ZXrage

how the f*ck do I play the M48

I got the M48 about a month back and have been enjoying it, although I've encountered a problem.

Despite doing pretty decently in it (I average about 3k if I don't hard potato), It's stuck at about 50-52% WR. It's frustrating to do, well only to lose.

What do I do?

Do more dmg.

M48 can't push, can't really scout, can't really flank either, you only chance of increasing your chnace to win is to make every shot count and do as much dmg as you possibly can before your team collapses.

3k is kinda on the lower side for M48 to be honest.

just really try to maximize on the M48's greatest asset, the amazing DPM and aim time, to do snapshots and just being super annoying.

Snap everything.. don't bother with view range since vents + bia + #420blazeit base vr already give you 445m, improve the handling and dpm as much as possible, run cola since it doesn't get set on fire that often..

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take si make that gun sing ;)

9 hours ago, Crossfader said:

Sell M48 capitalist fat pig, buy superior soviet wedge tank, beware of cheap Chinese knock offs

Jokes on you, I'm poor and far away from soviet wedge tank :^(

You move from cover to cover and abuse your godlike gun control.

Always try to be in a somewhat central position, as you aren't that mobile.

Pop anyone not looking your way and laugh as they have no chance to get shots on you before you are back in cover.

5 hours ago, TheLovePanda said:

Not like this :kjugh:

Hide contents

2edcbdk.jpg

I don't remember that match. For good reason too, that looked atrocious.  >:^(

On 10/8/2016 at 8:25 PM, ThomChen114 said:

do snapshots and just being super annoying.

On 10/9/2016 at 4:30 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

Snap everything..

This is the worst advice that could ever be given to any tank. M48 while good at poking and hitting accurate shots, is just only superior when the rng matches it, and is aided by an element of enemy's delayed response. It's hard to understand though OP what the problem is, do you not know how to genuinely play it? Do you play it too cautiously? What? I play the M60 as I do my T-62a, and as my batchat, they all play similarly in my opinion and I have ~>4k dpg/65% solo (this is about 2 years ago mind you) in all of them. I became better after I watched replays of RUnicums playing ridiculously good. The M60/48 are terrible without good knowledge of the map, if you know every single map well you will always make a solid performance on it, even city maps such as himmelsdorf it becomes quite good when you can use that advantage of low reticule spread and surprise the enemy from firing+have very little aim time. I do recommend however you load plenty of HEAT as well, and maximize on the soft stats of the tank. I go Cola>Fire every time in it as well.

You may want to go and get damage and load it up, and while you can at times do it from the same position over and over poke and poke for free damage, you can not rely on this. This is where most shitty unicums fail, they sit in the same location, perhaps they reappear in the same location(s) and stay too long, and can't judge properly the enemy arty reloads, or even other positions other than the 2 they have used the entire match. Then they get raped by arty, this adds up over time resulting in many losses, and much dpg left out. Mediums although you may want to keep pumping out damage, it only works from an advantageous position. You have mobility to put yourself into that position. Sometimes you can never find that position however, even if you know every single firing line and angle of fire, and exactly where the enemy is. At that point it is better to just try to play around that and use the tank's strengths to at least try to push some action out of a losing battle. Such as poking over a hill in the M60 repeatedly to farm damage, or as a T-62a to side-scrape/go hull down and attract fire/deal it out. The individual unique abilities of the tierX medium tanks I feel are mostly used when it is a already bad situation, and you can pull it off.

But do as I said if you want to improve, just watch RUnicums, maybe WGLRU/EU and learn DANK positioning, learning the situations to use these positions is important, and will make you gain.

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is the worst advice that could ever be given to any tank.

Amusing anecdote from last night... M60 first 4 aimed shots, all zero damage crits. Rest of battle, right click left click, all pens for damage. Clearly auto aim > RNG.

36 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Amusing anecdote from last night... M60 first 4 aimed shots, all zero damage crits. Rest of battle, right click left click, all pens for damage. Clearly auto aim > RNG.

I don't even understand the zero damage crit meme, you're just hitting the tracks and not penetrating the armor, what else is there to explain? Have you never looked at where tanks are pennable and not?

1 minute ago, Raj said:

I don't even understand the zero damage crit meme, you're just hitting the tracks and not penetrating the armor, what else is there to explain? Have you never looked at where tanks are pennable and not?

Lol. I think you missed the point entirely. Maybe try auto aiming and you might hit it! ;)

8 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Lol. I think you missed the point entirely. Maybe try auto aiming and you might hit it! ;)

There's this thing called aiming. I do it in tanks people say have horrible long range accuracy such as the AMX50-100 and penetrate 6/6 shots. It's quite easy. Another thing however I've noticed is the IS-7 driver's hatch, you can't really pen it, so I just started shooting the lower plate/upper-plate, and surprisingly that thing is weak as hell there.

3 hours ago, Raj said:

There's this thing called aiming. I do it in tanks people say have horrible long range accuracy such as the AMX50-100 and penetrate 6/6 shots. It's quite easy. Another thing however I've noticed is the IS-7 driver's hatch, you can't really pen it, so I just started shooting the lower plate/upper-plate, and surprisingly that thing is weak as hell there.

