kunjuro

Upcoming Tier VII HT - KV-122

Because WG's idea of balancing the game and making it more dynamic is introducing ANOTHER 122mm armed Soviet Heavy Tank/Clone....
PS: At least the tank was actually built and underwent trials

Tier: 7 Premium HT
HP: 1200
Engine: 700hp
Mass:  46,515 t
Power-to-weight: 15,05 hp / t
Max speed: 42 / -14 km / h
Hull turning speed: 40 °/s
Turret turning speed: 33,4 °/s
Terrain resistance values: 0,959 / 1,055 / 2,014
View range: 360 m
Radio range: 440 m

Hull armor: 75 / 60 / ? mm
Turret armor: 100 / 90 / ? mm

Gun: 122 mm D-25T

Alpha Damage: 390 / 390 / 530
Penetration: 175 / 217 / 61mm
Rate Of Fire: 5,087 rounds/minute
Damage Per Minute: 1,984
Reload time: 11,795 s
Accuracy: 0,441

Aiming time: 3,07 s

Depression/Elevation: -6 / +20 °

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/10/05/supertest-kv-122complete-stats-pictures/

I'm imagining every fucker and their mum who misses the old "KV-1Serb" will buy this to relive the old days of EZ mode. Not realising its not a tier 6 bullshit wagon anymore, but a thoroughly mediocre tier 7 premium.

But good luck when bottom tier :serb:E-75, E-50, T-10, ST-I, Type 4 Heavy, Conquer and VKB drivers will be laughing as they push your shit in.

HARD.

Some of the recent prem tank releases make it obvious that WGs marketing department has taken over. Game development is fully secondary now, milking the game for every ounce of blood it has left is > all. Add a management that is (or at least was until very recently) afraid of any change at all and you got a stale game that is slowly dwindling into an irreversable decline.

Which would be a shame.

I really hope the devs can pull the rudder round and revitalize the game before it's too late.

I think with this there are around 14 premium/reward Soviet heavies in the game or proposed. 

Pretty pointless compared to an IS-2 Berlin, you get 2 hp/ton and 8 kph top speed for tier 5 levels of armour. 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

How is this different to the IS?

+ faster

+ slightly better gun stats

- MUCH worse armor; your hull is same as tier 5 KV-1S which can be easily penned by tier 5s

- little less health

1 hour ago, leggasiini said:

+ faster

- MUCH worse armor; your hull is same as tier 5 KV-1S which can be easily penned by tier 5s

- little less health

So in reality, not much different really. Normal IS isn't really known for it's armor either so.
Just a bad medium with a big boomstick really and very little use.

25 minutes ago, Stige said:

So in reality, not much different really. Normal IS isn't really known for it's armor either so.
Just a bad medium with a big boomstick really and very little use.

Expect IS can bully lowtiers, and can get ocassional troll bounces. This thing's armor is easily penned by almost every tier 5 from most angles at hull.

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

+ faster

- little less health

Gun is the same I think unless the dispersion is better, might be marginally better aim time. 

I miss the old KV-1S at tier 6, it was the epitome of balance...

This thing will shit on tier 7 mediums (what tank doesnt?) but the IS-2 Berlin is probably just better overall.

17 hours ago, leggasiini said:

Expect IS can bully lowtiers, and can get ocassional troll bounces. This thing's armor is easily penned by almost every tier 5 from most angles at hull.

You obviously have never side scraped against pubbies in this vehicle then.

Hopefully this thing gets pref MM so it sees t8 max. But otherwise I'll stick to OP-122-44.

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

You obviously have never side scraped against pubbies in this vehicle then.

Hopefully this thing gets pref MM so it sees t8 max. But otherwise I'll stick to OP-122-44.

The thing is as fast as the 122-44 with a turret and workable gun depression. It may be a shit heavy but it's going to be one hell of a medium.

3 minutes ago, lavawing said:

The thing is as fast as the 122-44 with a turret and workable gun depression. It may be a shit heavy but it's going to be one hell of a medium.

A terrible medium, mediums have soft stats. It's like saying the IS-7 is a medium, sure it's fast, but that's it, it's trash otherwise as a medium.