 line, I know there are hills and bumps there but also arties.

Enlighten me my fellow E5 drivers.

Don't side scrape in the T110E5 unless you have ridiculously steep auto- bounce angles,even then its an iffy choice.
The E5 armor is best on attack,its hard to score good shots on the mg cupola/lower front beak sides when you're moving around a lot.

Try to move as much as possible in the E5 without getting distracted,the gun is reasonably comfortable and only needs a short time to aim and place a shot and you'll find your armor profile much more helpful.

11 minutes ago, Nisa said:

Don't side scrape in the T110E5 unless you have ridiculously steep auto- bounce angles,even then its an iffy choice.
The E5 armor is best on attack,its hard to score good shots on the mg cupola/lower front beak sides when you're moving around a lot.

Try to move as much as possible in the E5 without getting distracted,the gun is reasonably comfortable and only needs a short time to aim and place a shot and you'll find your armor profile much more helpful.

hmm, but with that front lower hull shape I will always expose a weak part to the enemy no matter which way I peak around corner.   I dont quite understand, are you saying I should focus more on tactical maneuver instead of doing micros such as hiding my weak spots?

8 minutes ago, Cardinal_LZ said:

hmm, but with that front lower hull shape I will always expose a weak part to the enemy no matter which way I peak around corner.   I dont quite understand, are you saying I should focus more on tactical maneuver instead of doing micros such as hiding my weak spots?

Somewhat. Whatever you do there will be always be a weak part exposed,so you should be making it use of its strengths instead of using it in an unsuitable role.

The T110E5 is not a side-scraping shot-trading heavy tank. It excels in situations where you can catch them in the open or in a 1v1 where you can make use of the high DPM on your gun instead of trying to scrimp by with its relatively low alpha value.

The T110E5 armor is very powerful when they don't have the luxury of time to aim for your weakspots, this usually happens at close ranges where the engagements involve a lot of movement, you're also fast enough to keep your gun tracked on a medium tank trying to circle you so you have that going for you.

Gun control is good enough to shoot on the move while in CQC. HEAT helps there too. Also your armour is best when you are moving cuz your weakspots are not that easy to hit that way.

E5 is amazing tank that is supposed the lead the push. Even more so in city maps.

Don't sidescrape it. Poke out frontally at a huge angle, you should be too angled to have the enemy get any reliable pens. like, keep that front to enemy at all times. its side and rear armour is useless so the front is what you need to use. 

The e5 is more rngish than you think so you will bounce some games a lot some times never (depending on how much your opponent loads premium shells). Also note that the machine gun (the litteral gun) can resist heat shell so wiggle your turret.

Careful with that angle you showed because in that way you show your ammorack making it an easy pen even with ap.

E5 armor works best at corner fighing: if you cover that weak part you are showing (and the cupola if you can) it becomes very hard to pen you even with some td ap.

Overangle hiding the weak part of your armor (which is always the closest to your gun) will get you some great bounces.

Remember that when you sidescrape people can put shot in that weak area and in the cupola so you should not try that.

Furthermore you are fast enough to not always brawl with heavies. Frankly on maps like Ruinberg north i prefer going to the medium flank.

also you never sidescrape like that, you expose some side to sub 150mm guns and use that side to maybe bait a shot, but even then its at an extreme angle and doesnt work that well in practice for trading. As people have said drive forward using speed and aggression to make small weakspots hard to hit. use heat for hard targets and bully.

getting into a hull down is plenty useful but always wiggle always move, dont let things get clean aimed shots on weakpoints/flatspots.

Wiggle the hull AND the turret(in opposite directions), go backwards and forwards all in the same time about 6 seconds between shots.Then aim the last 1-1.5 sec.

When no hull down-peek a boo available. When they are, do it still, to lower the chance of HEAT on tumor.

Remember of move in all 3 dimensions - ppl go just back and forth and it is easy to pre-aim and wait for the amplitude.

LUL the advice in this thread. You can sidescrape any gun 130mm or less and be virtually immune. Your side can be overmatched by 140mm+ guns, so be careful when dealing with those. 

Drive straight into a wall, have your side at autobounce and hide lower plate. Literally impenetrable. If you have to expose your lower plate, just wiggle left and right and it will cause the average pubbie to spaghetti and bounce or hit your tracks.