oddbal1

What is WN8K (aka WN8KTTC)

Sela includes Session Stats by ShuraBB in his mod pack.  What is WN8K (I see it on the ASIA forum as WN8KTTC) - how does it differ from WN8? 

(I don't have an Asian account to search their forums and have not had much luck searching elsewhere)

i think shura did explain different wn8 and wn8k

WN8 uses to create the table "Expected Tank Values" database of 20,000 players and one million tanks

WN8KTTC uses a base of ~ 1 million players and 200 million tanks.

source: ShuraBB - WoT EU Forum

57 minutes ago, IanSanJR said:

i think shura did explain different wn8 and wn8k

WN8 uses to create the table "Expected Tank Values" database of 20,000 players and one million tanks

WN8KTTC uses a base of ~ 1 million players and 200 million tanks.

source: ShuraBB - WoT EU Forum

I have made a little bit research based on @IanSanJR post, and original post is here:

World of Tanks official forum post

And to quote precisely:

>Can you explain me what WN8KTTC means?

WN8KTTC calculation formula is exactly the same as WN8.

But:

WN8KTTC uses a base of ~ 1 million players and 200 million tanks.

And the larger the database, the greater the accuracy of the

So I have few additional questions:

1) If those values are as "official" as WN8? Can I use them same way as WN8 to check if I am improving (a.k. being a better player, then I was few weeks ago)?

2) As far as I notice for few person "always" WN8KTTC give higher result then WN8. Does it suggest that WN8KTTC is more precise (faster updates of expected values for tanks, different way of treating past values etc..), or maybe WN8KTTC use wider players base (so there is more "baddies" and therefore each over average person will gain proportional increase because overall expected values are lower), or I'v checked to few players and therefore my results are incorrect, or it is just a catch use WN8KTTC You are much better player in this rating than in original WN8.

I was trying to look for any information with google, unfortunately most of the results are in Russian. So anyone can add some additional information?

The question is wether they remove all games for a tank by players with less than 100 battles in said tank.

They can calcuilate WN8kttc the same as WN8 but if they fundamentally screw on the expected values table then the ranking is basically BS.

And as far as I can say, it seems to be the case that they do NOT remove abovementioned stock tank only players and thus arrive at noteably less expected values for most tanks. Consequently most peeps rank higher.

I went from a yolo-worthy 1563 to 2363. :party:

Expected values were always going to be the issue. I have 190 tanks with fewer than 100 battles played, none of which are tracked for WN8 purposes. Some individual tanks also have absolute howlers for expected values: I'm #2 for overall win rate in the DW2 (down from #1), and I'm #11 for average damage (down from #5). In WN8, this barely qualifies for blue. In WN9, it's light green.

From listening on other boards, It feels like WN8's data set of tanks and tiers has been updated to the point that many players no longer trusted it, and the WN9 formula was going to be even more arbitrary. I'm actually kind of surprised it took this long for someone to rerun the WN8 formula against the entire player base and produce a new set of numbers.

If the WN8KTTC rating uses the WN8 formula but with a different set of expected values then I hope whoever did that read the megathread in here where we spent eons trying to figure out how to update the expected values at all. 

Things that WN8KTTC expected values method needs to consider:

1. The data has to be filtered to remove tanks with low battles per player, and tanks where the player isn't good on that tank (WN8 expected values only consider each player's top 50% of tanks that have over 50 battles played).
  2. The expected values for any tank are calculated (using only the filtered data) such that the rSTATs achieved by the players playing the tank are statistically same as they achieve overall, for the 'benchmark' player (WN8 = 1565). 

If you come up with expected values and don't use filters then you introduce a ton of trash into the dataset. If you derive expected values that are based on some relative aspect of tanks performance that isn't tied back to overall player performance then the scale will differ from WN8.