Accuracy: 0,364
Aiming time: 2,21 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +25

Gun: 12,8 cm Kw.K. L/50

Alpha Damage: 490 / 490 / 630
Penetration: 220 / 250 / 65 mm

typ_205_arm_1.jpgtyp_205_arm_2.jpg

typ_205_tth.jpg

"Wargaming has confirmed that there will be a new alternative mini German Heavy Tank branch, that leads to the Maus. The new branch will be researchable from the Tiger (P), Tier VII, with VK 100.01 (P) as Tier VIII and the Mauschen as Tier IX."

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/10/11/supertest-mauschen/#comments

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After i put Type 4 which was pretty similar as Mauschen i found it confusing that why they canceled Mauschen. So look, here it is back again.

What changed:

- no longer gets 15cm

- has more HP

Correct me if i am wrong.

VK 100.01 (P) also confirmed as regular tier 8. But this fucking pisses me off:

"The new branch will be researchable from the Tiger (P), Tier VII, with VK 100.01 (P) as Tier VIII and the Mauschen as Tier IX."

I already researched that damned VK 4502A. Are you now saying WG that i have to either grind through VK 4502A and to not get enjoy earlier versions of Maus (and i gladly would like to, like you would have guessed i love superheavies), or buy back that useless piece of shit that is known as Tiger P and regrind it? Well, i think i will just go and re-buy Tiger P, rip me

I wonder though that why WG is making the branch alternative. They should have replace those VKs, because they are unhistorical (and VK B is sorta broken, not necessarily overpowered but the armor scheme IS kinda broken, VK A afaik sucks ass) with these tanks, so why are they making these things alternative line, not replacements?

Your thoughts?

Take a VK B, give it a worse turret and frontal hullarmor but give it better sidearmor, kill the driver of the VK and you got yourself the Mäuschen.

It will be trash for the same reason the Type 4 is trash but with a lot worse mobility (It will struggle to reach 15 kp/h on flat hard terrain with that terrainresistance...)

The gun is good and it has a lot of hp but the armor will be unreliable and the mobility will just be infuriating to play with.

I wouldnt say that turret itself is worse though; VK B has preangled turret aswell as pretty weak side turret armor. VK B cant angle its turret at all, this can. Mauschen however has gigantic cupola, which i guess is going to be problem.

VK B as tank is clearly better, though. Even Type 4 is probably better, atleast if its buffs goes through ST (its getting +10mm into front and will get same derp as Type 5 will have). Type 4 atleast has 600 alpha and -10 depression as novelty factors. This thing doesnt have...either.

It looks bad but im still looking forward to it, just for novelty factor. It also should have ocassional hilarous moments, just like Type 4/5. 

Hard to understate how slow this tank is. It will be the second slowest tank in the game, barely more mobile than a T95. The Mauschen would have a hard time pinning down a rock, let alone an IS-6. Evolution might turn this thing into an actual Maus before it reaches the other side of the map.

28 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

On the plus side it doesnt get a derp gun so..... Yeah GG WG FOR BALANCE.

It originally had option to mount similar 150mm as E100, expect (i think) same AP pen as Borsig and no HEAT at all. That is i guess the main reason why it was cancelled originally, not only because of armor. I mean, 15cm gun + almost maus armor against tier 7s and 8s? Its like Type 4, already quite extreme tank, streched even further into extremes. Then again, with that pen it was forced to spam HE against tier 10s. And its RoF wasnt amazing IIRC...so yeah. I feel like that giving it 12.8cm with okay gun stats + more health is better way to balance it. Not as gigamegahyper overpowered against lowtiers, but not as useless against tier 10s. Ofc its still very very very nasty against lowtiers and crap against tier 10, but not as badly as it first was.

The hard and medium terrain resistance are close together, which means it will be as slow on streets as on grass, question now is: how awefull slow will it be on pavement :P

Balance wise, this looks better as Type 4, assuming it wont turn out to be T95 levels of slow....

The cupola may not be too bad, it has the potential to be troll from the front with that 230 zone (if I have the colour right) and its rounding. Doubly so if this thing abuses that 8 degrees of gun depression.

For tier 7s in particular it's probably better just slinging gold through the turret front/LFP like the Maus than relying on frontal cupola shots.

13 minutes ago, Covalent said:

The cupola may not be too bad, it has the potential to be troll from the front with that 230 zone (if I have the colour right) and its rounding. Doubly so if this thing abuses that 8 degrees of gun depression.

For tier 7s in particular it's probably better just slinging gold through the turret front/LFP like the Maus than relying on frontal cupola shots.

Yeah, it reminds me of Type 4/5 cupola. Its technically a weakspot, but its too trollish. Its better to just sling gold at unangled plates. 

Am i btw only one who noticed that it actually has marginally better gun than Maus itself (little better DPM and aimtime). Like, lol? :serb: 

...maybe they have buffed Maus gun on supertest and have not leaked it yet.

Or even...what if they gave it JT's top 128mm...

Nah, too good to be true...right?

8 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Unless you try to angle the turret. Not sure if you'd want to angle this turret anyway, but if you try you will get your cupola shredded by T7s.

I imagine if you angled like a maus that's more in the open and jerked back and forth the cupola would likely be difficult to hit or at least more trolley.

29 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

I imagine if you angled like a maus that's more in the open and jerked back and forth the cupola would likely be difficult to hit or at least more trolley.

Juking helps in any tank, but I don't it'd do a whole lot when your cupola is three times larger than most and you can only accelerate/reverse at sub-5kph. Would you really wanna get a 150mm weakspot in trade for for 20mm of turret armor? Probably not a viable option unless you've got that side of the turret hidden behind a wall...

58 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Juking helps in any tank, but I don't it'd do a whole lot when your cupola is three times larger than most and you can only accelerate/reverse at sub-5kph. Would you really wanna get a 150mm weakspot in trade for for 20mm of turret armor? Probably not a viable option unless you've got that side of the turret hidden behind a wall...

How tall is the tank? The cupola might not actually be something that can be shot easily especially at closer ranges. 

Maybe this is part of the big rebalance... Where they ditch +2/-2, have +1/-1 but have a bigger performance gap between each tier.

I'm trying to apply logic to WG's 'ideas', but I know they don't use any themselves.

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

It originally had option to mount similar 150mm as E100, expect (i think) same AP pen as Borsig and no HEAT at all. That is i guess the main reason why it was cancelled originally, not only because of armor. I mean, 15cm gun + almost maus armor against tier 7s and 8s? Its like Type 4, already quite extreme tank, streched even further into extremes. Then again, with that pen it was forced to spam HE against tier 10s. And its RoF wasnt amazing IIRC...so yeah. I feel like that giving it 12.8cm with okay gun stats + more health is better way to balance it. Not as gigamegahyper overpowered against lowtiers, but not as useless against tier 10s. Ofc its still very very very nasty against lowtiers and crap against tier 10, but not as badly as it first was.

Yeah, but in return for that it had absolutely Terribad EVERYTHING

Like, every stat that wasnt alpha or armour was absolutely terrible. I remember playing it on tue test server, it couldnt pen itself.