Aiming for hatches in 2016 LUL

btw, at long ranges you can aim, but at close/medium (let's say from 50m to 350) even with sub 2s aim time you can't really sit there and aim (you can but most of the times you trade badly, like 700 hp taken for 400 done).. M48 has extremely good dispersion values, so it's extremely good at snapping.. it's the main strenght of the tank, the retardedly low dispersion on the move... other than that it's a noname, dpm is OK, dps is OK, pen is OK, armour is OK....

so why wouldn't you use the snapping ability of this tank?

4 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

dpm is OK

The M48A1 has the 2nd best DPM of the NATOmeds, second only to the STB-1.

Ti6ZVMB.png

You were probably thinking about the pre-buff M48 :P

M48 is definitely a second line tank. It's an opportunist tank. Use your dank DPM and snaps to pop out of cover on hills or slight depressions and pop a shot off and then come back and reload. It's slowness is both a weakness and a key strength. It's too slow to do daring shit say like take mines hill, but its also slow enough to make it so you dont suffer from "Hellcat-itis" where just because you're fast you take the lead and die. Because of that fact taking a second hand position and no I'm not saying kemp boosh (no camo for that) I'm saying instead of going hill on mines take the 1 line island and find those opportunistic shots and support your 40% E100s with dank dpm and snaps.

It has the ammo to snap alot of shots so even if you miss on a great carry it wont be detrimental like it would be in a Bat or RU med. Most unicums here wouldn't argue that they do take chancy shots and result with say 2-3 more shots of damage per game than they would otherwise. And while .36 raw accuracy isnt too terrible it does mean you will want to stick to close/mid range to whatever you're fighting for greater consistency.

And while you can indeed kemp boosh with a degree of success; in most maps esp with corridor meta you're going to want to be as opportunistic as possible. You should want to be conservative of your HP as well. Because if the game does boil down to a close match; the M48 is a fucking monster late game because of the dank VR and DPM.

Also take note of most NATO tanks excluding the Bat shit. Your HEAT round is far FAR more effective than on the RU Meds and Bat because the shell velocity of these rounds is somewhere close to 300-400 m/s better. So you can fling HEAT like a kid in a candy store with great effect. (Plus it's fun to get those after game PMs of salty idiots)

7 hours ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Aiming for hatches in 2016 LUL

btw, at long ranges you can aim, but at close/medium (let's say from 50m to 350) even with sub 2s aim time you can't really sit there and aim (you can but most of the times you trade badly, like 700 hp taken for 400 done).. M48 has extremely good dispersion values, so it's extremely good at snapping.. it's the main strenght of the tank, the retardedly low dispersion on the move... other than that it's a noname, dpm is OK, dps is OK, pen is OK, armour is OK....

so why wouldn't you use the snapping ability of this tank?

Because I can always fully aim it and get in more damage than snapping, usually because I choose good positions that the enemy has a delayed response to, or can not even see me.

2 hours ago, Raj said:

Because I can always fully aim it and get in more damage than snapping, usually because I choose good positions that the enemy has a delayed response to, or can not even see me.

Sounds awful alot like camping to me :disco:

2 minutes ago, _Assad said:

Sounds awful alot like camping to me :disco:

Assad pls, you literally scream every 30 seconds about arty, arty was made to stop camping shit lords like you who camp aggressively on the front line in one spot.

Just now, Raj said:

Assad pls, you literally scream every 30 seconds about arty, arty was made to stop camping shit lords like you who camp aggressively on the front line in one spot.

You havent seen me play in the past year then. My play style has shifted from over aggro to kemp boosh aka MagentaPanda tactics. Not to mention I havent been vocal about arty since joining bulba cause all I do is expect/play it :)

3 minutes ago, _Assad said:

You havent seen me play in the past year then. My play style has shifted from over aggro to kemp boosh aka MagentaPanda tactics. Not to mention I havent been vocal about arty since joining bulba cause all I do is expect/play it :)

Good, I'm judging you from over 1 year ago though. I wouldn't call certain things other call camping as camping, moving to strong positions to maximize damage on the enemy is hardly camping, especially when you shift to various other positions, seems more like the enemy is being overly aggressive.

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Good, I'm judging you from over 1 year ago though. I wouldn't call certain things other call camping as camping, moving to strong positions to maximize damage on the enemy is hardly camping, especially when you shift to various other positions, seems more like the enemy is being overly aggressive.

>Camping in M48 

This meme is a dream because of the fact it's the size of a T110E5 :serb:

Some tanks can sometimes be jynxed for certain people. A buddy of mine has an amx50B @ 2k wn8 his winrate is 46% atm. He played it for 421 battles now. At the point he played 250 battles he had even higher wn8 than he has now, his winrate back than was a whopping 43%.

My jynxed tank is the churchillVII, 2250 wn8 @ 47%

And some times certain tanks just cannot lose. My kv4 won 68% of her last 500 battles and my A-44 scores a whopping 69% and I still dont know that keeps happening.

On 2.11.2016 at 11:26 PM, bask185 said:

Some tanks can sometimes be jynxed for certain people. A buddy of mine has an amx50B @ 2k wn8 his winrate is 46% atm. He played it for 421 battles now. At the point he played 250 battles he had even higher wn8 than he has now, his winrate back than was a whopping 43%.

My jynxed tank is the churchillVII, 2250 wn8 @ 47%

And some times certain tanks just cannot lose. My kv4 won 68% of her last 500 battles and my A-44 scores a whopping 69% and I still dont know that keeps happening.

Most of the time it's not jynxed is dealing empty damage that does not influence the game as much as it could. Farming on a loss is an easy way to get high wn8 and low wr.