Sign in to follow this  
BlackAdder

Mortal machine (post back results)

I generally chose to kill men over women with the understanding that women would do their 'duty' to society by having at least 2 kids (if functional, thus my bias against fat women), and prioritized kids over elderly every time.

I engaged natural selection for those that were retarded amd crossed when not supposed to, and otherwise, young, fit, and proficient people had my priority. Apparently I intervened less than average.

I was several questions in before I realized this was some commentary about judgment of human worth or whatever. I was simply picking the least damaging results in terms of lives lost with the added criteria of not swerving into a different lane all else being equal because that could cause additional collisions with other cars. Also, kill pedestrians over drivers because if you're walking you should always be paying attention to traffic green lights or not. You can avoid a car a lot easier than a car can avoid you, and drivers already have more to watch for.

Apparently I'm a sociopath for telling the car to always crash through the area that has the 'no cross' signal going (or they weren't crossing legally)

Interesting that its biased against single state decisions.

I killed a ton of robbers, saved pets and women. Killed youngins and saved old ladies. :/ If they were not abiding the law at the cross walk...gone.

7 hours ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

I was several questions in before I realized this was some commentary about judgment of human worth or whatever. I was simply picking the least damaging results in terms of lives lost with the added criteria of not swerving into a different lane all else being equal because that could cause additional collisions with other cars. Also, kill pedestrians over drivers because if you're walking you should always be paying attention to traffic green lights or not. You can avoid a car a lot easier than a car can avoid you, and drivers already have more to watch for.

Kinda this. But intentionally. I just went with the outcomes I would want a realistic (as in, coming to you within the next decade) self driving car to pick. Which basically prioritised minimising loss of life, killing animals before humans, endangering the occupants of the car instead of pedestrians (much more likely to survive in the real world) and not making things worse by swerving into the other lane when all else was equal.

Amusingly, this has output some fairly extreme results for things I simply didnt consider because the software would likely be unable to make the distinction (gender, social value, age). Not surprising given the sample size, but I think that illustrates the disconnect between the exercise and the real world pretty well. 

I think Id prefer a driverless system that made these decisions purely based on which option gets the least people the least damaged. Never mind social worth or gender (maybe age, but I feel that thats more a case of extremes), just endeavour to minimise harm.